As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

The way she was holding the package flat to the camera even when walking was hilarious too. The reason I didn't pick that video though was that Peggy McCay, God Bless Her and may she RIP, actually tried to sell it and delivered the lines with some level of enthusiasm.
I am sure she didn't like it anymore than Peter Reckell and Kristen Alfonso did but she did it like a trooper so the cringe was slightly less for me. Seeing actors die inside while delivering the lines is the extra level of "what are they doing" for me.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Even the Banbury Cross storyline had missing episodes. I mean, we know how it ends but it's not as satisfying when you don't see the steps that get to the storyline's conclusion.

It's like that for basically every major storyline in the 80s up to at least 1990-91 posted on YouTube, which, tbh is annoying. And, I bet the Banbury Cross storyline would look visually stunning if it were remastered in digital and/or HD.  Even the exteriors of the Synder Farm would look great in HD.

The SoapClassics people should definitely have included some episodes that were shot in England/Venice and Venice. Don't know what they were thinking in not doing so.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Showing a character having breakfast with a box of Cheerios nearby seems life-like and completely "normal".   Having a character suddenly deliver a soliloquy about "whole grain goodness with no sugar added!" is just utterly cringeworthy.   

• Members

Is there a full episode of that original scene on YouTube? I'm not talking about the scene where the argue and Lucinda pulls John into the tub (I know that one is up), I'm talking about the next episode, where they're already both in the tub arguing and kissing, as shown in this clip.

Also, was the Vegas elopement actually shown onscreen? Or just them already back in Oakdale.

It's been so long, I had forgotten that there was anything after they pulled each other into the bathtub.

• Members

John and Lucinda eloped off-camera. The first time the audience learned of it was when Emma first learned of it - at John's penthouse when Lucinda came bounding down the spiral staircase announcing to Emma that she was "the honorable Mrs. John Dixon."

• Members

Right, I remember that episode but you just confirmed what I had already suspected.

I wish the episode where everyone else in Oakdale begins to find out were posted on YouTube.

Sierra, Craig and Lily all find out at the same time after being summoned by Lucinda. Craig toasts the newlyweds, and says something to the effect of "...to a marriage made in hell...". Kim, Lisa and the rest of the town's reactions were pretty memorable too.

• Members

Good question..not a clue for an answer. But as much crap as Goutman (rightly) gets..I don't think he was the major problem in the early years..I think MADD was more of the issue in trying to turn both GL and ATWT into ABC soaps era 1980s.