DAYS: Discussion for month of August

• Members

I so agree.

The best thing the show could do for the character of Sami now is just let her commit to Rafe, be together and happy with her, and involve her with Caroline, Stephanie, and others. Give her some kinda job, maybe as a receptionoist at the station, to involve her with others. Essentually, backburn her and give her a little bit of happiness and calmness for a few months.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

JP, I agree about Sami. She needs to make a decision in her love life and stick with it. Personally, Sami/Rafe is just OK to me but I loathe everything Sami/EJ stands for.

One of the big problems with Days right now is their insistence on having every couple as part of a triangle or quad. Stefano and Kate are the only couple that doesn't have another person as a foiler for their relationship. I understand the need for angst and problems but there are other ways to do it.

• Members

I am loving the possibilities that could arise with Rafe and Nicole. I would love if Rafe kind of fell in love, or developed feelings with Nicole in the midst of trying to seduce her. He will probably kick her to the curb at the end though, which I will really hate.

WTH, I thought Will was fine with Sami/EJ getting married, now he's all pissed...he is always changing his mind about them. DAYS is being really inconsistent with him, and I can't believe Sami didn't even mention it.

I was LMBO when Carly and Chloe both saw that nun at the same time in the bar.

• Members

Someone way back mentioned the romantic/sex music and I thought nothing of it, until today while it played during the Brady/Nicole scenes and then it dawned on me that not only have the been using this jazz cue for way too long, its way too cheesy 90s sounding and well, its too DAYS itself! Basically, its still stuck in my head.

Anyways, aside from that, Days once again has blown it. Everything that was good about last year is gone this year.

• Members

I wouldn't say everything is blown. As a Days viewer with decades of history with this show, I had abandoned it completely and wasn't willing to get back into another soap. Then Magic happened and I'm hooked again. I think it's all a matter of what speaks to you and right now I like what I see (aside from Bope - but I was bored with them decades ago).

• Members

Line of the day definitely had to go to Melanie when Daniel and Carly questioned her bruises "that's a lot of parenting at one time"...LMAO, I watched it about five times just for delivery. Seconded by the look Carly and Daniel gave each other when Mel said Nathan saved her. I really, really love this little family and can't wait until Stephanie, Philip and Chloe are taken out of their circle. I think Carly/Daniel and Melanie/Nathan with a side of Maggie/Victor will be wonderful to watch.

• Administrator

I hate watching what's happening to Hope - her 'give up' attitude. She's not even fighting, trying to get off. She could have the power of Victor Kiriakis behind her and she doesn't use it? Also, some of NT-Hope's victims will actually stand up for her. This is the aftermath that I'm suppose to enjoy?

• Members

What do you expect? She is taking responsibility for her actions, which is refreshing given how the Brady's run the police department. I hate that Bo even suggested that they try to pin it all on Baker. Hope has been saying she doesn't blame the pill exclusively. She knows the anger she has down within and thinks she should be punished even with the pills involved. She also doesn't trust herself around her daughter and hates what happened to her and the way she made her out to be a liar throughout this whole mess. I can see why she would feel that way. In fact, it would out of character and unrealistic for her to behave and feel any other way.

The show has played all the beats of this aftermath. We've seen all the victims confront her. We've seen her and everyone involved come to terms with what she did and her feeling that the pills were not the sole reason for what happened. We've seen Doug and Julie play active roles. Hell, we've even seen Hope's situation tie in with Brady's last week in their scenes together. The show's writing has improved immensely since the month started. I don't know if they locked Higley in a closet or something but, whatever they did, thank God because the show is on a hell of a roll the past few weeks.

• Members

Rafe and Nicole, OMG I LOVE them!! I feel alone in liking this pairing, so I will stand proud..and lonely...lol. I think they are hot together. I was LOL when Rafe asked Nicole if she wanted to frisk him. Just the way he said it....then at the end when she fell into his lap! Loved it! I hate that Rafe is really playing her, but I hope he ends up developing feelings for her and changes his mind!! I really do love me some Racole.

LOL @ the way Nathan saved Melanie. It was heroic and I loved it, but the way he pushed that guy...he just pushed him and ran up to Melanie without checking to make sure the guy was down! That was a little baby push, Nathan should have known that wasn't going to keep him down for long LOL.

Archived