July 12-16, 2010

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It looks like OLTL had an awful week! They aren't even in the top 5 of 18-49 demo. They probably dropped to a .8. OUCH! It looks like CBS demos went up but it looks like their total viewers are down from last week. GH went down too. It looks like a bad week for NBC and ABC.

Days lost almost 300,000 viewers from last week too!

Umm...theres no way OLTL stayed at 1.8 and their demo was below 1.0...the ABC press release came out....they dont even mention AMC or OLTL....I can see OLTL going down to a 1.6 again this week!

• Members

July 22, 2010

Fringe Ratings Report: ABC Daytime Programming – Week of July 12, 2010

ABC is Daytime’s No. 1 Network With Women 18-49,

Extending Streak to 13 Straight Weeks

“The View” Posts Its Best Delivery in More Than 3 Months

in Women 18-34 and More Than 2 Months in Women 18-49

ABC Delivers 2 of Daytime’s Top 3 Programs in Both Key Women

ABC Daytime

• ABC ranked as Daytime’s No. 1 network with Women 18-49 (1.1 rating/703,000), marking the net’s 13th consecutive weekly win.

• “The View” hit a 14-week high in Women 18-34 (0.8 rating/282,000) and a 9-week high in Women 18-49 (1.2 rating/818,000) – since the weeks of 4/5/10 and 5/10/10, respectively.

• In Women 18-34, ABC aired 2 of Daytime’s Top 3 programs: General Hospital” (No. 2 – 0.9 rating/291,000) and “The View” (No. 3T – 0.8 rating/282,000).
        • [*]In Women 18-49, ABC claimed 2 of the week’s Top 3 Daytime programs: The View” (No. 2T – 1.2 rating/818,000) and “General Hospital” (No. 2T – 1.2 rating/768,000).

Following are the Daytime Lineup averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks – Week of July 12, 2010:

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)

No. 1 CBS 3.53 million No. 1 ABC 1.1/703,000

No. 2 ABC 2.68 million No. 2 CBS 1.1/697,000

No. 3 NBC 2.39 million No. 3 NBC 0.9/600,000

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating)

Program Net Rtg/000s

The Young & the Restless CBS 1.7/1.14 million

The View ABC 1.2/818,000

General Hospital ABC 1.2/768,000

Bold & the Beautiful CBS 1.1/724,000

Price is Right CBS 1.0/658,000

• Members

I couldn't argue with either move at this point. They certainly haven't brought ratings up in the long-term.

Vivian may have her entertaining moments but her stories have been ridiculous and her return thus far has been almost completely pointless.

As for Crystal Chappell, she is featured surprisingly little in the TV ads and magazine coverage, her airtime has been drastically reduced over the last few months, she's stuck playing annoying spoiler to Daniel/Chloe, and Bo & Hope are clearly on their way back together. It seems to me like Carly's being phased out of story with no new avenues opening up. I would've expected to see her growing closer with Daniel or some other guy as a back-up for when she loses Bo but that just doesn't seem to be happening. CC's return as Carly has been almost as big a bust as GT's return to Kelly on OLTL and for the exact same reasons. The characters they both went back to where far less interesting than the ones they each played on Guiding Light so they aren't being challenged as actors and their return stories were both ridiculous and ultimately pointless, causing most viewers to not even care that they were back.

The only way I could see Vivian and Carly being viable and having compelling story is if Lawrence is alive and returns.

• Members

There is absolutely no way I would fire Louise and Crystal over some of the actors on Days. Daniel and Chloe have lead most of the summer and look at the ratings. I would fire the writers for putting higher caliber actors in crappy storylines.

I do hope OLTL does ok, I actually am enjoying the show much more than GH.

• Members

Yeah, but they also had airtime the previous week and the show was up in HHs and 18-49's. These week-to-week fluctuations are totally random and really don't mean much IMO. You can't just how well a show is doing ratings-wise on a week-by-week basis. You have to look at patterns over the course of a few months. The show that's really trended down over the past few months has been Days. They've dropped pretty precipitously since early spring.

• Members

I don't really follow the show, but wasn't that umbrella baby switch story essentially involving the whole cast from last year the thing that really got their ratings moving? That's what seems to work for them. Are they doing that now, or are the stories more islanded?

• Members

They are trying to do that with a story involving Chloe not knowing who the father of her baby is, but the story stucks and has been moving at a snail's pace.

As for Higley, if she can't get the ratings up by November sweeps, Corday will fire her. Didn't he say he is already trying to negotiate a renewal for DAYS? If Higley can't prove herself, he will bring in someone else to try and save it.

Archived