OLTL: Discussion for the week May 10

• Members

I like Matt in the role--he is low key but I think it stands out compared to the other actors, and that's not his fault. And as Carl says he's the only one who even remotely acts/looks his age.

Nothing wrong with Nate?? He's been, if anything, baiting Matthew. I don't mind--it's a story point that I think is relatively realistic on this show, but...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Eddie Alderson improved mightily in the last two years. He's now maybe the best young male actor in his age range on the show, except possibly Jason Tam. Extremely natural. And I really like him with Kelley Missal but the story is dumb and Nate needs to hit on girls his own age, at Llanview U. I don't care about Nate's old ass.

• Members

Nope.  I've never liked him.  Not even when he was a small child.  He's wooden as hell.  Beyond that, no child actor on a soap should stay in the role for longer than five years.  When Matthew entered high school, they should have recast with a more mature looking actor.

• Members

To me, Matthew "happened" when he suddenly became a rebellious prick to his parents a couple of years ago. That was the best thing that could have ever happened for the actor and the character. Before that, he always reminded me of one of the unseen children who provided voices for Charlie Brown specials.

• Members

Every time I see the promo for the musical, I honestly feel embarrassed for the actors and the show. The cheesy plotline, the karaoke, Kidz Bop-esque songs, the strange dancing and costumes... :unsure: It's just an absolutely horrible idea that comes off as forced and amateur.

I haven't watched OLTL live since January or so - how long have they had the current bumpers? They look nice. I certainly prefer those to AMC's lazy fix to their outdated bumpers.

• Members

Matthew was annoying as a kid, old before his time. Eddie Alderson did a great job with the paralysis story. Now he does appear wooden. don't think he's up to teen heartthrob at all. The show probably noticed which is why they brought in Nate who has far more chemistry with Dani. Although I agree she's been overplayed and the confllict with Todd feels overwhiney and endless. As for Eddie, he reminds me a bit of a young Matt Damon. I think he has alot of potential as an actor once he matures more.

• Members

Did they really just have Shaun say, "If you don't know, you betta aksomebody"? :rolleyes:

Carlotta looks like she should be hosting some Saturday afternoon PBS cooking show, she's so Martha Stewart polished now. ^_^

Archived