Keith Hamilton Cobb comes out the closet!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh, and I love this quote

I remember reading quite a few comments in this forum around the time the Y&R actor left because his character was gay about how he had a right to not be comfortable, no one should be forced to do whatever, he had a right not to accept whatever to justify homophobia...

and they never stop to think maybe the gay actor finds kissing women cause to be queazy but does it anyway because he is a professional and this is his job.

• Members

True. Some gay actors get uncomfortable with straight kissing but most of them (at least the ones I'm aware about,there obviously are still many in the closet) don't seem to freak out about it to the extent that straight people do about same-sex scenes.That being said if an actor is very uncomfortable playing a kissing scene or a certain sexuality and than then they probably shouldn't. Although in the case of Keith it sounds like it might have had more to do with his dislike of Sydney Penny than gender.Either way he sure was good at hiding it.I saw a clip of one of their love scenes and it was pretty hot.

• Members

I always thought he was gay actually--but it was just one of those things I think that even as a teen I kinda assumed, but didn't dwell much on.

He hated Sydney Penny? Aww she's always seemed sweet to me (now I'm probably gonna hear endless rumours I wish I hadn't about her bitchy ways lol)

Still, good for him. I always find it kinda funny when these people come out, even when it's Ricky Martin obvious, how lotsa people (particularly gay guys it seems) act so cynical about it. It's still not the easiest thing to do, particularly for wannabe leading men in tv and film, and everytime someone officially comes out, IMHO, it makes it that much easier for those teens out there (and others) struggling with their sexuality, as well as helping make it that much more "normal". (I have a gay friend who's firmly int he camp of "Peopleshould no longer have to offically come out" and I get his point, but I think, like Pride Parades, it still serves a purpose that's needed).

Archived