OLTL opening sequence news

• Members

LOL, yes he is hot beyond belief, but he's also a decent actor. On the other hand, the guy who plays Ford is just embarrassingly bad. It's hard to believe that he read for a casting director, Frank V, Frons, and whoever else is involved in the casting process, and they all thought he was great.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember Ken Kenitzer? He was a model, I think an underwear model, and he was so awful, viewers did not see Kevin Buchanan again for an entire year.

If you hire a hunk who can act then it works, if the writing is there, but this story is all about having someone on the show solely because they're supposed to be hot, and basing their entire story around how hot they are. There's also a sadistic undertone to the writing which invites us to share his contempt for various young women and believe they are getting what they deserve.

• Members

Yeah, and I think part of it is behavior and personality affecting how I see the character. Even in real life, if someone starts acting like a jerk it influences my perception of their physical attractiveness pretty quick.

For awhile, I just saw him as a bit of a user. He wasn't making any promises to Langston. I just saw the Ford situation as a lesson many young women have to learn the hard way: You can't assume that because a guy is having sex with you he feels something for you or there is any commitment on his part. Now I see him as a real assh*le, since he's lying about falling in love with her.

• Members

Remember that awful, awful Mark Menard as Boyd on AMC? He was hired when Frons and Rayfield came in and overhauled the show. He was meant as a romantic interest for Alicia Minshew. Besides being a heinous "actor," he clearly played for my team (wink, wink) had no chemistry with Alicia or any other woman on the show, so those plans were dropped. I think McT used him as a red herring in the Cambias murder mystery, but to be honest, the only things I remember about him was that he was prettier than any woman on the show, had my gaydar doing back flips, and had Myrtle as his hag.

• Members

I barely remember seeing that guy on screen, I mostly remember reading about his casting, a new right-hand man for Erica, a chemist at Enchantment. I recall that he was VERY blond and from an Australian soap (?) or something.

• Members

He was American.

I mostly remember him because he was a client of that guy who annoyed me when I used to watch Wanna Be Soap Star, and also because they kept trying to say he was pining for Kendall, when that relationship had Will and Grace all over it. He wasn't really that bad, he just wasn't believable as a straight guy.

• Members

I am not a fan of gratuitous shots on the soaps, I think it's cheap and if you want to see naked people there's this wonderful thing called the internet. I understand the target audience and all, but it's not like they ever give us Bree Williamson or Amanda Setton stepping out of a pool and snapping the bikini bottom out of her butt. And it's not about "hating" either because I don't mind Brody, the actor has proven himself and his function on the show is not a-TALL the transparent, superfluous crap that is Ford. Ford is just dipped in smug and smarm. And then you have Cristian who imo STILL hasn't had his Brody-level acting moment to prove himself and he's still riding on the shirtless scenes.

• Members

He may be American but I'd swear he'd been on some foreign soap or something, hmmm, it's been a while since that casting item. :P

MICHAEL BRUNO! Ugh. I hated the smug way he'd always refer to his clients as "mine", "Yeah, she's one of my girls..." He's also the one who said he could teach a model how to act, but he couldn't teach an ugly actor how to be pretty. :o

• Members

I saw Marc in SOD recently for some "Look at this soap name who was on Lost!" feature, so I guess he's done well. I never could get interested in Lost.

Did Bruno also represent Alexa Havens? I thought he fawned over her, or Natalia Livingston, somebody. Alexa probably stayed at AMC too long, that part was just not worth playing.

Anyway, what is the oldest credits shot in the current OLTL opening? I guess it's the longer standing cast members. Todd's shot is the one that seems the oldest to me. I don't remember him having that 8 Track Flashback hair in recent years.

• Members

I admit, this is part of it for me, though I do know people who seem to easily view a guy as hotter and hotter (or a girl, as the case may be) the less and less they see of them. For me there's some embarassment factor I guess--if he's ALWAYS shirtless, with the lamest of excuses and it's not even being done with a wink of irony or camp (at least camp on purpose) then I feel insulted, like I'm being told "see this guy is HOT, isn't he HOT--his character can get away with anything because, well, look how HOT he is! If you don't find his character so hot, there must be something crazy with you because we sure do!"

And really, more shirtless, plastic male bodies isn't what soaps need to survive right now. (Stripping scene, and not that explicit sex scene aside--even with all the stuff in the gym, how often did we see Kyle/Fish shirtless?)

Archived