OLTL opening sequence news

• Members

Ford's gonna be in the next update

Here's David's facebook post about it

David A. Gregory just filmed for the OLTL opening credits today =)

6 hours ago

He's so happy, haha. Glad to hear we're getting an update soon and I hope this means they'll do wonderful things for Ford's character sooner rather than later. :)

Side comment: I really hope they got Brittany to shoot another headshot. She looks far too young to be with Ford with her current one!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Opening credits? Really? This reminds me of when Stacy finally ended up in the opening a good six months after the entire audience was ready for her to die violently, and then they kept her on for over a full year. Ford's expiration date is swiftly approaching if not overdue - what makes anyone think I need another eight months?

• Members

I think it is instinctual in many cases. Or it is for me anyway. The more you see someone paraded around with their shirt off and you hear how you should think he's so hot, are you going to still think he's hot? Once upon a time, male sex symbols were rarely even seen out of shirt sleeves.

He's just so fake and plastic looking.

• Members

So true. In the 70s, most of daytime's sex symbols wouldn't be considered hunky by today's standards. George Reinholt, Lee Patteson, Ed Mallory, Bill Hays, Larry Bryggman, Nick Coster, Joel Crothers, et al...these were some of the top guys in daytime in that era, and none of them looked like they ever saw the inside of a gym. I think the decision to hire the underwear models over the past decades really hurt these shows. Instead of real-looking, relatable people, they served up clones who are boring to watch after the initial "wow, he's so hot" wears off. Dumbing down these shows in casting (as well as in the writing) really did a lot of damage. Don't get me wrong, I like my male eye candy just as much as the next person, but not at the expense of the show's integrity.

Archived