As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

When I saw scenes a few years ago on YouTube of Susan's "open marriage" with Dan Stewart in the 70s, that told me that ATWT was not as conservative as many had made it out to be. It could be pretty risqué at times, but it was often so subtly done, it could be easy for viewers to overlook this.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No one would do an open marriage post 1979..at least none that I have seen. I like subtle..I have never been a fan of Agnes Nixon's "social relevance" stories..which Marland did a lot of also. They all seemed heavy handed "very special episode" to me.

• Members

You don't watch Y&R, do you? Marland was still relatively subtle compared to Y&R's more after schoolesque type messaging. To this day, I don't know of a daytime soap that had the discipline to keep a storyline going for two solid years before the main character discovered the truth of the matter.

Whoever it is, hopefully it will draw a higher view count than most of his recent virtual reunions.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I could care less about the Locher Room but I would hate for someone to base this (perceived lack of) interest in this soap on his abysmal view counts, especially since we're now seeing popular streaming platforms start to take an interest in daytime soaps.

• Members

It's been a full year and numbers don't lie.

I do think that the Michael Damian livestream will likely do decent numbers because Damian is active on social media and will pick up the slack in promoting it. And as I posted in the Y&R classic thread, Y&R fans are likely to watch in larger numbers than ATWT fans, some of whom are not on social media at all.

• Members

For the sake of everyone that continues to have expectations, I hope it pans out, but I'm long past the point of any actual expectations where that YouTube page is concerned.

I didn't realize that the Michael Damian one has been postponed. Maybe Michael saw that view count? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I hope it's an actual get and like someone said on Twitter it's someone that is a classic star who hadn't done his show before, Guesses I've seen include Eileen Fulton, Julianne Moore, Patricia Bruder, Jon Hensley, Barbara Rodell, Peter Boynton, Marie Masters, Tamara Tunie and Annie Parisse. Then again it's probably someone like Grayson McCouch or Marie Wilson.

Michael's mother passed away so that's probably why it was postponed. 

• Members

I don’t remember interactions with Lisa and Natalie

I do remember a funny scene with Joyce and Natalie eating together  at a restaurant and they saw Nancy. I think they were laughing about Nancy’s reaction to them being teamed up     I don’t remember the details Maybe Nancy expressed her disapproval of Natalie