October 4-8, 2010

Toups

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They did go up last year when Starr was held hostage by the Russian drug dealers so that probably helped but I do think Kim deserves a good deal of the credit. I also think that the news that her story would focus on the vets helped too.

• Members

I am going to echo the sentiments of others and agree that Zimmer had a hand in the increase, the woman has a pretty rabid fanbase from what I have seen. I think the current umbrella story on OLTL is horrible, but the climax of it has had me watching this week, so I am happy for such a big increase.

DAYS is just sad, but I don't think it's getting cancelled next year. I might even go out on a limb

and say I know it's not.

• Members

It's past due for OLTL to get a rise with all the not-dead stories as predictable as they are. It was a little delayed.

I don't know if characters, actors, couples or quality matter to AMC's ratings as much as Sam Champion and his friend Mother Nature does particularly looking at the following pattern for AMC...

UP: (Beginning of) November 2007 - (End of) February 2008 - Ratings over 2.6 million 11 out of 17 weeks

DOWN: March 2008 - (Middle of) September 2008 - Ratings over 2.6 million 2 out of 33 weeks

UP: (Middle of) September 2008 - (End of) March 2009 - Ratings over 2.6 million 18 out of 24 weeks

DOWN: April 2009 - (First week of) October 2009 - Ratings over 2.6 million 0 out of 27 weeks

UP: October 2009 - (First week of) March 2010 - Ratings over 2.6 million viewers 19 of 21 weeks

DOWN: March 2010 - October 2010 - Ratings over 2.6 million 0 out of 31 weeks

• Members

Sadly, I agree. It seems all ever goes on is someone having a secret, someone else discovering the secret, and something happening to stop the secret from coming out. Melanie discovering Chloe´s affair is the latest example. She spend two weeks arguing with everyone how she has to tell, only to deciding she will stay mum after all and the story returning back at starting point. It´s getting tired and it looks like we will see the same scenario once again next two weeks, but this time with Arianna.

Maybe there is a chance NBC will force Corday to fire Higley. They did it once, they could do it again. I would love to see this cast which I really like to be iject with some new and fresh energy.

• Members

I think it's 50-50 that DAYS is picked up in March for another year (Sep 11-Sep 12).

Lots of things up in the air at NBC at this point, with Comcast taking over, and Jeff Zucker being ousted. I don't think anyone can say for sure what someone new in charge will do regarding DAYS.

• Members

Too late. Even if they hired her tomorrow, she wouldn´t make it on screen till March. They just taped christmas so I assume all winter is already outlined and atleast partially scripted. And no way they will just throw everything away and start from scratch.

• Members

I told you all that OLTL would go up ;) The ex ATWT actors will only help, not hurt, as we move into the season. There were big gains in demos, younger people not so set in habit and willing to switch channels. OLTL will be #3 by December.

Y&R has hit a very rough patch and the sweeps stunt sucks. The current regime has proven able to write good story in the past but they need a staff shake up and a return of Josh Griffin--after he left, the show lost all pace. Funny, as the show shifts to a younger cast it falls in youth demos--huh

B&B is toast, enough said!

GH is doing well but is so boring.

Poor Days--even Vivian buried alive can't boost the show. I doubt anyone thought Days would be in last place behind AMC.

Finally, all the non-Bell soaps are so close in the ratings.

See, not all ATWT fans hate OLTL. STILL pissed my show is gone but OLTL isn't bad and shouldn't get bashed.

Archived