DAYS: Discussion for month of August

• Members

Ariana STFU! I really cant stand her. She really annoyed me when she threw her 2 cents in regarding Luis and Gwen, Rafe and Nicole

Julie, STFU as well! Im sick of how she keeps blaming Bo for everything thats gone wrong in Hope's life

I love how Hope, calls Doug, Daddy. Its very endearing.

I do hate how Stefano keeps calling Kate, Katherine. Her name is Kate old man!

Why does Stephano hate Chad? Is it really bc of his parents bc thats weak bc like Will said, his mom is dead and his father pretty much abandoned him

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It's a pretty weak conflict. I don't even think Stefano dislikes Chad and vice-versa. There's no huge hatred between them. I don't understand why Kate would keep this secret. Lexie's paternity secret in 1996 was much better. I understood why Celeste wanted to keep it a secret. And another layer was Lexie was the wife of the police commander. This storyline is like, "What's the big deal?" "What's the urgency?"

• Administrator

Why shouldn't she have give her 2 cents though? It made sense that she would react to her brother hooking up with someone she hates. It wouldn't make sense if she didn't say anything. Is she suppose to be happy about it? No.

• Administrator

Nope. Chad doesn't really know Stefano and Stefano doesn't really no Chad. There's no prior conflict between them. There's no reason for them to hate each other - I'm pretty sure they don't. And there's no conflict between Stefano and Chad's dad either, so there's no extra layer there.

Ah, so it's a personal thing and not a character thing. LOL

• Members

He doesn't hate him and the show has never suggested as such. They even had Stefano sympathize and talk nicely to him after Madeline's death. He just wants Chad as far away from all things Dimera and all things and people connected to the Dimera's. It's been explained a few times in scenes that Stefano still worries that Chad may find out something about his and Kate's connection to Madeline and the Senator's murder. With Madeline gone, he's not sure if Madeline left anything behind and he also recognizes that Chad can get a hold of Madeline's safety deposit box. He just thinks the further away from Chad they stay, the better. Plus, in his scenes with Will, Stefano explained he just doesn't want the son of the DA around given he's Stefano Dimera and we all know he's involved in shady dealings. He just doesn't trust Chad and that has been explained numerous times.

I do think they may eventually set them up to hate each other. I think they want Stefano to favor Will more then Chad by the time it comes out that Chad is Stefano's son.

• Administrator

So are we suppose to think that one of them (Melanie/Philip/Daniel/Chloe) changed the paternity results? :unsure: That doesn't make any sense.

I've been waiting for a long time to see EJ go down for kidnapping Sydney, but when Rafe interrupted the wedding, I wasn't that excited. I didn't feel the atmosphere or the build up to revelation. I also with there were more guests there - the room was so empty. Something big like this should happen in front of a lot of people.

• Members

Well, Philip and Carly make sense as suspects but the others not so much, although Daniel was acting strange so who knows. But no way on Chloe or Melanie.

As for the amount of guests, who else should be there? Sami doesn't have any friends and the Dimera's are hated. Roman didn't even want to be there because he despises what Sami is doing and Caroline does as well so who else should be there? Lexie is there. Will is there. The kids, Stefano, and Kate are there. There is no one else LOL. I would agree normally with you on this issue but it makes no sense character-wise or story-wise for anyone else to be there, especially given it's a rushed wedding anyway.

• Administrator

They do? Philip has been saying all along that he'll be there for Chloe if he's the father. And Carly has been saying all along that if the baby is Philip's, she'll tell the truth. It wouldn't be in Carly's character to now all of a sudden change the test results. And Philip looks like a major douche for intentionally let Dan raise his kid because he wants to save his ass. Basically, it goes against what they've been preaching for these past couple of months.

Arianna - she's become friends with EJ.

Gabi - Will's guest.

Caroline - Sami's grandmother. Sure she's not happy about it but Sami could've asked her to come.

Brady - same thing with Caroline. Brady/Arianna could be a subplot to the wedding.

Abe - Lexie's husband

Chad - someone he gets invited by Will. (another subplot to the wedding)

Just get people to the wedding for whatever reason. Have a big show. Stupid ass budget makes the show look so bad. They can't even make a revelation at a wedding exciting, and a revelation at a wedding is one of the most exciting things in soaps.

