OLTL: Discussion for the week May 10

• Members

It's been done to death, but actually Carl, a "Buchanan Bunch" fantasy sequence would crack me up. Erika Slezak in bellbottoms and a Carol flip wig ("Hi Mike!"), JVD in a Mike perm wig, Natalie hitting Jess in the nose with a football, Roxie or Dorian as Alice, Cole as Tiger...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I thought that was one of the better performances I've heard from her. I think the secret is that the song can't be SO sleepy that it's a complete bore and it can't be too loud, rockin' and twangy. This was somewhere in the middle.

• Members

Of all the catty, black-hearted and uncalled-for things to say.... And I suppose hanging out with you would be like an afternoon with the members of the Algonquin Round Table? For someone who is always quick to point out whenever you think others are bashing you, you sure do a lot of it yourself, honey.

• Members

I'd tell you to do the same where DAYS is concerned, except, according to you, you don't watch DAYS anymore since Ken Corday fired Deidre Hall & Drake Hogestyn (and, to hear you tell it, brought eternal damnation upon himself and his show in the process). But that doesn't stop you from bitching about how dreadful the show is these days, now does it?

So, now that you've baited enough people on this board, why don't we both do the others a favor, STFU and let everyone get back to the business-at-hand: talking - positively and negatively - about today's show.

• Members

This is how I feel about it all.

There were positive points like KDP singing. And, the montage. But, it's still like saying 'There's a plane crash. It looks like everyone died.' But, then you crawl through the wreckage and find a few survivors.

There's more negative than positive.

OLTL has changed. For the worst. All soaps have for that matter. They are trying to cater to a generation who have no interest in watching them. Especially OLTL. The ratings are so low because, even though they are trying to draw in the teens. The teens don't like it. And, the majority of the adult viewers don't either. And, think it's a joke. Therefore. The ones with Neilsen boxes are turning the show off. Long time viewers are literally being alienated.

The ratings last week were lower than a show that has already been canceled. That is *bleeping* pathetic. And, I can only guess that they will be lower next week and the week after.

Don't the writers and crew realize that one September comes and ATWT goes dark. That OLTL will be the lowest rated soap? Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if they even give a damn. And, if I do either. (any other viewers agree with that statement?)

You know. I really wish OLTL would just shape up or ship out.

• Members

What's even sillier about this is. I grew up watching soaps. When I was a teen they didn't do stuff like this to draw my attention. I watched for the stories of the adult characters.

Teen storylines always bored the crap out of me. I was like 15 when they had that silly Aaron, Lucy, and Allison storyline going on on ATWT. It was such a drag. I would have much rather seen James Stenback going after Barbara or something.

But, even that looks good after what OLTL pulled today.

Archived