DAYS: Discussion for month of August

• Members

But Phillip could be simply lying. He is Kiriakis, he could be saying the right things to appease Chloe and at the same time take action to prevent the bad outcome. I´m not sure if he really loves Melanie so much, but he certainly doesn´t want lose her to Nathan and he seems to have no intention to reunite with Chloe. He could have a child with Mel on his own very soon, so maybe he is not so interested in paying aliments and doing weekly visits.

And Carly and Chloe became something like a friends lately. She could see first hand how much Chloe regrets what happened and how much Daniel loves her. And she was nearly caught in many of the lies she helped Chloe with, so she is not just unconcerned observer anymore, she has a lot to lose as well. Her relationship with Mel is finally on a good terms and she and Daniel are good friends as well. Even when she doesn´t know who is the guy Chloe slept with, Mel would never forgive her how much she hurt Daniel. Maybe she finally realized one little lie is better than make so many people miserable.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the way around, Daniel makes the best choice. Carly/Chloe will never see it coming, Melanie will discover that her father is trying to protect her heart ('cause he's sweet that way), Victor can rest assured that Danny isn't the village idiot after all, and fans in general will be able to applaud that someone really is 'home' at Dr. Dan's.

And.... best of all. When we have Bope shoved down our throats again and Carly is single, she and Dan can come together as people who both tried to protect those they love. Daniel won't be a "lied to" party in this one.

• Members

Really, nobody but sami/ej/stefano/kate/will should have been at Samis wedding.

It would be so odd and fake if anyone else was there, as if they were only there to see this revelation, and there is no need for them to see that. Who would it be? Caroline & Roman? I am sorry, they are relevant and matter how? All we would get is a o told you so lecture from them. As for everyone else, ari/gabi/chad/etc are not even sami or ej's friends and as for brady, he would never go and support sami in this, esp when hes a drunk.

It was what it should have been. I do like big over the top soapy revelations, when they fit. it just didnt fit here. I would love it if on Victor & Maggies first big offical date, if we ever get there lol, they showed up somewhere where everyone was so the town could gossip about maggie for a change, lol.

Days is very, very slowly turning around. I actually am really into this carly/daniel/chloe/philip/mel/nate/steph thing. sami/rafe/ej is about to turn around, maggie/victor/vivian is great, drunk brady is fun, my only issue is just hope and ari sucking really. lol.

• Administrator

In today's episode, Daniel said he did it to make Chloe happy. We're not seeing real emotions here. Dude finds out that his fiance is pregnant with someone else's kid and all he can think about is Chloe's happiness? Huh? Same thing with Melanie (if she did it) - she finds out her husband is having a kid with her dad's fiance and yet she's all "everything's fine." Where's the anger? With Carly, she's Daniel's friend, who has said since day 1 that if the baby is Philip's, she will tell Daniel. But now she changes her mind. And also as a friend, she would let him raise someone else's kid? Also, there's the technological issue. What we saw in the back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back scenes yesterday means they switched the paternity results at the same time? It's not possible for all 5 of them to think that they switched. 4 of them would've had the same thing happened to Stephanie - they would've saw that someone switched it before they did. And again, the dialogue and scenes that I watched for the past couple of months doesn't match the motivations of each other switching the results. There has been no subtext or hint of them thinking that. It seems like this "Who Dun It?" came out of nowhere and was put together so quickly and that's why it rings false to me. It was probably one of Corday's mandate to change things up.

• Members

Obviously not all of them tried to change the results at the same time as not all of them even know about it. Chloe and Melanie shouldnt even be of consideration considering they had no access to do that. Really its between Philip and Carly

• Members

Everything about Daniel/Chloe/Melanie/Philip/Carly is just confusing to me so I'm just going to forget about it and wait to see what happens LOL! I do suddenly find all of them, including Nathan and Stephanie, very interesting now! This story has really taken a turn, there's an element of excitement to it all now...

Nathan was acting just a little mysterious, am I seeing things?? What was the point of that little 10 second scene with Stephanie sleeping on his shoulder and he had that mystique look on his face? Also that scene where that hot doctor (she was really hot lol) was flirting with him at the hospital earlier?? He seemed like he was hiding something. That's just what I thought, could be totally off base LOL...

Sami/EJ/Rafe wasn't bad

• Members

Saw the switch coming a mile away but I think it's inventive & a fresh spin on the Who's ur daddy? tale. Frankly, IMO, it's the most innovative spin on a paternity storyline since Sheila spinning Ridge & Eric's samples for Bridget's test & nobody really knowing if the results were right (they weren't). I'm more than willing to let this play out before I make judgement. But I DEFINITELY don't think this twist was thrown together- they've clearly been building to something like this for months. Why else would they rope in so many characters and have so many couples' happiness depend on the results of this test? I'm just glad the constant tennis game that has been Carly & Chloe actually is turning into something pretty good.

• Members

It definitely wasn't thrown together at the last minute. I realize whipping TPTB at any soap is the most acceptable form of prejudice we have today, but they aren't stupid people. Add in the fact that this was taped at least 2 months ago, long before any reaction was gathered from the fans, and you can see that there is a very definite plan there.

Every single "suspect" has means, motive and opportunity. Do they have cause or know they have cause? That's the real question.

• Members

One thing I like about DAYS right now is that, while some stories do drag on and some seem downright boring, the payoffs to all of them lately have been fantastic and I really like that they're playing most of the beats of the fallout. This Sami/EJ/Rafe/Nicole/Brady stuff is hot today.

• Administrator

Oh everyone saw the switch coming a mile away and yes I do agree that the idea of a "Who Dun It?" paternity switch is pretty good. My complaint is about the logistics of this storyline - how it differs from what the characters have been doing/saying for the past couple of months.

• Administrator

It's killing me too but in a good way. I approve of how this is being stretched out....it's slowly being revealed. It reminds me a lot Reilly stretching out episodes. :)

So Vivian wants to bury Maggie alive? I don't mind the idea of redoing 'buried alive' but the emotional connection is not there with Vivian/Maggie like it was with Vivian/Carly. There's just no depth with Vivian/Maggie. If they're doing a Reilly storyline, why not ask me to consult. :P:lol:

Archived