Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Oh, really? RE: Sydney.

Apparently, BH got a new production head since Chris did leave last season. She might be trying to get them back. I am very happy Garcelle is paying Lint dust and doing her own investigation. Those ladies better hope she don't find anything. I can see her serving a revenge dish so cold that it will rival what she did to her exhusband. 

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

SLC

And so it begins...

And by it...I mean MESS.

I wanted to see how the FOHs were going to fit and I hate to go against the grain, but Angie H continues to cause mess. God bless her for it. Otherwise, what else would there be? Watching her try to worm her way onto ths show has been funny to watch. What makes it more funny has been that the more people try to keep her off the show, the more they are making her relevant.

First, Little Girl said she was behind a rumor about Lisa. Then Lisa freaked out since she still had not forgiven Angie H for CaterGate. But her feuding with her keeps Angie H around. Otherwise, why would Bad Weather continue to bring her around (Heather with the ski trip and the audition, the fact Little Girl has her as a partner)? And oooh look, Angie H allying herself up with Meredith...hanging with Bad Weather...the thirst is real. (c) Nene Leakes. 

And this week we met Angie H's husband. And he started an Insta to trolling Lisa, keeping the feud with Lisa alive which keeps his wife relevant. Bonus...he named the account after Jen Shah, something that was sure to ruffle her feathers...and as this week and next week preview has shown...IT WILL!!! They are giving NJ S6 Amber and Jim.

So feuding with Lisa AND activating a mostly dormant Jen. Angie suuuure has begun to make headway in her moves to be seen this season. 

Honorable mention to Angie K. In that next week preview video, she showed she has potential as well as a Non-BS-er, calling Angie H. out. I look forward to the battle of the Angies. 

JEN. It was nice seeing her and Coach talking. It was funnier how she was trying to continue bringing the comic relief at the audition. She was already 'on sight' with Angie though. lol. And I cannot wait for her to see Angie's husband. 

LISA. So now that I'm thinking about it, it does appear that this leg of the season really is all about Fabulous Ice. Little Girl starting this feud she has with Angie. Heather still working to be her friend. Meredith making peace...for now. Angie H's attempts to worm into the group after failing last year. She stays on everyone's lips. So it was nice to see her with her husband (is he getting finer or is it just me?) and her son shading her for not cooking. She really did not have to do anything this week, but look...well...fabulous. And...she did. And her singing...lol...keep your day job.

Please register in order to view this content

HEATHER. A bit of a misstep for her, I felt. We talk here often about how Heather is (and continues to be...?) an image. A smarter and more subtle version of Jen. Since I bowed out on the reunion last season due to the fact they planned to make it all about Mary, I didn't know about that. And I loved Fabulous Ice bring the tea on her and the message. Just...smh. This is why we don't trust her around these parts. :I At least I was on her side with Little Girl. And she still brought the comedy with this whole audition thing. Her gaslighting Jen was funny.

MEREDITH. Other than forming an alliance with Angie H...didnt' really do much for me this week.

LITTLE GIRL. Her husband loses his job and she makes it all about her. Do we even know if he lost the job over that gross scene, or was it because he might have been doing something else...allegedly?

Decent episode, but looking forward to Season 1 Jen next week lighting up folk. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Congratulations on your Paris trip -- one of my all-time favorite cities! In fact, I am watching Real Girlfriends in Paris (criminally underrated show if you ask me) just to live vicariously through them and you. And yes, we absolutely missed you. CAROLYN.

Agree on so much of what you are saying here, including Wendy and Mia, not to mention the Richards sisters' stuff, and the need to tap the FOHs on SLC to bring the thirsty drama. Angie H literally LOOKS like Kim Granatell to me (early RHONJ reference, guys). And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

You are most welcome for that Ramona interview. She so rarely does interviews, but she really laid bare her soul in this one. Ramona is nothing if not consistent in her thinking, and I thought she gave some pretty fascinating insights. She wasn't petty or trying to attack Bravo, but she has nothing to lose with RHONY. I believe her when she says she always cultivated a life outside Bravo. Actually, I think that has always been OG RHONY's strong point -- the authentic and seamless social events dotted across the city and the Hamptons where the cameras just happened to be there. Anyway, I thought it was a great interview which kept me hooked from beginning to end, and confirmed what a top-tier HW she was.

