OLTL: Discussion for the week May 10

• Members

Most of guys are hating it, but I am LOVING this.

It's so cheesy yet fun, my fave has to be Our Lips are Sealed, and the song Brody sung. The only other one I am looking forward to is Layla, Starr, and Langston singing Battlefield.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the musical too. The scene at Roxie's was the best and Brody (althoug the whites are over the top). Glad someone is getting up in skanky Langston's face. What a class A idiot she is! Family scenes were nice too. Even trotted out the Evans and Riveras. Blair's singing is too cocktail lounge for me.

• Members

It would, but it'd have to be w/ Judith Light and Brynn Thayer as Karen and Jenny, respectively. Even then, I doubt JL would ever return for another, long-term stint. Limited run (where she more-or-less introduces audiences to her offspring)? Sure. Permanent return? No.

• Members

Even that would be worth it. It would certainly give a jolt to longstanding characters like Viki.

Of course the way the soap press is now, Judith would probably be trashed for daring to have the same initials as Jessica Leccia...

• Members

Mark Lawson has so much going for him but there is something just missing. He is clearly handsome and cuts a romantic figure in his uniform but there is no spark. Watching him sing you could see he was trying to be earnest, but then I think of Ewan McGregor singing in a similar mood on Moulin Rouge and how he was bringing so much joy and life to his face from being in love, and Mark Lawson just didn't have that going on. As a singer his voice sounds a little sharp to me. I don't think this was the type of song he is probably best suited for.

The kids jumping around singing that song was nonsense.

Archived