DAYS: Discussion for the month of May

• Members

I bet I said that because that is exactly how I see LK. She is great and always is selling the scene. I have never seen a single episode where Koslow was awful; I don't think it is even possible. She won't be brilliant, she won't be ultra realistic, but she will always make sure the audience gets the point. Maybe she belonged on a show like Dynasty instead of Deborah Adair.

Realism is great, but not always what is called for. Realism for the sake of realism sort runs counter to the OTT melodrama one looks for on a soap. CC, I don't even know why people cited her as a great actress to be honest. She is just there, muted and dead-eyed, reciting her lines the way one might recite a list of food you want to buy from the meats counter at Whole Foods.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was you! I had to find it in the threads, but it was there!

Exactly right, Koslow sells her scenes, every last one of them. You said that in every closeup you can see the gears cranking in Kate's head, that's what I love about Lauren Koslow, you *get the point* of what she's doing. You can sort of luxuriate in the obviousness. She has fun and appears to enjoy herself. I think that's tremendous. She's fabulous.

Viva la Koslow!

• Members

Please no. I don't want Hope and Bo working out any issues. Bo moved on. It is over. Hope needs to move on and find herself a new man. I hate that soaps won't let couples break up and have new romances.

• Members

I admit, usually I hate it too. But when the new romances suck, then I just think they should work it out. I'm a BOPE fan, but I could totally deal with them splitting if it was written better. Bo has been acting like a prick towards Hope IMO, and he's all of a sudden willing to murder people for his precious Carly, who is trying to play the wounded saint while bedding a man who *it appears* is still wearing his wedding band. She's also living in Hope's house like she owns it...girlfriend has no shame in her game. Its just all so...cringeworthy. And she wonders why half the town can't stand her.

• Members

I agree with this. I have watched CC for years on various soaps and have yet to see this great actress that so many people go on about. I think that she has had some good moments, but she is nothing special.

• Members

I truly understand why the ratings are dropping like a hot rock. The show completely lacks any kind of substance. From one scene to the next you have a bunch of georgous people saying a whole bunch of nothing. Actions don't make sense at all.

We had to watch Chloe in a coma for what seemed like 17 months with everyone rallying around her and Daniel to be locked away only for her to become insecure and cheat? It makes no sense.

Why the fuss over Nathan? He looks to be 12, and Steph's actions are for what? Why the need to hold onto this guy? This makes no sense whatsoever. There is simply no reason for her behavior. The outcome will not justify it at all. Who gives a rat's tookus if Melanie hooks up with this guy? They are better suited because she looks like she belongs in Nathan's league. Of all the partner swapping, this makes the least of all.

Ari/Ethan/Nichole - what's this all about? Really! Will Ethan still want Nic once he finds out? Answer: Absolutely!

Hope really has the only story, and it's weak and ludicrous! When you really think about it, Hope is weak and ridiculous. I wish she were gone. Can we trade her for Deidre?

Carly looks consistently bloated, and her presence really lacks a purpose. Why the fuss over her this time around? Crystal is gold, but this character is so not needed. She's just there.

Sami the victim is for the birds, and it's disappointing that EJ would still want her. Ridiculous!

Absolutely no substance whatsoever!

ANDREA

Archived