Dancing with the Stars: Season 11

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you 100% Carl. People are looking for political conspiracies here, but I think it has more to do with perceived attitudes and the general public's ability to relate to the stars. The hatespeak here directed at Bristol is a little ridiculous... If you hate her mother and her politics, that's one thing - but to run Bristol down BECAUSE of who her mother is, that's just terrible.

Intolerance? Oh, yeah... And I firmly believe the more some people beat that girl down, the more votes she gets week after week. There is always a price to pay when the majority get irritated... Here, they are speaking loudly...

By the way, Carl... I rarely post but more often lurk these days and followed much of your comments in the political thread. We may not always agree, but you are always thoughtful and balanced in your comments and I enjoy reading your stuff. Thanks!

• Members

Thanks. I hope you have more comments on soaps, it's always nice to hear other opinions (especially if it's in the canceled soaps section).

Yeah I think that, while there may be some shady voting going on, a lot of it is just some seeing her as an underdog, and having a tough time caring about most of the other contestants. It's telling that Kyle and Lacey managed to get to the finale when they were never one of the show's big favorite couples. That's another rejection of the show's bias.

• Members

LOL, some guy in Wisconsin actually shot up his tv after Bristol danced:

http://www.waow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13518602

I think the producers of DWTS have certain expectations or hopes when they cast the show...they not only want to cast people they think the audience will tune in for but people who have been in the news (the Gosselins and Palins of the world). But then I think the viewers behave contrary to what the producers expected. I mean, I'm sure they counted on the Hoff lasting more than a week, thinking he had the fanbase to keep him there. I do think Bristol getting this far has left a bad taste in a lot of viewers' mouths and that could backfire on the show, especially if she wins. She's by no means the first finalist to be obviously subpar to her competition (going back, Season 2's Jerry Rice wasn't even half as good as Drew Lachey, Stacy Keibler was his real competition dance-wise but Rice had the football fanbase) but Bristol's got this whole other context surrounding her that's really got nothing to with her personally that, nevertheless, gets strong reactions out of people. Guess it remains to be seen if this significantly hurts the show.

• Members

Wow, this SUCKS! First Audrina went to early, and now Brandy isn't even in the finals. :mad: I love how humble Maks was about the whole thing afterwards though.

I really hope Kyle wins the whole thing now. Can't stand Jennifer!! She thinks she got it in the bag, which she probably does. But it's just nasty to watch her behaving like this.

• Members

You're mistaking posters here to the ones on ABC who do hate her because of her mother. From what was posted here, many hated her (and I use that term loosely) because she SUCKED and she pretty much screwed over everyone who left prematurely. If anyone is considered an under dog it would be Kyle and Lacey who, with continued hard work an dedication, voters consistently embraced them. Considering this has been a very lackluster cast of celebrities this season, it speaks volumes that the voting for Monday night was the most the show ever received in the history of the show. The Tea Party was definitely a factor and politics was involved. For anyone to think otherwise is pretty naive.

http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system

• Members

So, you are saying she is disliked simply because her dancing isn't the best? THAT is a reason to "hate" someone? Surely you don't believe that subpar skills at dancing is a reason to dislike someone. And how do you figure that SHE screwed someone over (unless she, herself, engineered some sort of fraud as though she were a Chicago politician)... and by WHOSE definition do you deem other stars as leaving prematurely? If that's your opinion, I respect it... if you are stating it as fact, then I reject it. This girl wasn't responsible for the exits of other stars... unless the fix is in and ABC let her vote for herself more than five times!

I think it's a case of a pissed off majority of Americans sick and tired of being told what to do, what to think, and who to like. If you wish to connect the results so far this season to politics, I'll buy that if it is in relationship to the state of the union and the distinct dislike of the direction America has been heading the past couple of years. A large number of people are definitely making a statement above and beyond the one they made on Election Day. And this one was, in part, directed at Hollywood.

Anyway, thanks for a lively discussion, Money... Even if we don't agree, I appreciate your comments. :)

• Members

Agreed. But, to be balanced so that I don't appear partisan or pro-Palin in any way, I offer this:

That rotten bitch, Bristol! She sucks and is a terrible dancer. Plus, she looks a little fat. That she even EXISTS pisses me off! Her and her nutroots friends have destroyed DWTS - this show use to have credibility and mean something... now it's... well... it's just... I can't even say it. That's it... I need a break from it all. I'm going to watch MSNBC now for some hard news... What time is Maddow on? Oh, crap... it's the weekend...

:) J/K

• Members

Awww... that's mean! At any rate, I figured on Jennifer winning. I have never voted before, but I think I will this time... and I think I'm going to cast my five votes (plus the 283,431 additional with the nifty cheat dial-in codes the pro-conservative Hollywood producers of DWTS provided through Glenn Beck's "Republicans Rule" website).

:P

Archived