ALL: Soap stars and social media

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't apologize sweetie! I love seeing what happens when SON posters start canoeing down their streams of consciousness!

I'm willing to bet your friends wouldn't ask. Most people understand how FB works. Also you can create a separate list for the people you don't want to admit friending.

Tim Stickney is one of the coolest people alive, on or off the net. That's all.

• Members

Did he say why? He's always been very friendly with me.. he even comments on my status and my photo albums. But then wev'e emailed back and forth occasionally for 11 years now. Did any of you see Dickson's facebook when she still had it up? FUN TO THE MAX. She typed everything in all caps, always spelled "delete", "Delite". got all our names turned around. We posted photos and videos for her, you never knew which ones she liked, and which ones she wouldn't. I posted a publicity shot from the early 70's, and she didn't like that one, but I posted a still from the movie she did, smoking a bong, and she LOVED it. She made comments such as "Where is my key light"? and "they kept wiping my makeup off and pushing my hair down!" when we put up pics or videos of Jill in the 70's. Then she's blast her soon to be ex husband and all THAT drama. Entertainment extrodainaire.

• Members

What kind of sci-fi does Tim like? You have made me curious. He would be excellent on Fringe and True Blood. Eureka is another choice. He can be Henry or Allison's brother. Oh, Caprica is another show that he can join.

• Members

I'm well aware of Farah's antics but what did I miss about Brandon Buddy? Was it his tweeting about not renewing his contract and then claiming that he had been hacked or is there something else too?

Nancy Lee Grahn can be entertaining but I think she gets to be a bit preachy at times. She seems to rant more often than anything else. While I respect her political view sometimes I just want to hear about something else.

Lexi Ainsworth really takes a lot of time to answer questions to her fans. Sometimes she is on there for hours.

• Members

Martha Byrne is really chill on Facebook. She interacts and updates people without causing trouble and makes a real effort to reply. I heard that quite a few people loved Lesli's board when it was up :rolleyes: lol but we all got so busy and it's rarely frequented anymore.

NLG totally bitched out James Franco so I liked her for that. Ali Sweeney is a twitter goddess in a mostly good way too, generally interesting.

but there's a fine line between using your online presence to keep in touch and update your fans and using it as an instrument to whore yourself and your projects out to the world.

Loved Crystal on GL and Venice is half-decent but CC needs to go to twitter rehab for a few weeks before she lezzes it up with half the free world.

• Members

NLG is an annoying bitch. Ill never forget when she tweeted she would never do anything degrading like Snooki on Jersey shore for money and eveyrone started to flood her with videos of her as dobson on GH and other redic things she has done.

Also, i am all for actors and everyone having their views and voiding them, but NLG tries to force feed to people and refuses to let anyone have a different view than hers.

As for her bitching out Franco on twitter, it woulda helped if Franco himself was really on twitter. Or if he really was, cared what such an irrelevant shrew thought.

Anyways, Ali Sweeney always uses her fb/twitter/etc to promote what project shes doing, however, nbc asked her to tweet and prob pays her to do so. SO i would too, lol. I like how she interacts with her fans tho and also tweets other things besides her jobs. She always trys to stay in the middle and not take a side with her fanbases, and with those insane ejami fans i give her credit.

CC is annoying, she tweets alot, however shes interacting with her fans so whatever. I just dont follow her.

Molly Burnett, Casey D, and mark Hapka twitter masters.

• Members

That's what I meant - Ali is able to be really neutral and natural, but I remember years ago when she was posting on her own board before a lot of other stars were... she had some site on this fan-site network that had Alyssa Milano and Ari Zuker and what not, that's going back quite a while, I remember when I posted on McKenzie Westmore's board when I was young and soap-uninformed and thought anything to do with Passions was remotely impressive - Jesus Christ, that was about 10 years ago now... where does the time go? I digress. There's no problem with updating people on what you're doing as long as you aren't shamelessly promoting it and putting yourself out too far.

• Members

He said this:

http://rutube.ru/tracks/2771809.html?v=889edf548e4104c33611cb12a8073489

Yay for Russian youtube, RUTUBE bahahaha

and she responded:

... movie star/pretentious/douche bag.....aanndd scene!

about 22 hours ago from web

@NancyLeeGrahn Dear James Franco...re SNL...Call me...better yet, meet me in the Port Charles Alley!!!!

about 22 hours ago

"Everyone says it's a step backwards, my family, my agent, the other actors on General Hospital" James Franco SNL... "uncool" nancyleegrahn

intention not 2 rile anyone..however when someone insults my friends/ co workers/family i think a rebuttal is equitable.

IMO he was being a douchebag, but he probably didn't care what she thought at any rate so it worked both ways and in the end was pretty moot.

Thanks! SF and SF are both awesome :)

• Members

Yeah but if any of the soap stars trashed their show they'd get kicked out pretty quickly. Franco can essentially humiliate the cast and crew and NLG calls him out on it, and she caught a lot of [!@#$%^&*]. Check out some of the opinion posts around the time it happened, a lot of people were all like omg how could she do that.

Nothing sticks to movie stars in comparison to the rest of the normals... hence why Ahnold is governor of a state he can't even pronounce and ran it into the ground... *cough* Ronald Reagan *cough*... if you're a movie star you are essentially teflon when you're competing with others - UNLESS you do something wrong in your personal life, then everyone comes out to judge you. They'll take your side over less-important people but don't screw up in the court of public opinion or you're out.

Archived