I haven't watched since episode 2. I started watching Real Housewives in Paris instead, which says a lot, because that show has next to no viewership.

IMO, It is already a huge problem that Mary is no longer there, and Jen Shah being gradually phased out is looming. Mary spoke truth to to all of them and gave no f*cks (kind of like RHONY's Ramona). Jen Shah is contrived but she's loosened up and opened up since S1. Judging by her gate-crashing BravoCon after Bravo rescinded her invite, she is also going to be a hot mess right up until sentencing.

However, the other three do not have the necessary chemistry with each other to keep this franchise afloat. Lisa Barlow is not nearly the flex she, or her 5 Twitter fans, think she is. Meredith is absolutely my favorite, but she is an introverted INFJ personality who has to be cornered and forced to go volcanic. Heather is milking this RH gig for all it is worth, but we are starting to notice the seams. And Bébé Voice is possibly the most thirstily annoying Real Housewife after Rinna & Erika. All three SLC women seem to operate in their bubbles chemistry-wise.

• Members

POTOMAC

OMG!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I just saw that and rolled my eyes. 

Of course, Crystal is on the chopping board. Kyle's making them lunch meetings.

I could actually see LVP back in scenes with Garcelle next season since they are associates now and Garcelle already filmed for VPR this forthcoming season. 

Ex Soap Opera Star continues to destroy herself online. LET...THE...MOUSE...GO.

They ain't mentioned because they are safe. Good. Sutton was the show. Kyle ain't going anywhere. Garcelle is Queen. And honestly, after this past reunion (working on my thoughts right now), I want to see Erika WITHOUT Ex Soap Opera Star. Over Dumb and Dumber and Erika has proven she will take the Villain role and run with it. So...let's play. 

• Members

BH

I definitely wanted a rewatch before I posted about that last part.

I have to give credit where credit is due, but that was a good reunion. And it will be interesting to see where they all go from here. And the comparisons to POTOMAC's Season 5 reunion are apt. It was raw and a bit dark, and there was no resolution. I did like that it was clear that Andy could not play favorites in this part because even REAL Kathy Hilton has the network by the balls. Honorable mention to him FINALLY dragging EricFake a bit during his questioning. I saw a few clips from last year's reunion and how he was softballing her, but I did not feel that here...almost like payback for her thinking she could talk mess to him in the first two parts. 

I also wanted to rewatch for the pre-Kathy-enters part. Garcelle was really the MVP for Part 1 going after everyone and destroying Lint. But she was disrespected in Part 2. And it was good to see her confront EricFake and the ladies (thank you for the assist, Andy, by being messy and bringing up Kyle/Dorit kiki over the EricFake/Jax bday thing) head on, and give some hard truths to them. Actually between her and Andy going at EricFake, she FINALLY cracked and showed some remorse and I saw ERIKA. It's been a loooooong time. And I, for the first time since this mess started, felt like I understood where she was coming for. She felt...real...for once. Not faking it. 

The main course was Kathy vs Ex Soap Opera Star. And that was SPECTUALUAR. To keep it real, those of us who watched for a looong time know of Kathy's reputation, so it was odd to see her be this goofy persona. A fun persona, but goofy all the same. But make no mistake...the circles she runs in, the power those circles have, the power SHE has...it would be unwise to cross her. And THAT was what Ex Soap Opera Star did. Not a wannabe. Not a has been. Not even wealth that yells. It's wealth that WHISPERS. And to think Kathy only gave a SMALL PORTION of the power she weaves and still destroyed Ex Soap Opera Star should have been Ex Soap Opera Star's sign to stop while she was ahead. And she had time to drop tea on Erika as well. Was she perfect? No. They got some licks in on her, but she still triumphed. And if that deleted scene is true and Kyle MIGHT have been behind all of this, then it was within Kathy's right to give her dust. She made accommodations for Kyle since Denise was around and that was how Kyle thanks her? And since it has been clear for decades this family is a secretive one. She will probably deal with Kyle accordingly so yes, Kyle should cry. Payback is a dish...

