DAYS: Discussion for the month of May

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve Mosko: “We were in contract negotiation with ["The Young and the Restless" star] Eric Braden and there was some disagreement over it — and the show’s fans were up in arms. Some people were kind of getting angry with me. I had death threats based on not getting the Eric Braden deal done.

Wow. I realize many watch Y&R solely for EB, but...wow.

Nevertheless, I'm concerned as to what kind of message this sends to all rabid fanbases out there. Certain individuals sent death threats to Mosko, and whether or not that had a hand in the final outcome, in those numb-skulls' minds, they probably consider their "mission" accomplished. So the next time it looks as if a "name" actor is about to exit his or her soap, will their fans do the same (...or worse)?

I never thought I'd say this, but...it's just a soap opera.

• Members

Aw, why not? I loved Celeste! What was so bad about her? :P LOL

Wow that is awesome, you are going to be in an episode of the show??! That show rocks, and inspired me to get my first tat last year (with parents permission, of course) ;-). A tat that I now regret, though <_<. ugh

• Members

I liked her, but shes pointless and doesnt fit in this days.

yeah im gonna be on the show, i think. ima ctually getting a ribbon flowing through it with my great grandmas name and dob/dod cuz she raised me and is why i have watched days my entire life.

• Members

Even though not much is going on, I'm enjoying just watching, which is solid in and of itself.

Will might be right, but that being said Sami needs to backhand that kid. Love Ali but the over-exposed, take-the-backseat to everyone Sami isn't becoming. And how did she quadruple her brood in the past like 3 years? Jesus... she's been relegated to baby factory. Um on another note, why is Sami even occupying the same space as the man that put her mother through hell and made his mission to destroy her entire family? Or are we to assume Marlena never existed :P. As Roman would say: WHAT DA HELL SHAMI

LOVE Jessica Tuck. Can someone fill me in on her deal with Kate? What's happening there?

Ethan and Theresa 2.0 are dreadful. Keep Eric Martsolf, dump LH. Having Luis as her brother isn't helping matters. When you're ripping off Passions, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Will and Chad are SOOO GAY - not that there's anything wrong with that - and if DAYS wants to try to make a relationship à la Kish, let's hope they have the balls to stick it out (unlikely). Could be really good for this show if they do it right.

Calliope's return was dreadful.

Waiting patiently for June!

• Members

I just....have no words about this show now all of a sudden. Totally understand why there's NO discussion about it. Nothing to even talk about really...sigh

Yeah I guess I see what you mean when you say "this days". I really cannot see her on the show with how it is right now...LOL. She just would not fit in. Maybe if JER was still writing, and the show gave Lexie a real storyline.

Wow that is great of you to do that for your Grandma! If you are going to be on the show and find out an air date, tell us B)

• Members

I don't even remember seeing him in the ep, LOL.

I agree, he is useless. Has been for years, ...don't see anything changing. I wish they would get him back involved with Kate, or even Anna.

ETA: OMG, Hope mugged him in Tuesday's ep, I just remembered. I seriously forgot! Wow LOL... what I'm not getting is how Hope can take sleeping pills, not fall asleep at all, and just wake up in the middle of the night and roam the streets of Salem, just in time to mug the towns most known men. And then the next day she's just up and ready, showing no signs of tiredness or anything lol...lame. It would be different if someone was poisoning her and making her act like that or something, but...don't see DAYS going there.

• Members

The Hope stuff is confusing me, too, and I'm only up to 05/08 ep. Seriously, how is it she's popping sleeping pills, and not sleeping?! Unless it's some weird form of a sleep disorder or something. It's like her conscious self is sleeping, but her subconscious is wide awake, out mugging men, and branding them. Strange.

And what's the deal with Kate and Madeline? They have that old photo, which means this is all based on history, but is their secret based in history, or something they're making up?

Yeah, that's true, she would be pointless. Although, I wasn't thinking about the psychic, I-see-dead-people Celeste, but the Celeste from 2000-2002, who managed to be interesting without being a supernatural prop.

• Members

I am new to the forum, but an old days fan since I can remember- but I will admit that I had not watched Days in a very long time. I can't stand half of the cast. I was so excited when they brought Anna back- but it was for that ridiculous flashback to Stefano's parents thing. What a waste.

I didn't realize she was still sticking around or I would have tuned in. And then they killed Tony. then they brought back Vivian! Love her!!! I feel like they are wasting her though, as they did Anna.

I finally decided to come back to see Calliope's return- I have been hoping for that for decades! I wish it wasn't temporary. I don't like why she's back. I wish they give Anna back her spine and Calliope could be her side kick again.

I can't stand the new "youth" of Salem. Melanie is so irritating- and not in that good way that Nicole is. They have such great characters like Nicole, Sami, Vivian, Anna, Victor, Maggie- and I feel like they are being wasted.

Sorry if I'm being a downer, but I was so excited to see some of my favorites come back, yet so disappointed with the stories.

I'm going to give it some time to see if I can warm up to it again- but I fear that they will kill off everyone I like before they are done.

• Members

I am loving Arianna being framed for Roman's mugging, lol!! That's really mean, but I can't help it LOL

Caroline sighting!!!!!

LOL @ Hope! Even though I just don't get it, I love her! When she knocked out Roman, she just had no remorse, she just looked like she was enjoying herself, LOL..

I have to mention the shows lighting again....omg absolutely atrocious. That pinkish marmalade, super purple look is NAUSEATING. It was in full throttle during the Cheatin' Heart bar scenes. And DAYS must use mega mega watt ultra bright lights on it's sets, everything is so bright in every scene! Poor DAYS actors. I notice these little white rings around the characters. Any day now, we are going to witness someone melt to molten lava before our eyes! It is mainly what i focus on while I watch the show!!

Archived