Y&R: Week of July 12 Discussion Thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that's really the problem for me. I guess they did an okay job setting this up (although, as usual, I felt the actual, um, "deed" was rushed and totally lacking in dramatic impact), but I feel like Papa Bell would've loved it more if Chance had called a halt before anything serious had happened. Not that I'm the biggest Chance/John Driscoll fan but I think Bell, at least, would've sensed the real goldmine was in Chance and Heather's passion going unfulfilled.

• Members

This just proves again what a pathetic waste of oxygen Billy is as a character. The show has to tear down others to make him look better. They have tried this over and over and over, weakening various male characters to remind us of what a stud Chompers Tangman is.

• Members

Another of the many problems with Y&R is that everybody is now the same(indeterminate) age. Billy is married to Victoria,who should be much older(she was teen before he was born).He was married to Chloe who is presented as the same age as Chance.Chloe was married to Cane who is supposed to be the same age as Phillip yet interacts with Lily and Amber.Then there's Heather who should be much older getting it on with Billy and Chance as well as Adam,who should be way younger etc etc

• Members

Oh wow. Talk about a lack of chemistry you have with Chance and Heather. I can't get over how unsexy she is, lol. I actually do kinda enjoy Chloe with Kevin, but more as friends. He's such a draining character in a romantic relationship.

The stuff with Cricket's return is working so far. She still has chemistry with Doug Davidson and Tricia Cast. Christine was best in the 90s. Those great 90s characters, Dru, Brad, Neil, Nina, Christine, Danny, Paul, etc. were such an amazing age group that are much missed. BTW, I know they aren't exclusively 90s characters, but I feel like that was their peak.

• Members

Billy NEVER pretended to be anything other than what he is: A PIG!!!! Chance spoonfed Chloe (and the audience) a kind of purity that seemed to only exist in fairy tales. And he berated and belittled Billy every step of the way for his indecent behavior towards women. Now Chance decides to drop his panties for a woman who throws him a couple of compliments? Did he forget that he was engaged to be married to ANOTHER woman? Hypocrite!

• Members

Other than work-related issues, Billy has not been in Chance and Chloe's orbit for a while now. He's been firmly planted in Victoria's orbit. Billy even told Chloe at one point that he thought Chance was good for her. I simply do not embrace the notion that Chance was turned into a cheat in order to prop Billy.

Archived