DAYS: Discussion for the month of May

• Members

I'm going to continue to voice my gripes with Days until they're addressed and it becomes a show worth watching again. But it's obvious Gary Tomlin and Ken Corday don't care about viewers like me who watched this show loyally for years. These idiots pissed in the face of Marlena and John and their fans, and for that, this show deserves to be cancelled.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are so ridiculous. John and Marlena arent DAYS, ok?

They were just a popular couple that obviously has a very vocal fanbase. How can you say that all longtime viewers have been alienated, when you dont know how long some people have watched? I have watched on and off for nearly a decade and I may not have watched as long as others I can still see that the show hasnt ruined its history. You are a bitter Jarlena fan that needs a reality check. As far as I am concerned I will take Bo, Hope, Lexie, Maggie, Kate, Stefano, Victor over J&M anyday.

To say a show should be cancelled because of two actors being fired is just ignorant.

• Members

First of all, Deidre Hall IS Days. She is the face of Days. She is Days incarnate. DOOL without Deidre Hall is like AMC without Susan Lucci---there's just no point.

And it's not just the firings of Dee and Drake that make Days cancel-worthy: it's the ridiculous newbies they've replaced them with: Melanie, Daniel, Gabby, Arianna, Chad, Mia, Nathan, etc...These characters shouldn't even exist! Days should've brought back people like Carrie and Austin to fill the void left by Days' most iconic supercouple Marlena and John.

And on top of that, they bring back all the wrong people from the past, like Vivian, Carly, Justin, Adrienne, Anna, and Calliope. None of those characters should ever have returned to Days.

Let's face it: The REAL Days hasn't existed since at least Hogan Sheffer's reign of terror. This piece of crap needs to be put of its misery because it's a disgrace to the true Days of Our Lives and its TRUE fans.

• Members

DAYS existed 11 years before Deidre Hall, 4 years in the 80s without her and it's more than a year and a half and well shucks, DAYS is still standing.

You can criticize the cast additions, I agree with some and disagree with others.

But to say that those of us who are still watching aren't 'TRUE' fans...sorry darling but you're just embarassing yourself at this point.

Go worship at your Deidre and Drake shrine, write all the letters you want to Corday, just get the [!@#$%^&*] off this board. Thanks!

• Members

I won't be leaving this board, but I certainly don't care to debate this any longer.

I will point out that when Marlena was seemingly killed by the Salem Strangler in the early 80s, the fan outrage was enormous. And Days was almost cancelled during the four years when Deidre left the show. When you ask someone on the street to name the most iconic star/character from Days, 9 times out of 10 they'll say Marlena.

And you can try to piss on that all you want, but it's true.

• Members

Well, to be honest... I care, LoL.

That's not to say that I agree with every single thing catsmeouch says, but he/she does make quite a few valid points and many of them I agree with. The Days of Our Lives of today isn't the same Days of Our Lives that it was even five years ago, much less 10+ or 20+ years ago. For some, it's better. For some, it's worse. And for others, it's a mix of the two. I understand that soap operas evolve over time, but I personally find it difficult to look past the terrible production values of today (My God, the lighting! The terrible blinding fuschia sitcom lighting!) and I find it even more difficult to care about many of the new characters. Melanie, Rafe, Gabby, Arianna, nu-Brady, Nathan and Daniel all bore me. Stephanie has potential to be a great bitch but the writers aren't pushing her far enough. The couples have no chemistry and the triangles are dullsville -- especially Melanie/Phillip/Stephanie/Nathan, EJ/Sami/Rafe and Chloe/Daniel/Carly. Out of all the potential pairings there, does anyone really care who ends up with who? And when will something actually happen in these triangles? Every day it's the same yack, yack, yacking about the same old things over and over again. When will somebody take action and actually do something to win their man or wreck a relationship? Everybody in Salem is all talk -- and it's not even interesting talk. It's boring talk. And it's putting me to sleep.

I understand that the writers are going for "simple soap opera" these days (aka Soap Opera for Dummies) but would it kill them to throw a little excitement and intrigue into the stories? The villains in particular could use an extra dash of intrigue and nastiness -- especially Vivian. When did she become so inconsequential? She's written like a dementia patient -- always saying crazy things that sound menacing but she's really just a harmless old harebrained kook. When did that happen?

• Members

:rolleyes: The show's ratings did suck during that time period, but when she returned in 91 they still sucked. The ratings didnt start going up until around the Buried Alive Story which had nothing to do with Marlena.

No. Im pretty sure Bo, Hope, Alice, Jennifer, and others would come to mind as well.

Says who? LOL

• Members

So, anyways, about Hope's storyline...is it just me, or does this send a rather negative message about prescribed sleep ads? I know several have reported doing things like driving and cooking while under the influence of these meds, but what Hope's doing w/ Doc Baker? That's stretching.

• Members

But, see, those were fakey Chinese herbs that I don't think could do IRL (that is, if they actually exist) what they did to Carly -- at least, not to that extreme. Sleep aids, OTOH, are more real, for lack of a better word, since you and I can even buy a few over the drugstore counter.

• Members

Hope's storyline sucks. She is attacking men because she hasnt gotten over Bo? :rolleyes: I would like something a little more original, and something to make Hope a stronger woman. This storyline is a bunch of crap, and I am ready for Dr. Baker to leave already, he served his purpose during the baby switch and is not needed.

Please tell me he isnt on contract? :unsure:

Archived