DAYS: Discussion for month of August

• Members

the show is trying to potray it as her taknig responsibility but all I see is a never ending pity party with everyone rushing to her side to help poor Hope. We know she isnt being sent away to prison so hearing her go on and on about wanting to go there makes it all seem meaningless

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That has always been the case with Hope anyway - she's well propped but she's always been the "damsel". It's just a short leap from Damsel to Martyr, and it doesn't take much for the Martyr to sound whiney and unsympathetic.

• Members

Enjoyed today's episode Sami/Ari, Brady/Sami, Rafe/Nicole, and the Hope sentencing. I can't wait to see Ari face when she learn it was Nicole and Baker not Hope. Adrienne needs more to do. Give her lover or have secret she is keeping from Justin to why they are not together. Today felt like a final episode for Alfonso.

• Members

Sarcophagus???? Really Viv.

Check your history, baby - a Greek/Latin girl being buried in an Egyptian rite?

Victor has GOT to be seeing through that one, and I can't wait until it plays out fully.

(and as a total aside, how many ways can Victor tell Maggie he is falling in love with her without using the actual words? wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif)

• Members

OMG I love Rafe and Nicole. They are AMAZING. It really saddens me that this all isn't real, and Rafe is just faking it! They were really convincing and I really saw the sparks fly sad.gif ugh to everything.

Will treats Chad as if he is his boyfriend! Just the way he was talking on and on to Kate and Stefano about how Chad is ignoring him and his calls, how he wants to be there for Chad and is sad about him being alone... and later when Chad arrived at the Brady pub Will told him that he left tons of messages and was worried...he even asked Chad if he wanted to go to a movie some time LOL!!

Loved the Kate/Lexie scenes...

• Administrator

Of course it should have! LOL I was like, "WHAT!?" Not because of the revelation, but how it was revealed. It was a freakin flashback in the middle of an episode? That's horrible writing. Even if we all knew it, you don't reveal a secret so casually. You still have to write it, present it, in a big way.

• Members

My take-away from that is actually how much Kate has grown to care about both Chad and Stefano. Those were very interesting questions she asked of Lexi.

I actually like it when shows have planned out a story enough that they do pre-tape something that significant. it was only stage one in the revelation anyway. We as an audience now know. There is still Chad, WIll, Stefano and the rest of the DiMeras to find out. This is far from over.

• Administrator

But why not show that flashback, as a real scene weeks ago, before Maddie's death? It's a Friday episode, and all throughout the episode they hint at the secret...and the very last line uttered by Kate, "Stefano can never find out Chad is his son." There's dramatic music.....slow zoom on Kate......cut to Maddie and slow zoom on her....cut back to Kate.....Fade to black. And there's your Friday cliffhanger. It's all about presentation. You're writing a soap opera! Make it soap opera-ish! Man, I so want to help outline these episodes out during weekly layouts. LOL!! :lol:

• Administrator

Yes it still counts! LOL Yes it was obvious, but you can't assume everyone knows. Even if you think everyone knows, you still have to present it as a cliffhanger because it is a secret. And it was the first time it's revealed on screen, so you have to play it up. You can't be lazy and just go, "Oh everyone knows....it's so obvious....so let's just reveal like it's nothing in the middle of the episode...in a flashback." Every secret should be revealed at the end of an episode, or the beginning of the episode after you tease it as the cliffhanger in the previous episode.

• Members

Even though his writing was out there, I can imagine JER (RIP) having a big engagement party for Sami and EJ or even the reception and Chad is there to give Will support and Nicole is there covering the event per EJ and hands the disc to the dj and plays the shocking news of Sydney's kidnapping as EJ and Sami dance the first dance. Later or before, Kate having one of her many talks to herself on the terrece and Stefano overhears everything and have a fit that send him into outrage and have a heart attack and as Lexie or Carly (idk why I want carly in this orbit) are working on him he slowly repeat :"Chad is my son" as everyone is shocked! Boy would that be awesome!

Archived