ALL: Soap stars and social media

• Members

LOL! I made an account solely for the purpose of reading tweets. I've made a total of two tweets, and they were completely fake (I created an alter ego for when I don't want to reeeeally join sites - it's dorkily fun). But if not for that account, I'd miss out on fun, fluffy drama.

And Brandon Beemer...god. I could read his tweets all day. I used to think he was dead behind the eyes, but he's got some life in him, that one.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neither here nor there, but your avatar gave me a nightmare the past week--as a kid I was PETRIFIED of Lady whatshername on Mr Rodgers--I had to hide whenever she was on screen, and I hadn't thought of her till I realized I had a bad dream with her this past week. And only now has it hit me why ;)

• Members

Thom Bierdz turn down my friends request. He sent a nice note but [!@#$%^&*] him!! Not a fan anymore. But I did get Van Hansis as a friend on Facebook which I thought would be harder to get.

Of course TC is whoring away on Facebook....lol

I do Twitter but kind of got bored with it. I do follow CZP twitter. I like to keep updated with what she is up to now that ATWT is done taping.

• Members

Hey Eric, wake up toots! So I hear you're afraid of me...

Lady+Elaine+(14).JPG

It's amazing, when you Google Image Lady Elaine Fairchilde (<-do NOT sleep on the 'e') there are a million celebrity lookalike pics, anyone from Barry Manilow and Quentin Tarantino to Barbara Corcoran and Grayson Hall:

http://ladyelainefairchilde.blogspot.com/2009/02/coming-to-theatre-inside-you.html

• Members

Ohhhhkaaaay, this thread took a bit of a detour, but I'm not complaining. However I want to give props to two other actors for how they use social media. First, Michael Easton, regardless of the fanbase garbage, he's always been very responsive to his fans. I give him serious credit for the occasional Q&A he does on his website. He's answered a number of questions from me that had nothing to do with the show. He even helped me settle a bet with another fanfic writer! Now that's going above and beyond. He also helped me out when I was struggling with a particularly difficult stretch of writer's block. I'm forever in his debt for that.

Second, Tim Stickney (ex-RJ, OLTL). He doesn't discuss OLTL at all but dude is a SERIOUS sci-fi fan. I've always said I wanted to see an RJ return but after being on TDS's page I'd rather see him join a show like Fringe or True Blood. I think both Astrid (Fringe) and Lafayette (TB) would benefit.

Third, I know I mentioned this before but Sarah Brown is a Facebook queen. I like actors who aren't afraid to share their politics and causes. Thanks to her I was able to help a co-worker who was diagnosed with celiac disease.

• Members

Sorry :(

The thing I hate about stars on Facebook is that most of them keep their stuff "private" so that they can get more friends/fans, which I'm 100% okay with...I would just hate having to explain to my close friends who all these people are lol. I was thisclose to adding CZP, but I knew my BFF would think I'm a dork for adding a soap opera star. Barbara is family, darn it!

Archived