DAYS: Discussion for month of August

• Members

Arguably - but then we have the experience of Brenda's arrival and the hiding of her face until the very end as a "surprise" even though everyone knew it was her. Now isn't that the same thing in different clothing? Fact of the matter is soap writers are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Meh.... probably, but I think the Ejami/Sydnapping has gone on for so long it's just needing to get wrapped up. Chad/Stefano should be a separate issue.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the way they revealed it was fine. Everyone knew about it (the anvils were all over the place, even for the unspoiled). Plus, it's not it's a major story and it's certainly not one TPTB probably feel many fans are interested in yet since it's been fairly predictable so far. Hell, even when this story hit a fevered pit with Madeline's death, her falling down the stairs wasn't even the end of episode cliffhanger. It was like the first scene in the last segment. I feel this is the same situation as the Carly/Melanie/Daniel family reveals this past winter. People aren't idiots. They see it coming. That story was never presented or built up as some grand reveal in waiting. Same goes here. I think this is what you call setups for the real stories. If the stories themselves were pretty much all about the reveal (like Philip and Chloe's ONS or EJ kidnapping Sydney or Nicole's baby switch), then that would milk it and handle it like JER or some other writer would've. Not saying it couldn't have been done differently but I'm not sure milking it through the whole episode and making it some grand spectacle was the way to go nor would it have made some kind of impact other then merely making Toups (JER's #1 fanboy) happy :lol: .

• Members

I agree.

Its also obvious that the Chad storyline and the victor/maggie story have plans, everything else is play by the day.

Wow, i so could not disagree more.

Revealing it at that time was far too early. Sure everyone was pretty sure that Chad was Stefanos by the time Mad died, but still nobody could be 100% sure. I seen plenty of people wondering if he will end up being Peter, Tony, or Ej's maybe. Not revealing it kept some angst for Kate and will have a bigger payoff in the end because now that she is close with Chad he will be hurt by her keeping this from him and then Stefano will be fuming over this. The story is a story for Kate/Stefano/Chad and this way gives them more drama to play in the end.

And this Every secret thing, no, no, no. I love it when the soaps do something outside the norm and reveal [!@#$%^&*] mid episode and kill people and play big beats on tues, wed, thurs. Not everything big needs to happen at the end of the episode on a friday. Esp when Friday is the lowest rated soap day.

• Members

She died on a Tuesday, pretty much in the episode's second segment. That didn't ruin the impact.

To me, it all depends on the context. Some things you have no choice but to save for the end (especially if they are a secret a whole story has built up) and some things you can pick and choose. Much like Melanie being Carly's daughter, I didn't feel like Chad being Stefano's son qualified as some big "tour de force" moment that required end of episode or Friday cliffhanger status. Now, if it's something like when Nicole got exposed or something than that is a bit different, at least to me.

• Members

Actually I'm becoming more impressed with the plans that the Days writers do have - suddenly this Philip/Chloe/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Carly/Daniel story seems to be going some place, and of course they'll have Maggie and Victor involved. wub.gif

Bope seems to have wound down their story, as has EJami and I for one couldn't be happier about that.

The others are starting their build. I think someone is awake at the switch and treating this like a big tapestry rather than a slap-happy focus on the same people ALL THE TIME (Yes Guza, love you but you could learn a lot from Days integration).

• Members

I havent mentioned this but the girl who plays Sierra sucks. She is one of those kids thats cute until she opens her mouth and the one that should be seen, not heard. She talks like a monotone robot and not a natural or good little actress. Too bad she's been featured as prominently in this story as she has.

• Members

Well judging from Stephanie's reaction to the results at the end, Philip is the dad! smile.gif Couldn't be happier!

EJ/Sami/Rafe will never end, How dare I hope DAYS go somewhere with Nicole/Rafe. The ending to this story is so predictable! I guess I am looking forward to both Sami and EJ's reactions, when Rafe reveals all.

She's horrible but just as much adorable LOL! I have to agree...she is just not good at all. Monotonous robot is definitely the perfect way to put it. She looks a lot like Bo and Hope, though.

• Members

No! I think she's hilarious! I love when they put her and Theo in scenes. I close my eyes and pretend they're a completely insane duo of supervillains. "Mommy took my treasures! "TREASURES?!"

(Yes, she's terribly unnatural. But I love unintentional comedy. And she's a very cute kid.)

• Administrator

LMAO! I can totally picture that in my head. Even though they're not very good young actors, both Theo and Ciara are adorable together - future supercouple!

Next week should be kick ass with the Sami/EJ wedding. It's too bad more people aren't there. If this was the 90's, almost half the town would be there....*sigh* Why can't it be like that anymore. :(

• Members

Honestly, i am shocked at where it is going.

No spoilers, if you wanna know a simple google search will tell ya, but create a thread if you wanna talk about it. its big. I am actually not big on anything more than basic tv info spoilers, but nbc effed up and posted [!@#$%^&*] from sept the other day and then took it down, but i seen it before it was taken down.

Archived