• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks to saynotoursoap. I had taken breaks from ATWT at this point so I'd never seen this. While this episode reminded me of why (Lily/Holden - ugh; Linc murder - dull and depressing), it was wonderful to see so many favorites. I had no idea they'd brought Lyla back for this Christmas, and it's great to see Bianca too. Lucinda with the leather jacket is priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdDdocMMQHI

• Members

I feel like it's a "thing" to bash one's soap work, or at least diminish it, regardless of whether the era they were in was great or not. It's kinda pathetic. If I were on a soap for five years and truly thought the writing was great, I would proudly say so. And I would say so if I thought it was horrid. But I wouldn't downplay it in shame.

• Members

She did seem a little ashamed but not by some standards. I think she was on for about a year and a half, or two years, so she wasn't far off.

Here's the 2000 Christmas episode, which had worthless characters but wasn't too bad compared to later ones. I think this is the year Penny and Lyla came back, for the last time.

• Members

I didn't know Penny was in it so it was a really great surprise when she showed up. I enjoyed most of it (since I haven't seen much from this era of the show) except for the guy who stole the money and that supposed trio; the actors were OK but it all seemed so boring. And Hunt Block was annoying as hell. Not to mention how smug and punch-worthy Margo and Tom were (that is a recast Tom, correct?). Great to see Lyla, of course.

Such a shock to jump from Marland 1986 to this. All the characters, their offspring, so much history in between! Shocking to see the developments.

Edited by YRBB