KYLE. Do I think there was some truth in the tears? Perhaps. But any true sympathy went out the window when she snapped on Dorit. A hit dog will holler, and clearly Dorit was right. She was helping her to see her way out of that mess and Kyle CHOSE to play victim...something Kathy also called her out on. She's not completely innocent and for that reason, I cannot be sympathetic to her. Empathy maybe. But sympathetic...no. The fact that her only concern was if Kathy would be at that wedding rather than are they okay I felt was telling.

DORIT. She didn't do much this part, but what she did counted. She was playing peacemaker between Kyle and Kathy. And I felt she spoke nothing, but truth. I don't know what happened in the Richards sisters' past that it was not clicking with Kyle, but Dorit translated easily what Kathy was trying to say. This was the time for Kyle to do something that she tries her best NOT to do: take accountability. But alas.

ERIKA. YES, I said ERIKA. I was shocked to admit it since I loathe her. But Erika FINALLY showed an emotion. I felt for the first time she articulated (except for that bad airplane allgory) where she was coming from. And FINALLY I felt Andy did his job and gripped her enough that no amount of sass she was giving him was working on him. And in hindsight as someone pointed out to me, it felt like she was owning her villain edit, and I cannot fault her for it. She's darned if she did, she's darned if she does not. He even said it best when he said to her...it's not landing. Which was the point. She might not care about the group and how they see the things she's doing, but she does care. And I thought those tears were actual real tears. That said...the tea Kathy was dropping on her was delicious. Erika is not the first HW who rents things. Usually it's houses. But items...not far-fetched. Anyone remember the episode of SATC where Samantha was trying to rent a Birkin? Same thing. Kathy saying in so many words and so many ways that Erika was a broke hoe without saying the words was payback. LOVE it.

CRYSTAL. Silent this time around. Odd since it was her and Garcelle that caused Erika to have her Aspen meltdown. 

SUTTON. Also silent, but we at least had her and Garcelle as Reaction Greek Chrous as Kathy tore Ex Soap Opera Star and Erika apart. 

GARCELLE. I did not like how she was treated in Part 2, but she stood in her truth still. And I loved her speaking so much truth to that Coven. YES, KYLE, IT'S TRUE, IT'S TRUE. If it had been HER child or anyone in the Coven, there would be no ki-ki-ing about how Erika was 'only' cutting loose. They would have made it a whoooole storyline. They all know it. Now, Dorit, why did you not talk to Erika ON CAMERA or do anything IN THE MOMENT? Ex Soap Opera Star, Candiace from RHOP has NOTHING on your disasterous social media skills. YES, YOU. And to ALL OF THEM, what's the point of an apology if they either have not learned OR WORSE, it would only come up again later? That has been their thing for seasons. I also loved her reaction shots during Kathy vs Dumb&Dumber. OOooooo her look when Kathy clocked Erika about her credibility. And her look when Kim and LVP were mentioned. And the 'ooo' when Kathy mentioned Ex Soap Opera Star's contract was coming up and her look in unison with Sutton. And because she's a class act, I liked her reaching out to Victim Kyle.

LINT.

EX SOAP OPERA STAR.

Well ironically, I believe she said it best.

Rhobh Lisa Rinna GIF - Rhobh Lisa Rinna Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

If looks could kill, when Kathy walked out, she would be ash. And shots fired when Kathy said 'hey, GIRLS.' Yes, GIRLS. You wanted to deal with the big dogs...HERE...WE...ARE. And I liked how Kathy slowly but surely took her goofy persona and let it melt away to show REAL Kathy. Two minutes in and she shaded Ex Soap Opera Star's social media. She owned her crap over the tequila. And then she TORE...HER...APART. And Taoboi was HERE...FOR...IT. For seasons, she's gone after friends, family, and the like for a storyline. Perhaps she thought Kathy would be like Kyle. She was WRONG. Kathy has a brand and a family. The fact there was an HR investigation that the cast didn't even know about was telling. And just like Kim, Kathy got in a shot at Ex Soap Opera Star's personal life. And it was a joy to see Kathy backing Kim LIKE A REAL SISTER. And then...Ex Soap Opera Star wanted to act like she was the bully and use triggered words. Kathy set her straight reeeal quick. 

