Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't even know how much  Eileen is interested in more detailed interviews - this feels more like her just wanting to relive some fun old times, which is alright with me. There had been years of fan worry about her - a decade. I hope this might lead to more for Eileen and if it takes a place she felt comfortable with I can go along with it.

• Members

Knowing that the live interview was in progress, I briefly clicked on it just to see if the video and audio were okay.

What did I hear in the very first second? Alan chirping, "That's craaaaaaaaaazy."

JFC.

Please register in order to view this content

No jury would convict me, LOL.

• Members

Yea...I think Eileen can just have a camera pointed at her and she is off to the races with her stories.  Nice to see her again and of course Don too...I just wish they could bring LB in for a quick guest appearance as they were bickering away for 30 years.

• Members

Before Don left, he asked for Eileen's number, so I guess she really has been out of the loop. I do hope this can lead to more.

And yeah I'd be thrilled to see Larry. 

I do agree with the  criticisms of Alan,  and I don't think we need to pretend  he is better than he is - it's just I always end up having mixed feelings because he is pretty much the  only reason we're even seeing these people. 

• Members

Don mentioning that actors would be pulled if Irna Phillips said she didn't want to see them again, lol.

Eileen talking about Elaine Stritch and it went right over Alan's head, lol.

At the very least, Alan is respectful and is giving her space to speak.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

When I watched the interview, Eileen reminded me in certain moments of some of my aunts and my grandmother (some of whom watched ATWT) who have been gone a long time. It makes me feel emotional.

I'm glad she seemed to be enjoying the moments and while the interviewing style was very clunky, it didn't feel hurried or forced. 

Most of all I'm just glad that we got to have the goodbye with Lisa that Chris Goutman was too spiteful to let us have.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Same with me.  I'm glad Alan can arrange the interviews, but I'm sorry he's not a better conversationalist.  None of us is expecting an Oprah Winfrey or a Barbara Walters, but if he could just carry on a normal conversation, pick-up a lead and go with it, instead of bouncing back to his prepared remarks or going on some irrelevant tangent, it'd be nice.