• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

SLC

Mid-season trailer!!! Looks like they were down here around my house. lol.

Looks like Jen's last stand is going to be good. And of course Heather is playing Betrayed Friend. RME. Though I wonder if anyone punched her in the face.

Look at Angie K (not H) stepping it up. And Danna as well.

Shockingly looks good, but it could be stories climaxing

• Members

'Go after the husband' was the gift that kept on giving when it came to Potomac. It has become a bona fide template of the show. Now this template is coming up against (A) the Law of Diminishing Returns), and (B ) a target who has greater credibility amongst the audience than Gizelle or Ashley.

This is not to take away from my enjoyment of the season thus far. The Potomac cast is so tough! They withstand blow after blow after blow from the GEBs and Ashley (and BTW Ashley is not some independent mover & shaker. She is no true friend to anybody but the GEBs. After pretending to be pals with Wendy this week, she is already throwing her under the bus in Miami). And then this cast bounces back, keeps it moving and bides its time until they can deliver a blow of their own. 

Nevertheless, there are cracks that can never be glossed over. Gizelle & Robyn truly despise Wendy & Karen, for example. These two parties are never, ever getting back together.

The casting jackpot on Potomac has been largely due to longtime relationships prior to the show. If Bravo wants to recast, the cast may have to dig deep into longtime ties again, like Erica Lyles (on Gizelle's side). Or how about you throw in a wild card like... Phaedra Parks?

IA that Mia and Wendy are not quite working. Wendy feels awkward and contrived when she is with the cast. Mia is auditioning for a whole other show over on VH1, and is such a flip-flopper that nothing she says carries any weight. 

Charrisse can disappear under a rock. She has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

• Members

What I don't get is Charrisse complaining about the vacation house that Bravo picked out for them all. If you are trying to regain a spot on the show you were fired from, the least you could do is feign excitement for your sleeping arrangements. They fact that she was going to go to a hotel because she didn't have her own bathroom was stupid. At this point, Bravo needs to let the women arrange their own sleeping arrangements on these shows or scrap the repetitive plot about them bitching about bedrooms. It's tired. It's old. It's low-hanging fruit at this point. Majority of the population would kill to vacation in a lot of the homes that these ladies get to rest their heads. 

And while I still enjoy Potomac, the missing factor (IMO) is Monique. Say what you want, Monique brought an energy to this show that cannot be duplicated. She was the one stable housewife on the show that we knew would provide us wealth but in a subtle way. Now, the cast is loaded with a bunch of posers living off them "little Bravo checks" as Monique would say. Also, Monique meshed well with the group. At her height, she was good with Ashley, Karen, and Candiace. She had chemistry with those women while being the perfect foil for the GEBs. 

I do think the show is about to possibly take a dark turn next week with Mia assaulting Wendy. Given what Wendy has said in interviews, the GEBs are going to possibly be in favor of Mia assaulting Wendy, which will make them hypocrites and reopen the entire assault of season 5. Yet again, the albatross of Monique will continue to dangle over this show. 

Monique and LVP are the two housewives that left the show on their own terms and still have a presence on the show despite wanting anything to do with it. The power these women possess...

• Members

Or worse... glass-sliding doors that do not function, especially without "bb.moveobjects on" put on. LOL.

I think if they were blended more or more of a balayage effect, they'd look better, which is why I also believe it Robyn's hair were the honey-hue, and this red were the put-in pieces, it'd look somewhat less awkward.

• Members

Agree 100% about Monique. She is missed and needed. Bravo casted well when they added her in the 2nd season and Candiace in the 3rd. However, the additions of Wendy and Mia have been a miss and a miss. I can't imagine who of the remaining core four would leave next, but they definitely need to prepare in advance and find stronger, better women to interact with the vets. 

• Members

Honestly, I get this feeling in my gut that Candiace is leaving after this season. She and Broke Chris keep being terrors on social media, and she has been warned for 3 seasons about her social media antics. Plus, Andy can't stand her. He doesn't even hide his disdain for her. 

I think we are stuck with Wendy for about another season even though these women are trying to ice her out. 

Mia is up in the air, IMO. Fans might be so repulsed by her actions in this upcoming episode that they might get rid of her. 

This is why I will always say Gizelle is a short-sighted idiot. The Karen/Gizelle/Robyn/Ashley/Monique dynamic was GOLDEN. Adding Candiace (her 1st season) elevated the show even more. It is when Gizelle started doing all them backstage antics to undermine Monique and Karen is what has caused this show to start taking a dip and mess up the dynamics. 

Same thing happened with Dallas. And Beverly Hills. And NYC. These women need to learn to stop playing casting director, accept when the chemistry is good, and stop going below the belt. 

• Members

I'm not a regular viewer of the Housewives, but does anyone think that the Larsa Pippen/Marcus Jordan relationship is going to be a storyline on Miami this season? I find the whole dynamic of their relationship creepy, considering she was in his orbit when he was a child.

• Members

I was going to mention her, but the cast did such a good job of icing her out and giving her the Danielle Staub treatment that I didn't know if she could ever come back. