October 4-8, 2010

Toups

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that "Days" resurgence was just an optical illusion. The ratings for "Days" took a steep nosedive after soon-to-be-ex-NBC President Jeff Zucker seemed to strongly hint that "Days" would not have its contract with the network renewed.

The soap seemed to briefly rally and gain back some of those viewers who had left after Zucker's comments. Those small gains, coupled with being compared to that steep drop from the previous year made it appear as though "Days" was surging - when it really wasn't.

• Members

Geesh. I do see your point. Hopefully DAYS as well of the rest of the soaps start having a good late fall/winter irrelevant of quality. As much as they may have earned their fates, it'll be sad to see that the pattern is one going down every year until they're just all gone.

• Members

Agreed--OLTL moves around a lot in the ratings. They have a 'surplus' fan base who don't tune in every day. I don't think regular OLTL fans cared much about Zimmer. She does have a following and that certainly helped. I wonder if TC really has a fan base? OLTL should have signed Martha Byrne and brought back Jon Hensley's old character.

• Members

I doubt it was Zimmer if only because OLTL gained the week before too so it's on an upswing trend as action heats up.

Toups, the promo was Tea's alive, you won't believe what happens next, John kicking down door, Todd vs Eli at docks and the Dani/Starr in danger. With a scream at the end of the promo.

• Members

:rolleyes:

This whole argument has gotten ridiculous. Where were those ATWT viewers when the show immediately went off the air and OLTL actually lost viewers? Did they all take a one week hiatus? No matter how many times you say it - and you seem to say it A LOT - doesn't make it so. There is no way to know if those extra viewers are old ATWT viewers or old OLTL viewers tuning back in as several storylines are now coming to a head.

Archived