DAYS: Discussion for the month of May

• Members

DOOL5201048.jpg

Thank you for the screen caps, RoseVioletDaisy! LOL this was my favorite one. Nicole was HILARIOUS during the whole thing to me. Love her.

Oh yeah, and the only part i didn't like about the episode was the last part with Carly catching the bouquet rolleyes.gif of course Hope had to walk in just in time.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!

I can't stand Carly. I'm no Bope fanatic or anything but the bitch is annoying. She is really pissing me off trying to force Chloe to tell Daniel she cheated, considering all the s.hit she has pulled since she came back to DAYS :rolleyes:

• Members

Carly's hypocrisy with Chloe was the one false note in an otherwise delicious episode.

I can't help but pity Vivian a tiny bit because it's so clear that she does care, in her own way, for Victor and thinks that, in her bizarre way, she's doing what's best for him. The Maggie and Victor relationship is developing beautifully, I cannot not see them ending up together.

The interesting thing is that Kate seems to be the only woman who actually loved Victor when she married him and still seems to hold a playful candle for him.

Arianne Zuker was killer throughout the whole episode, she has a fabulous touch with light physical comedy.

• Members

really, nobody at this point can be abigger hypocrit than Chloe.

Lets see, bitch cheated on her husband with daniel. Then cheated on Daniel with Philip.

And she is always calling Carly a homewrecker for getting with Bo after Hope left him.

Chloe just needs to die, shes the worst part of this show. hands down. and thats actually saying a lot.

• Members

At least Chloe's hypocrisy is driven by insecurity, decades-deep self-image issues, and the fact that Carly is now in fact out to get her. What's Carly's excuse for being such an arrogant, self-important hypocrite sitting in judgment of everyone else after everything that she has done? I refuse to hold anything against Chloe right now since everything that's happening is only being done because the writers are desperate to pimp Carly and her victim-hood/martyrdom since her return has been such a monumental failure. I say cut your losses, get rid of her, and maybe PodBo and SominexPodHope would disappear and RealBo and RealHope return and actually like work on their problems.

If they want to keep Carly they have to make her an interesting, viable character because at this point she isn't for alot of poeple. They should bring Lawrence back, alive, and with Nicolas. Personally I think it would be a terrific twist if we now saw Lawrence's side of all of Carly's flashbacks during their marriage. It could even be done as a mystery, who really became increasingly paranoid and ultimately went insane, Lawrence or Carly? Or at the very least have PsychoLawrence and Vivian gaslight her. CC is a good actress but isn't particularly good at playing the good girl/whiny little victim sanctimoniously lecturing Chloe or hand-wringing over Vivian that Carly is right now. She's at her best when playing smart but emotionally unstable women like early Olivia Spencer. So take Carly to the abyss with Lawrence's return. Maybe make her doubt her own sanity or Melanie's paternity. Something, anything that would use CC's skills to better advantage.

• Members

You took the words right out of my mouth and articulated it perfectly.

I just cannot buy Carly's victim/martyr characterization. It rings totally false because even when Carly was a victim (ie: Buried Alive) she still had some fight in her. The Carly we've got now is a complete saint and guess what, a saint she ain't.

I really think bringing Lawrence back is a necessity in order to salvage the Carly character. She just isn't interesting otherwise. This is one character return that SHOULD have been great but has become an utter wreck. I don't know whose fault it is, Corday, Higley or Chappell are all culpable, but I really feel another actress could have made this work, Lauren Koslow and Renee Jones have made much worse work.

• Members

I couldnt disagree more with what i bolded.

This is chloe. This is who she always has been and will be. This isnt anything new and it isnt being done to pimp anyone.

Chloe is a whinny, annoying, selfish, immature, bitch who cheats on everyone. It goes back to brady/philip the first go around.

Its def the writing.

And Koslow hasnt made anything work, ever. Shes an actress who shines with good writing but without it all her awfulness comes through. Jones on the other hand is prob the most underused and underrated actress in daytime.

• Members

So do you consider what Koslow's doing now awful? If not, when has she been awful?

I can't recall who said it, but a few weeks ago a poster mentioned how, with Lauren Koslow, you always get your money's worth. She may be hammy, but she's always entertaining and always interesting to watch. Every closeup, every slap, every exclamation. She's always 'on' which is more than I can say for Crystal Chappell who looks like she's dead and in desperate need to take a sh*t.

• Members

After hearing all the good things about Victor and Vivian's wedding, I had to watch. John Aniston is a god among men. The wedding was hysterical with the flashbacks. Everyone's reaction during "for better or worse" was funny, but when Victor said, "all I care about is your happiness, most of you anyway" I could not stop laughing, followed by "you all probably want an explanation for what I'm doing, well you don't always get what you want."

I love seeing the Kiriakis family together. It is a shame that we don't get to see more of Justin. Daniel is not a Kiriakis and yet he has a prominent role.

I agree about the criticism of Carly/Crystal Chappell. Carly is a bore. Is Bo still sleeping with her? They both need to die.

• Members

But didn't I see Bo still wearing his wedding ring when he was with Carly at Victor's wedding? When will he and Hope get divorced? And why doesn't Hope have another man already?

BTW, Crystal Chappelle's face is just blah. She is becoming more unattractive by the botox shot.

• Members

My GOD I am so tired of Carly, Bo & Carly...just ugh. Now this heffa preaches to Chloe about what is right, then catches the bouquet, as Hope walks in (cue to Bo's non-caring smirks). Why not the writers twist the knife even more by having her walk in while Bo is tossing Carly's salad (another cue to Bo's non-caring smirks), it'll hurt less. -_- I agree that there is too much propping of Carly going on, because she is *not* the withered victim. Hope and Bo have serious marital troubles, Hope blamed Bo for Ciara's kidnapping, Bo was pissed, etc etc--they were miserable. WE GET IT. I still don't buy he would give up his fancy face for Carly. Now, after those *interesting* spoilers, I feel like we're definitely in the twilight zone and will be there for awhile. Can the real Bo and Hope materialize at some point, perhaps work out their issues? Communication should still exist, even in the twilight zone.

Archived