United States of Tara

EricMontreal22

• Members

I couldn't find a thread for this last season or this season. Am I the only one here watching? It's not a perfect show, I've had probs with both seasons, but despite that i'm really enjoying this year (I think it's only gotten better with Craig Wright now on as one of the main writers)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally love this show.

I can watch Seth Gabel do anything. I wish he was sticking around long term. I've loved him ever since Nip / Tuck.

The only major gripe I have this season is the show practically pretending that Kate's story last year never happened? WTF?

• Members

I've been so bored this season I literally forgot to keep watching about 4 weeks ago. Glad others are still enjoying it though.

I feel the same about Nurse Jackie which never should have gone to a second season and airs on Movie Central with Tara.

• Members

Funny, I'm very mixed on Diablo (though I love Jill Soloway--from SFUnder--who I guess is essentially Diablo's co show runner, with Diablo's movie work taking her time), and that's one reason it took me a while to try the show, as much as I love Toni Colette. Then last Fall when I was recovering from my surgery for so long, it was one of the shows I decided to download--and I watched I think season one in one day (6 hours, 12 episodes). As Amello says the short length makes it really easy to catch up (though I am starting to wish it was an hour--some stories and characters I think deserve more time than 25 mins a week allows...)

Sylph, shame on you for not sharing the Toni love (though, Muriel's Wedding aside I wasn't a fan till I saw her on Broadway in the musical Wild Party--just an amazing performance).

Amello, apparently when Jill S brought in Craig Wright as a writer it was because of him Seth Gabel got cast (the DSM connection I guess). I also love him, and was so pleased to see him show up--I don't think we've seen the last of him.

(Jill Soloway apparently might not be back as co show runner next year as she's been offered to create her own show for JJ Abrams--I kinda hope it's not picked up so she returns, she seems to be even more important to the show than Diablo).

Amello, I can't quite remember--what part of Kate's story have they forgotten?

(Oh and in this week's episode--just one comment. Do any N American cities actually have gay cruising parks that are QUITE that open and obvious, in the daytime? LOL Me and my friends I watched with all found that a bit much lol)

I *am* a bit worried about a third season, I think maybe they should end it there or change the focus--how much longer can Tara search out her childhood secret that could be the key to her DID and let it continue?

• Members

Her whole story from last season has been disregarded, it seems. On the preview of the first episode of season two which showed what happened last season, her whole story was never mentioned. Not to mention, the season ended with a cliffhanger when Gene took that picture of Kate from the refrigerator. The whole first season they were kind of building for Gene's obsession of her and there was a lot of talk that maybe he would rape or attempt to assault her or SOMETHING! But now, not once has he even been referenced. Hate it.

• Members

I think it's become hard to stretch the concept out, though I still have really enjoyed this season. One thing I was disappointed in is, while I love Marshall's storylines for the most part, last year part of the whole point seemed to be that him being gay was such a non issue. This year it's become such an issue (though I think the recent stuff with him feeling out of sorts cuz some think he's not "gay" enough is interesting).

Amello--that poem is epic!

Archived