July 12-16, 2010

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the ratings sucks but seeing AMC keep steady and gaining from the past year puts a smile on my face.

Demos are important but so are actually gaining overall viewers which AMC seems to be doing and keeping steady. Yay AMC!

• Members

And it's keeping steady in its (admittedly low) demos whereas others seem to be falling. I think, as marceline called, while not cause for celebration, its a good sign. AMC's writing has been consistant as of late and it seems to... well sorta be paying off. It just makes me happy whenever I see it above GH ;)

• Members

GOOD FOR AMC. #3 in the Total Viewers.

Also holding steady in the demos.

Like I said the difference between OLTL and AMC in the demos are not much. Only 24k. Not so much.

BTW: Good to see Y&R/B&B/AMC/GH and even ATWT gain from last year.

• Members

Not so good week for GH and OLTL, but I think they will bounce back. ABC changes up week to week. What happened to Days?

On that note, I go with the flow with my soaps but OLTL need to get rid of the Family Ford soon. It's too much too soon.

• Members

I don't think they are worrying about that. Come September it will be a moot point and I don't see them moving B&B or Y&R from where they are now. I'd be interested to see what Y&R would do if they moved it from that midday spot.

• Members

Even though the ABC soaps ratings suck, they still make more than ATWT. They pull in better demos, are owned by the network, and have Soapnet (for now). They are about to cut 20 episodes off all the soaps, so that should stave off cancellation for awhile. Just because CBS no longer saw value in ATWT, doesnt mean ABC should go off and cancel the soaps that they own and still make money off of. All 3 shows make them more of a profit, then whatever CBS was getting from ATWT.

Archived