OLTL: Discussion for the week May 10

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here! She walked out looking like Romy and/or Michelle and then Tea got all choked up I was like, "Oh, wait, I guess we're having a moment here? :unsure: " The Tea stuff is sad though, where oh where are they gonna go with this..

• Members

I think he's doing a decent job in the role. The role is worthless now. It's all about propping Danielle, who, in spite of endless push by the show, still cannot even read one line without it crashing to the floor. She drags everyone down, just like her father.

• Members

Such is the problem for many young actors, I think, who cannot transition into young adult and adult roles. Of course, I thought he came across as stiff and wooden (and maybe even a little "slow") even when he was a child. That's why I always referred to Matthew as a "paste-eater."

• Members

LOL! I like Matthew, he reminds me of the actors who played Viki's boys when they were transitioning from child actors to teens, all decent young performers. Really, nothing should surprise us in this business, but I have a feeling they wouldn't replace him as long as he was still interested in being on the show. They'd "respectfully" write the character off for several months and perhaps decide to bring him back and "take him in a new direction", again, "respectfully" running it by Eddie first a la Clint Ritchie.

• Members

Given the poor casting for most of the younger roles on the show, I can't imagine who they'd pick if they dumped him. Nate looks 25, and it adds a bizarre undertone to most of his scenes with Dani, for me. Something tells me they'd also go that route with Matthew.

I think the problem is Dani more than anything else. Before she was forced onto everyone, Matthew's story was pretty good, and he had interesting relationships with his parents, Destiny, Asa.

Archived