April 12-16, 2010

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Muhney is a publicity whore.

The Y&R drops are impressive. Burn, baby, burn.

And yeah, right now, B&B is far better than Y&R. Not one doppleganger storyline on the show!

How is OLTL still on the air? Those ratings are atrocious. The budget can't be that low?

• Members

I really hope Maria doesn't take the ratings as a sign to bring back Adam. The only reason people tuned in was to see Adam die. Even Colleen's death got them high ratings.

If the stories on Y&R weren't so bad people wouldn't have left after the Adam's death stunt.

• Members

I was so surprised that CBS didn't promote Eden Reigel's joining of the show more. I guess she was never really a CBS star, so maybe they didn't think she would generate much ratings for a show that competes with the show she got famous from.

I think Eden has been doing just fine in the role. I haven't minded her at all. I wouldn't be surprised if another soap snatches up Vail Bloom...I wouldn't mind seeing her head to GH...I had a plot idea in mind for her, but that's very long and involved and will have to go on another board :P

Is ER on contract with Y&R?

• Members

How can Eden be doing "just fine" on Y&R when she hasn't done anything yet? A few throwaway scenes aren't anything. :blink:

Absolutely miscast for the role, and her popularity isn't as big as TPTB and her fans think it is.

And why would CBS promote an actress joining as a recast? Who is Eden Riegel? Just another recycled soap actress, no one huge.

And she debuted this week, so the ratings for her week won't be out until next week's ratings report.

• Members

I simply meant that her first few scnes haven't bothered me. A lot of times in recasts, the first week is absolutely horendous for me, like when Drew Garrett was recast as Michael...His first week was simply in the hospital, and he didn't do all that much, but I hated him from day one. Same goes for the recast Babe on AMC....Seeing Eden Reigel didn't rub me the wrong way like those did, is what I meant.

I don't know, ABC promoted Jonathon Jackson returning as a recast role, albeit he did originate it, but he was still technically a recast, and they promoted the hell out of it. And I don't know, CBS thought it ws a pretty big deal when they announced that a "MAJOR ABC DAYTIME STAR" was joining the show...So obviously THEY think she is someone

And yes, I know her episodes won't be released in ratings until next week.

• Members

I think the ratings dropped, or didn't improve, when he showed up, so the advertising was for nothing.

Heather is a meaningless character and most Y&R fans probably have no idea who Eden Reigel is, so there wasn't a lot of reason to advertise. They probably assumed any fans who would tune in to see her would already know, since they would be Bianca or BAM fans.

All I could notice was how laughable her wardrobe was. She looked like a little girl in her grandmother's clothes.

• Members

Yeah, the Jonathon Jackson return was a complete dud. I was just surprised that CBS would have made such a hoopla over her coming to the show, and then not really let us know when she would arrive. I'm not saying I thought they SHOULD have advertised, it just seemed like a CBS-esque thing to do.

Heather has become rather meaningless in the past year or so...But I'm sure she'll have more to do now...I didn't mind the wardrobe, but then again I didn't really notice it.

• Members

I don't see a lot of young professional women dress the way they have dressed ER's Heather, but I would hope they at least can afford to wear clothes that actually fit their body. She was drowning in that ugly blazer thing. And that necklace...the whole thing looked like Mary Richards's reporter aunt, who was about 60 years old, and living in 1975.

I didn't see it given all that much hype outside of sites like Daytime Confidential or with Nelson Branco, who worship Eden Reigel.

Heather having more to do depends on whether they have plans for her or whether someone just wanted to hire her based on her being Liz Hendrickson's BFF, or because she's some ABC "name." Barbara Bloom supposedly wanted to hire Stephen Nichols because he was an ABC "name", and look at how much Fluckers adds to the canvas. Zero.

• Members

ABC is in some serious trouble: ATWT (Cancelled) bested OLTL in total viewers and tied AMC in demos--when a show falls to the level of ATWT in demos you have a crisis. Y&R is slipping and that always has an effect on the networks entire daytime line up by a few points; however, ABC is having a blow out! I do not watch ABC soaps so could someone please explain to me what is going so wrong?

• Members

Is MM really trying to take credit for Y&R's drop like he added anything to the show in the first place? The show is flunking all on its own. Maybe a few people wanted to see a resolution to the Adam storyline, but if so, they were only hanging on by a very thin thread anyways. I've basically dumped the show too and that is due to an overall lack of interest in every single character and overall disgust with the current state of plastic surgery doppelgangers gone wild.

Archived