Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish he would study the Television Academy Foundation one-on-one interviews.
The interviews interrupt once in a blue moon (granted with relevant questions that couldn't be asked at the end of the anecdote) but you hear these great actors or TV people talk and stories can go on for ten minutes without interruption and it is glorious.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

For the love of Eileen Fulton, I wish these episodes were of higher visual quality (they're not the worst, but definitely not the clearest visual quality) but "Lisa" is in rare form in this episode. Her scenes with Barbara, Tonio and Lucinda, which extends into the next episode are standout, imo, despite the occasional over the top outburst (meant to evoke menopause and Lisa going through the "change of life"), Eileen is really quite good here.

I especially enjoyed the scenes where Lisa goads Tonio (who begins to suspect that Lisa knows about he and Barbara having had an affair). The way she needles and taunts him is actually fun to watch--she does the same thing to Lucinda in the next episode too (also fun) and Eileen looks like she is in her element.

• Members

The best interview he ever did was with Rosemary Prinz. For one, it was shocking that at 90 she was so sharp, but she completely took control of that interview and made sure she got across what she wanted to say. I hope and Eileen Fulton comes stacked with a strong internet connection and similarly is able to speak freely. It's a shame because Alan gets so many great, rare people for these interviews, but he lacks basic knowledge of these actors careers, doesn't listen which prevents good follow up questions and shuts down anything that might be juicy.

• Members

As many gripes as I have with the theater industry itself, I have to say that theater tends to keep people sharp, more than any other dramatic performance medium. Prinz has been faithful to theater for decades, even leaving television stints, at times and it really seems like she made a wise decision there.

• Members

Prinz has never suffered any fools, including barely having any patience for the fearsome Irna Phillips. It didn't surprise me that she steamrolled Locher. It's unfortunately what most of them need to do to get a good interview out of his shows, because Locher regardless of current employment status still reps for P&G and particularly ATWT in its worst years.

Edited by Vee