• P.J.

• Soapsuds

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
2 hours ago, Mitch said:

No one would do an open marriage post 1979..at least none that I have seen. I like subtle..I have never been a fan of Agnes Nixon's "social relevance" stories..which Marland did a lot of also. They all seemed heavy handed "very special episode" to me.

You don't watch Y&R, do you? Marland was still relatively subtle compared to Y&R's more after schoolesque type messaging. To this day, I don't know of a daytime soap that had the discipline to keep a storyline going for two solid years before the main character discovered the truth of the matter.

1 hour ago, Forever8 said:

Alan Locher is doing another ATWT virtual interview 

Whoever it is, hopefully it will draw a higher view count than most of his recent virtual reunions.

• Members
5 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

Yeah, hopefully.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less about the Locher Room but I would hate for someone to base this (perceived lack of) interest in this soap on his abysmal view counts, especially since we're now seeing popular streaming platforms start to take an interest in daytime soaps.

• Members
Just now, DramatistDreamer said:

Don't get me wrong, I could care less about the Locher Room but I would hate for someone to base this (perceived lack of) interest in this soap on his abysmal view counts, especially since we're now seeing popular streaming platforms start to take an interest in daytime soaps.

He does have the pull and connections to get great guests, but he doesn't after all this time feel the inclination to improve his interviewing skills AND do research.

• Members
6 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

He does have the pull and connections to get great guests, but he doesn't after all this time feel the inclination to improve his interviewing skills AND do research.

It's been a full year and numbers don't lie.

I do think that the Michael Damian livestream will likely do decent numbers because Damian is active on social media and will pick up the slack in promoting it. And as I posted in the Y&R classic thread, Y&R fans are likely to watch in larger numbers than ATWT fans, some of whom are not on social media at all.

• Members
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

You don't watch Y&R, do you? Marland was still relatively subtle compared to Y&R's more after schoolesque type messaging. To this day, I don't know of a daytime soap that had the discipline to keep a storyline going for two solid years before the main character discovered the truth of the matter.

Whoever it is, hopefully it will draw a higher view count than most of his recent virtual reunions.

I hope so... 

• Members
2 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Alan's being all mysterious. Hopefully it's a big get. Who will give a great interview. In spite of Alan.

For the sake of everyone that continues to have expectations, I hope it pans out, but I'm long past the point of any actual expectations where that YouTube page is concerned.

I didn't realize that the Michael Damian one has been postponed. Maybe Michael saw that view count? Sesame Street Idk GIF

• Members
13 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

For the sake of everyone that continues to have expectations, I hope it pans out, but I'm long past the point of any actual expectations where that YouTube page is concerned.

I didn't realize that the Michael Damian one has been postponed. Maybe Michael saw that view count? Sesame Street Idk GIF

I hope it's an actual get and like someone said on Twitter it's someone that is a classic star who hadn't done his show before, Guesses I've seen include Eileen Fulton, Julianne Moore, Patricia Bruder, Jon Hensley, Barbara Rodell, Peter Boynton, Marie Masters, Tamara Tunie and Annie Parisse. Then again it's probably someone like Grayson McCouch or Marie Wilson.

Michael's mother passed away so that's probably why it was postponed. 

• Members
23 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I just watch once in awhile. There's just something about Alan. That rubs me the wrong way. He clearly lacks the passion for what his doing.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members
12 hours ago, Mitch said:

It seems that ATWT wasn't as "conservative" as it was made out to be.

Pictures of Colson make him look pretty sexy..it didn't show up on screen? Carol was an interesting character to pair him with in terms of..she was dull as dishwater.  I can't imagine that the writers didnt see the value of Tom being like his dad and falling for a Lisa type, (which he eventually did) and Lisa being put in the position of concerned mother. Was she extremely bitchy to Natalie as the synopsis don't show that.  I know that later Lisa adopted all the wayward youth of Oakdale, especially the vixens but I don't see her being cool with her son hooking up with one. As others said they aged Tom too soon and should have had shown him as a rebellious teen, college student.

Interesting that the Dobsons killed off Jay and immediately hooked Carol up with bad boy Steve (and that whole marriage soon to be never mentioned once Betsy enters the picture.)

I don’t remember interactions with Lisa and Natalie

I do remember a funny scene with Joyce and Natalie eating together  at a restaurant and they saw Nancy. I think they were laughing about Nancy’s reaction to them being teamed up     I don’t remember the details Maybe Nancy expressed her disapproval of Natalie