She is LONG OVERDUE time to leave...or have a takedown season.

Overall, good reunion. Better than last year where I walked off. However, there was no resolution and it has hit peak toxicity. Time for some changes. I just think it's sad that this past year so many HW shows have gotten to a point that they have been put on pause to retool...when it's clear what needs to be done in some cases. 

I hope they can be as careful in retooling as they were with RHOA...which I liked...and I'm LOOONG OVERDUE to watch THEIR reunion. lol. I thought a good job was done there and early reports promise a great season. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I'm assuming by 'White (yt) Karen' and 'the other one'  she is referring to Gizelle and Messy Ashley (who ALWAYS does Gizelle's bone-carrying season after season, and nobody ever calls out her undercover alliance with the GEBs). And that Candiace is not actually referring to Karen Huger and her YT channel. 

Though I do find it interesting that Candiace has zero problem with the GEBs going after Monique's marriage + baby (even giving them free advice on dropping the baby paternity angle). She had no problem when the GEBs went for Wendy's marriage last year (even though Wendy was purportedly her friend). And she has no problem ki-ki-ing with Messy Ashley about Karen's marriage. But when it's HER Marriage? Volcanic eruption. She is literally supplicating the Gods to rain vengeance down on Gizelle's head, Greek Tragedy-styles.

35 Unforgettable Real Housewives GIFS! - Taste of Reality

Edited by Cat

• Members

That's what I am saying. All these instances where she sat back and watched Gizzy attack other marriages, people she said were her friends, yet she expected to be exempt? Girl, get a grip. I just find Candiace to be draining at this point. The writing was on the wall at the last reunion that you were going to be the target. Why not pick up on that? 

Candiace's problem is that she touts to be so intelligent when she really isn't--at least not emotionally intelligent. Ashley laid the bait out for her to speak on Karen's marriage and she took it like an idiot. Ashley was doing that to further isolate Candiace. This will come up at the reunion when they are addressing marriages, and Karen will be in the right to just sit back and watch them maul Candiace. 

• Members

I keep hoping that Karen and Candiace find their way back to each other (last year's get-together where Candiace said they could never be friends, just light acquaintances hurt my heart a little). But Candiace isn't as morally flexible as Ashley. She doesn't forgive and she cannot let it go. And by 'it,' I mean when Karen didn't co-sign on the 'Special Snowflake is 100% in the right' narrative in S5, Special Snowflake felt (and still feels) #Aggrieved. 

So Candiace now laughing over the Huger marriage is no surprise to me. Ashley treated her like complete sh*t for three straight seasons (and how many altercations has she gotten into with Michael Darby?). But the second Ashley pretends to be pals, Candiace is gossiping about the other women ON CAMERA. Candiace may be a wordsmith, but as you say, she is not emotionally intelligent, because Messley is clearly friend to no-one but herself.

Edited by Cat

• Members

The marriages of all the other women are Gizelle's target every damn season. To the point where for the past 6 seasons, Ashley basically had to announce her own marriage shenanigans before Gizelle got to them first.

Potomac resembles BH in the way it looks for personal trigger points by any means necessary. The fact that both BH and Potomac overlapped this year, and people are beyond over Rinna, makes me wonder if Gizelle is going to have a LisaRinnaBacklash moment. 

Yep! "DON'T YOU EVER [!@#$%^&*] GO NEAR MY HUSBAND DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?" ~smashes glassware~

Kyle Rhobh Running Out Kyle Richards GIF - Kyle Rhobh Running Out Kyle  Richards Escape - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Cat