GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they consciously knew that they had to make Carly milder and more soft with the recast, because Sarah Brown was so popular in the role, so for people to gradually like the recast, they had to whitewash the character and turn her into some one-note tragic heroine (which did start to work eventually).

• Members

I think that's why I got so excited when Laura Wright first started out as Carly, because we finally got to see her do something other than obey Sonny or be some tragic heroine.

The problem is that "bitch" is the only thing Laura Wright can play. And not very effectively.

I'd never want Tamara Braun back as Carly, but Laura Wright isn't doing it for me. I think the best thing for the character at this point is death or once-a-month/once-a-week appearances.

• Members

That episode was boring as hell. Nothing happened. It worked as a clip show to highlight Sonny and Brenda's relationship but fails as a stand alone epsiode without the story and the context behind it. I thought they were going to air the previous episode where Sonny actually stands her up. That would have been more entertaining

• Members

They should have aired the broken wedding to Sonny where it rains.

They already aired the broken wedding to Jax, and will air the business arranged comedy wedding to Jason, so why not stick with the wedding theme in the Sonny episode?

I guess they just wanted viewers to see some classic flashbacks between Brenda and Sonny...

Archived