Not to me. What a lame "Who Dun It?" mystery.

• Members

The paternity switch stuff confused the heck out of me! I think the best and smartest choice would be Daniel...he was acting so weird, why?? I would love if it turns out to be him, because then it would turn out he wasn't as stupid as he has been acting! If it is him, I wonder how and when he found out??

Definitely don't think it's Melanie...to me it seemed like she was just applying for that job at that hospital, or?? I don't know, but I just don't see it being her. She doesn't seem to be mad at Phlip in any way. And Carly...seriously why would she change the results, she's been rambling on and on about how she would tell the truth, if the baby turned out to be Philips. I agree with Toups about both Carly and Philip, I don't understand how it could be either one of them.

Final thought, I think it's Daniel or Chloe who switched the results. Hoping it's Daniel. Chloe would be huge letdown, IMO. Anyone else, and I'll need a huge explanation as to why!

Will and Kate owned that wedding LOL! Loved Will especially, he was hilarious! When Roman busted into the wedding and interrupted, I thought it was so stupid....I was just focusing on Will's smiling face the whole time, haha. And when Rafe busted in, I was like....oh wow this is exciting..not. lol, it didn't have much of an impact, IMO!

I was LOL when Nicole told Rafe that Sami would leave him for a box of Popcorn, WTH?? LOL!!

• Members

In other words, come up with bunch of plot driven reasons to come to the wedding (even if those people aren't needed there for the reveal). That's dumb. This isn't like, for example, the Kristen reveal. Everyone who was there had a reason to be there and you had someone like John Black getting married so, naturally, people would show up.

In this case, you have two people who aren't liked by anyone outside of their families. Roman and Caroline wanted no part of this. Why would Caroline come? It would be like making a statement that she doesn't like it but it's ok for Sami to marry him. That is why Roman really didn't want to stay but did because he was kind of stuck after trying to stop it. Not to mention the wedding is last minute and Sami noted she didn't want to deal with people trying to talk her out of it.

Arianna and Gabi have no reason to be there. Arianna wasn't exactly comfortable once she learned from EJ that he was marrying Sami. Would she and Gabi really go there given Sami's history with their brother? And forcing Chad into there makes no sense either.

Brady is walking around drunk and angry at everyone and he and Arianna are through so why would he be there and why would he and Arianna be a subplot? Besides, Brady just ripped Sami a new one last week about marrying EJ. It makes no sense for him to be there.

The only one I can see is Abe but who cares? Seriously, he hates the Dimera's and probably wouldn't support the idea of Sami marrying EJ either.

You don't just do something for the sake of doing something. I like big, grand reveals too but there is no reason to have the people you mentioned there. None. If the show did some of what you suggested, it would come off forced and just as many people would be complaining as to why they were there. They had enough people there and everyone who was there made sense.

Big reveals are still big and, let's face it, this story was clearly rushed to an end in response to the ratings so expecting it to be as big as some of the more historic soap reveals is something that one shouldn't have done because your merely setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't think the budget had anything to do with this instance at all so I wouldn't blame that.

Whatever the case, you want what you used to get from soaps. I get it. I gave that dream up around 2003 :lol: . That is why I'm able to enjoy and tolerate much more of what the soaps dish out unlike you and so many others. :lol:

• Members

How does this not make sense? He'd change it bc he doesnt want Melanie to find out he cheated on her. Regardless of what he may have said to Chloe, he does love his wife and that may trump being a father to Chloe's kid, especialyl since Melanie recently suggested wanting to have kids with him. As far as Carly goes, ell I thought it wouldnt be in her character to be helping Chloe and lying as she has, so changing it to spare Daniel and Melanie pain seems like something she might do

Anyways, I think Carly or Philip did it. I dont see how Melanie or Chloe could have acces from their home computer and neither has hacker skills. That wouldnt make sense. I really dont buy that Daniel knows Chloe cheated and is hiding it

Speaking of which, what did Stephanie do for Ian, that she kept referencing? Was he on the show before?

Roman barging in to arrest Sami without even faking trumped up charges...dumb as hell.

Archived