Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Robyn Ross! That's her name. I just did a quick FB search on her, and she's looking good! She has Fifteen in her "television" section too, so I bet she wouldn't mind answering questions about it. Wikipedia says they taped the second half of the run in Florida, which makes sense considering Nickelodeon was making Universal their home base around that time (I sooo miss those days). It was produced half-and-half by Nick and a Canadian company, too, so they probably wanted some home field control with it.

• Members

Good to know! Duh, why didn't I just look it up!? :wacko::lol: They should put it online! I would love to watch it again. I was very sad when my Brooke left and they brought on a new lesser bitch and her boy bitch brother.

L.D. is an acquired taste, indeed, bless her. She has some serious ups and downs.

When you finish you should watch the Degrassi reunion on YouTube (Caitlin and Lucy are noticeably absent), and you can see Stephanie Kay "today" (okay, ten years ago, but...).

• Members

Fifteen was a hoot, a real treat every Sunday afternoon after church. These were the days when over on The Family Channel you'd find shows like Big Brother Jake and Maniac Mansion on Sundays too, and Sunday Night Fox was awesome as well but I'm REALLY starting to digress...

Stephanie and Voula both left the show on their own accord, and admittedly to their regret, back in the Jr. High years.

I really couldn't believe that Caitlin and Lucy weren't at the reunion, I hope they weren't trying to distance themselves from the show at the time and that they were legitimately busy because everyone and their brother was on that damn panel. Including Maya :wub: of wheelchair fame who can actually walk (though in braces) in real life.

I'm forgetting his name at the moment, but there's the lightskinned/biracial dude who has the student gov't position that Voula wants but Stephanie Kay gives to Joey. This guy was on TKODS as Billy, really cute little kid, his little brother on there goes on to play Scooter in this series. At any rate, he murdered someone IRL and is in jail now. I know, terrible.

I love the episode where Caitlin has a crush on her teacher who everyone thinks is a lesbian. Can we all say, "AHEAD OF ITS TIME"??

• Members

Kathleen is HATE but she gets her little redemption s/l.

Aww, poor Yick Yu! :lol: Yes indeed, we totally made note of the Hazel Muslim thing when we watched. Yick appears in TNG a couple of times. The actor is a crew member on TNG, Silick Sanaysanasay (sp???) or something like that. He has a literal blink and you missed it appearance in a TNG ep where they're having a bbq. I wonder if the full scene was cut because you see him from the back in a long shot and he has no lines.

• Members

Is it wrong that I felt for Steph when she had that mini-breakdown in the girls room? I actually really like her, such a shame she didn't continue on with the show.

Wheels' accent is so weird.

Also, never in my history as an Ontario, Canadian did I ever have an exam in elementary school. Here, we have schools going from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8. Then high school is from Grade 9 - 12 (used to be 13, then OAC for that one weird as year.) Weirdness.

• Members

You're from Ontario? Are you close to Toronto? Amello, I don't know what my deal is, but I have this weird fascination with Canada. :lol: I've tried to "examine" it, and I think it all boils down to the fact that I am intrigued by this bizarre idea in my head that Canada is Bizarro USA. I know that sounds really ignorant, but it's just so interesting to me that our language and our cultures are pretty much the same save for a national divide. I'm assuming that the southern most parts of Canada are a lot like the northern most parts of the U.S. I have burdened our dear EricMontreal with the same convo. My dad vacationed in Canada a lot in his teens and twenties and I really want to go. My lady (the other half of SFK) and I are forever planning a fall trip up north. I want to go to Toronto and Montreal. And then I have my bougie pal who skis in Whistler, I'll have to work on the West coast all in due time. ^_^ At any rate, we want to visit the actual Degrassi high and the Degrassi Grocery store while we're up there, though we have since discovered that the store's been converted to a condo. -_-

I'd love to do some theatre/TV work up there too though I'd have to investigate the union rules.

• Members

Stephanie was a bitch to her little bro, though a lot of girls especially go through an awkward period of proving themselves to no one in paricular but themselves at that age. Don't like it, but can understand it. The really crazy thing when you think about it is that she could have gone on to be the "Caitlin" of the series had she stuck around and had her Rachel Cory-esque redemption and become a sympathetic heroine.