Keith Hamilton Cobb comes out the closet!

• Members

those words were about Sydney Penny? She's not white, so I didnt think they were referring to her. I thought they were about Stafford which wouldnt surprise me considerning the other stuff thats been said about her by others who have left the show (who shall not be named)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sydney Penny is white - whatever that means anymore - Julia Santos was Latina. And please no one jump on me about the whole race vs. ethnicity thing.

I wasn't aware that "the black community" :rolleyes: had a problem with Noah/Julia, although looking back now I'm not surprised some people had a negative reaction. This is one of those times I'm grateful that I didn't know anything about backstage politics and how wretched some segments of the soap viewing audience could be. I just watched a couple I loved in a story I loved on a show I loved.

I didn't know what a dick KHC was until Andromeda.

• Members

I wonder if black women were angry at Taylor being turned into some annoying twitchy headcase in order to prop Noah/Julia. I felt like Taylor was recast almost specifically for that purpose. It was all so poorly written it pretty much guaranteed I could not have any interest in the whole supercouple thing the show was going for.

• Members

1) After seeing him on Noah's Arc, I'm not surprised at all about this.

2) I had NO idea Sydney and KHC hated each other! I love the drama (although it makes me a bit sad bc I loved Noah/Julia and I will try not to let this ruin my fond memories of them).

3) KHC is creepy in interiews and he really takes himself way too seriously, so I imagine I'd have to side with Sydney, if that even matters.

• Members

It always tires my ass out when people immediately jump to the cliched assumption that the SMG/SL feud came from Lucci being a "diva like Erica Kane." My understanding was it couldn't be further from the truth, and that SMG has always had a chip on her shoulder. The Buffy set wasn't exactly paradise by the end. But there's a lot of people out there who associate Lucci with Erica, and SMG with OMG BUFFY SO AWESOME. Yes, Buffy was awesome, and she did a wonderful job in the role. She is also a raging bitch. The one thing I will credit Sarah with is that she has always stood firmly in defense of soaps and their value to television.

As for Noah and Julia, I liked them but even then as a kid I thought the writing for "streetwise black Noah and his sudden family" was a bit embarrassing and on the nose. It was like Luke Cage, Power Man from Marvel Comics at times. By the time they hit Jamaica, however, I was sick of their asses. When they got to the soap opera fairy tale wedding with this giant bruiser with dreads trussed up for the white folks with their trappings I just thought it was bizarre. That's why I became a much bigger OLTL fan, it seemed more real, though of course OLTL had its share of fairy tale weddings.

• Members

My biggest problem with Noah and Julia, aside from the Taylor stuff, was I didn't understand why they were supposed to be sympathetic. This was a big problem I had with a number of AMC's "good" characters at this time (Maria, Edmund, Mateo, Bobby, Anita, among others). I thought Noah just came across as an ass more often than not, and the story was so tired, oh he's falsely accused and on the run.

I remember Marlena de la Croix writing about the Disney wedding happening around the same time Disney bought ABC. That was also the beginning of the homogenization of ABC soaps.

• Members

This.

I had nothing but good feelings toward Cobb and I was so happy to see him on Andromeda but after reading enough interviews with the guy, I - like the show - wrote him off as a self-important ass and this interview makes me write him off as a bitter, self-important ass. What is he doing now? That article made it sound like he was doing theatre.

I didn't make it past the first episode of Noah's Arc. Normally I can give pilots/first eps a pass but that was unendurable, I threw it on the heap with Dante's Cove.

• Members

Publicly. A woman who's had enough plastic surgery to rival Cher, yet wants the world to believe her "youthful essence" is from some $19.95 informercial face buffer doesn't strike me as a person without ego. I don't have trouble believing for a second that La Lucci had some residual issues with the fact that she was supposed to be viewed as a mother of a "23 year old" woman... no matter how much they de-aged Erica.

I don't get it. :unsure:

Archived