DAYS: Discussion for the month of May

• Members

I am LOVING her. I do not get this hate.

She is exactly how she was in the 80's, from what i can tell. And thats fine. Thats what i wanted. LOL. If she were sticking around i couldnt take it, but i am enjoying this.

Right, i forgot that on soaps you are only allowed to have one love. Thats it. I forgot your not allowed to move on and leave the past in the past. And realy, they are supposed to be together NOW that Shawn is dead? Oh yeah, that love Caroline had for Victor sure is strong, huh. No, sorry. They are exes who enver got an ending, not the love of eachothers lives. Furthermore, i cant see Caroline getting with Victor after what he put Stephanie through. Days delt with Caroline & Victor. Its not over because it never began. To be honest, it was a plot point way back in the day. End of story.

So why are you watching?

Exactly.

I get why some fans hate it, i get why some love it. I get why new people may love or hate it. However, lets not forget that the days of the 90's and beyond was NOT the days of the 80.s Furthermore, that wasnt the days of the 70'. There was a days of our loves before a brady, before marlena. Roman, marlena, john, patch, kayla, jack, sami, tony, stefano etc were all newbies at one point who ate the show. Sure they were connected to a family, but the bradys were a newer family. Marlena wasnt connected really to anyone. They also tossed the Hortons aside decades ago. Its the business of soaps.

There are people who HATED days in the 90's who are loving it now just as some are hating it. It doesnt matter, it cant really be argued because its all subject to personal taste. I know for me personally the worst days has ever been was during Hogans run. I loved days in 2009, that to me was the best its been since 1994.

Everyone is never going to happy with the show at the same time. But i will never understand wishing it cancelled and beind rude and nasty to those who enjoy it. If you hate it, turn it off. If you want it axed, walk away. (Kenny, im not talking to you right here, really. I am just making a general statement)

I personally am far from loving days right now. i think its boring and redundant. That said, i am enjoying the little things. The family and friendship scenes. I am LOVING Victor & Maggie, Stefano & Kate & Will, and i cant wait for the tribute to Alice. Its been better, its been worse.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont think its simply sleeping pills that are doing it.

Yes. however she has always been needy and desperate, unable to take care of herself. Where is a vat of acid when i need it?

I am happy for Taylor. She is staring on a new ABC Family sitcom, Melissa & Joey. ABC Fam sure does love former soap actors. Ashley Benson (ex-Abby) Will be on pretty little liars this summer too.

• Members

I loved her on DAYS as Abby..... she looked so similar to Melissa Reeves, and she could act! Loved her on Eastwick, and also on that Fab Five Texas Cheerleader Scandal movie LOL....I so want her to come back to DAYS, I would be ecstatic. Probably won't happen anytime soon since she has that Pilot, but I still have hope.

• Members

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBJbHranLaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBJbHranLaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBJbHranLaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

the cast is all really good. A bunch of random people. Holly Marie Combs (Charmed), Laura Lieghton (Melrose), Chad Lowe, Ashley Hale (Priviliged), Ashley Benson, girl who was Kendra on Buffy... the list goes on of the randoms in this. Its a total rip off of Gossip Girl. Do i care? Nope. Love stupid teen drama about pretty rich people with issues. lol. And ABC Family has really good dramas to be honest.

• Members

Thanks for sharing the clip, yeah I'm definitely going to watch for Ashley Benson, and this is a pretty good cast. I like shows like this to, LOL

I thought the SAME thing!! That's what she left for last time, then she just had to come back, now she wants to do it again, oh but this time in New York..lol..

• Members

Frankly, I think that you think that the only thing wrong with DAYS these days is that Dee and Drake aren't on it; and while DAYS has some problems right now, their absence is actually the least of them.

Obviously, because they share a son (Bo), Victor and Caroline will always be tethered to each other emotionally - and in a way, it's that history of thwarted, star-crossed love which makes their relationship, such as it is, all the better. I think actually pairing them again romantically would almost ruin that dynamic.

OTOH, pairing Caroline with a truly repentant Stefano could provide a ton of emotional fireworks for the Brady and DiMera families.

• Members

Well i think they are a perfect example of whats right with the show.

Here are two vets who never had much interaction before. They have had more time together in the past 6 months or so due to Philip & Melanie. Victor cared for Maggie at the wedding as she just lost mickey, then when Philip moved in with Maggie (to help Melanie help take care of her) Victor started to stop by. The two had long talks ab out life and relationships and what hes done wrong and how he just wants a relationship with his son. They have become friends. She knows hes with Viv for the wrong reasons and thinks he deserves better, despite all the wrong he has done. Its a touching, sweet, innocent friendship.

Alone, they further prove what Days has done right. History. In the past two years these characters have been used more than in over a deace, maybe two. They brought up her losing her child when Sami lost Grace. They hinted at her drinking when Mickey died. They have used her history in current storylines. Same for Victor, esp his history with Caroline. Really in that steph.phil storyline more than anything, and Caroline told Victor she could never be with him, it would never work. And after what he put her grandchild through, it was over.

To try and say these are example of whats wrong with days... i just dont get it. I could if one day they were just [!@#$%^&*] and in love, but it isnt even a romantic storyline. They are not thinking of eachother like that, yet anyways. No longing looks or dreams or anything. Its a friendship. And Friendship is lacking on soaps, so to see this one has been fantastic.

But you wouldnt know any of this as you have now admited to not watching the show. So your judging it based of random scenes and comments. Good to know.

• Members

Yep.

And LOL AT Will telling Sami it wasn't cool to be hanging out with his mom, when he was just hanging out with his grandma. :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't see the last segment, but it's over for Calliope right? She needs to go, she's been grating my nerves this entire time.

• Administrator

I hope it's the last we've seen of her!

[Calliope]Iiiitt wasn't faaaaate....it was......Iiiiii caaan't tellll you.[/Calliope] :wacko:

This "build up" with Anna is so bad. I'm not even excited about Rafe eventually finding out about EJ.

The only bright moment in today's ep was little Johnny being cute: "Do I still have chocolate on my face?" LOL

Archived