DAYS: Discussion for the month of May

• Members

Here's my take on why things fell apart.

1-Arianne Zuker goes on maternity leave.

2-Frances Reid dies.

3-Sweeps timing was off.

What's happening now with the Baby Switch storyline reaching its conclusion should have happened in February and what happened between Vivian/Carly/Melanie should be happening now. The didn't properly build up Carly shooting Melanie, it could have been a BIG storyline, but it wasn't.

Vivian and Victor's wedding should be fun, but that's all it is, fun, a storyline beat. They really need to give Louise Sorel and Lauren Koslow something to do, they're being wasted!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I have a few questions since I've began watching, again.

Gotta say, it's quite jarring switching from OLTL to Days, as the shoddy production values really hit you, but I'll get over that. Yep, the show is slow and kinda boring, but at least it gives me a chance to get to know all the newbies. Also, was Chloe always this annoying?

Anyway, those questions:

1 - What's going on with Hope? How did Carly come between Bope?

2 - Does Abe & Lexie ever get a story? What do they do? And what happened to the story about Theo being autistic?

3 - Why did Carly kill Lawrence?

4 - What brought Stefano and Kate together? The last time I was watching, these two shared a past, but barely shared a scene.

5 - I really wish they'd bring back Celeste. Does anyone think she'd work well, considering she has a family, shares a past with Stefano, and didn't she use to be involved with Vivian, during the days of her and Ivan? Wouldn't she be a good springboard to Vivian's craziness?

And Daniel & Chloe don't seem to have much chemistry together.

• Members

1. She didnt. They feel apart on their own. Hope left Bo and Carly came to town needing Bo, her exs, help. They feel back for eachother and Hope is delisional and somehow thinks her marriage ending is because of Carly and not her own selfish actions.

2. No. Nothing. Who knows.

3. He was abusive and crazy. He said he was going to go off her daughter so she whacked him. hes always been abusive and angry tho.

4. She needed his help to get off on a murder charge. He helped in exchange for her marrying him. They really like eachother now and have a long history.

5. No. God, no.

• Members

I should have added an again before the full stop.

What I fear is that there is a threshold after which there is no coming back. So far, it was able to jump up and down, but when it reaches a certain new low, I don't think a recovery is possible.

None of that is helped by the angry fans who want Marlena back or whatever... :rolleyes: In the end, she'll probably come back with everybody else and just kill it.

• Members

DAYS is unlike any other soap, it's survived when nobody thought it would. It's fans come back, every single time. Will there be a point when it can't survive? Of course, but that's true of every show, nothing lasts forever.

The angry Marlena fans are pathetic. I'd rather DAYS die than have her back to kill it.

• Members

Marlena will not help anything. Hell, the ratings went up right after she left.

The show just needs to realize what its fans want. Good, soapy, OTT drama with a payoff.

i.e. The baby swap.

Id be perfectly fine if it had ended this nov actually, with sami getting her baby back. But im also a rather sane person and dont forsee myself trying to protest a network or bully another one into picking it up. when its over its over, thanks for the memories.

In other i am a crazy fan news, i am going to be LA Ink this fall getting the days of our lives hourglass on my leg. 8x10. But no "Days of our lives" as im not that crazy, lol.

• Members

I know, its massive. LOL. It goes from below my knee to above my ankle and half way around. But go big or go home.

I love tats. After that im getting the las vegas strip as a leg piece on my other leg and the hollywood hills as a back piece.

• Members

In regards to the talk about Days getting another renewal, I will just echo what JP said. All Days needs is a big umbrella storyline with a secret that will affect alot of people on canvas. Of course a Will/Chad secret romance could do this, but it would never happen. lol

Days has proved time and time again that fans will come back if its good.

Marlena, John, and whoever else is NOT needed.

Guest dc cubs

I agree Days is boring right now and deserves these ratings. I hope Jack, Eric and DaytimeFan are right that Days will bring back in the audience. My concern is if Days can tell decent stories for 6 months of the year than why not try and deliver all year long. They are taking a big risk in banking on all these lost viewers coming back in the fall and winter to try and get another renewal.

• Members

The biggest problem of DAYS and just any soaps except Y/R is they´re operating so close to exstintion there is no margin for error anymore. It´s one mistake and you are out kind of deal and let´s be honest, writing is a creative process, there simply have to be errors soon or later, not even Shakespeare was always right. DAYS is lucky NBC already renew them, but if they don´t make a right choice of what story they want to be the leading one for fall and winter the cancelation will be almost inevitable because noway they can promiss NBC to lower the budget yet again. It´s already as cheapest as possible.

Archived