United States of Tara

EricMontreal22

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I liked about this show was how tehy made DID a non issue. The only exposure Ive had to it was from the soaps, most notably OLTL and the person was always downright crazy and psychotic. It was always treated as a problem/ In season 1, Tara was a functioning DID person. She was in sync with her personalities and they worked together. That was quite a different take from the usual dramatic portrayal

• Members

This show is amazing. I sort of feel that even if they get past the DID issues, I think the issues residing within the family itself would be good enough to watch play out on screen IMO.

Amello I totally forgot about Gene and him taking the picture. Kate's stories have been schizo this season, going from one plot to another. I hope this new story with her isn't short lived like the rest.

• Members

Michael, I agree, but I can't see Showtime being happy with them continuing without the DID "gimmick". Amello, I'm glad to hear that but it makes me all the more curious about next year.

Sylph, on Showtime's Tara board the gossip is Saloway IS back--I guess she left last Fall (after writing several scripts, including the finale, for this season) but her project never went to full pilot stage. I'm glad--and it's not quite like Alexa--she was never a show runner, just one of the writers.

I don't get your Warum comment. :cry:

Agreed and this is the kinda thing I'd hope could be improved if the show became an hour... Though I know it won't--often it feels like we get the key plot points but not the stuff in between.

• Members

HA! I find her dialogue sometimes a bit too forced (in a Joss Whedon, someone who I generally like a lot, type way). I remember the pilot of Tara has a really obscure throwaway line referencing Small Wonder, that I doubt 80% of the audience would get (kinda sad that I did). Which is fine, but it didn't even seem in character. Still, she keeps her dialogue largely reigned in...

Archived