Keith Hamilton Cobb comes out the closet!

• Members

You say that as if KHC being a creep negates SP from being a bitch. They both could've been creepy stuck up bitches, hence their friction. WE WEREN'T IN THE HALLS OF ABC-TV 23 BACK IN 1995 SO WE DON'T KNOW!

Not everyone gets along with everyone they work with. Actors are no different. All because two people don't get along, doesn't mean one is bad and the other is good. I've had jobs where I was friends with two co-workers who couldn't stand each other. It just happens. One or the other would come up to me and be like "I hope that because you're friends with her, doesn't mean you'll stop being friends with me." I was like, "the two of you don't get along -- that's your business. I just know better than to put you two in the same room together."

I'm not saying this specifically to you, Alex. You know I :wub: you. I'm just saying, in general!

My bigger issue is... is this 'coming out' even legitimate?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never doubt SL is a diva. I also don't think that she was innocent in any conflict with SMG. However, the rumors about SMG's ugly attitude from the Buffy set are well known. SMG also burnt her bridges with Joss Whedon and David Boreanaz. After Buffy was cancelled, she pulled out of an agreement to appear on Angel which is why Whedon and Boreanaz (who reportedly had an affair with her while on Buffy) now have no use for her. SMG's movie career has tanked and she is doing tv movies now. Notice that Joss Whedon who keeps trying to help revive Eliza Dushku's flagging career through his various projects won't give SMG a second look.

As for KHC, he is a horrible actor with an ego the size of a house.

• Members

Right, I remember the stunt coordinator and her partner bitching about SMG on their Web site. I was never sure exactly what happened with SMG and Alyson Hannigan, but something went wrong between them as well.

SMG has had too many conflicts with different people in various circumstances for me to believe that she was SL's victim. SMG is clearly a nasty piece of work. However, she isn't the only one like that in Hollywood. Her problem is that her career has tanked. She isn't even D list any more. It has got to chafe her that Alyson, Kelly, David, and even Susan are working steadily while she is fighting to get work.

• Members

Even Nicholas Brendan seems to get more work...and of course now her mother is on soaps. :lol:

I think what bothered me with SMG was I felt like she gave up and that she didn't bother to hide how tired she was of the show for the last 2-3 years before it was over. One thing I admire about the old Hollywood divas was they always gave their most in every performance, because they felt they had no choice.

• Members

SMG's 'tude and rep reminds me of a close friend who is also an only female child in the biz who was raised by a single mother who led her to believe that she hung the moon. Overcompensating for daddy's absence, and boy oh boy can you create a monster if not careful. Just my two cents.

Re: what R. said, I was also questioning the validity of that interview. There were minor spelling/grammar mistakes and I guffawed when I scrolled down to the comments and someone wrote "well-written" when that was the exact OPPOSITE of what I was thinking. Oh well, who cares really.

• Members

I don't think he meant it as bad as it potentially sounds. He sounds like he was just immersed in such an alien and for him perhaps distasteful charade, that he just was sort of exasperated by the whole thing. Pretending to be a straight heartthrob so middle aged white women could fantasize over him, while being forced to act with and make out with someone he didn't want to and didn't like. He probably was thinking "why can't they just leave me alone?!?" The inclusion of white didn't sound racist to me at all, just more like him thinking "is this a joke, or what? I am in The Twilight Zone!"

He does sound a bit angry though just from those few quotes. Something about "I have never been seen with a woman...and this is still a surprise???" He could have easily added "are you kidding me?"

• Members

I can't say that I've ever picked up on this profound arrogance that others have witnessed, then again I can't even recall reading one of his interviews (save for this one). Now he did seem art school artsy and "about the work" when accepting an award or presenting one, yes. Speaking of which, there was a funny moment when SOD presented Agnes Nixon with her Editor's Award and Susan Lucci was reading a very funny/charming speech on stage. There's a shot of Agnes and Keith returning to his seat behind her, he places his hand on Agnes' shoulder and she gives his hand the side eye like, "Who is palming my shoulder..." Guess you had to be there. :P But the only real memories I have of him during his soap tenure were of those candid outside the studio shots from SOW where he was wearing some *interesting* gear which I wouldn't describe so much as "gay" but "bamma". Like mesh tanktops and stonewashed jams with elastic ankles.

• Members

I love you too, boo! ;)

You have a point... but I can't imagine it was easy for her to play his love interest when we ALL can see how creepy he was. But true, she could be a real [!@#$%^&*] herself. Maybe that's why they did nothing with her when she returned, except kill her off of course!

Archived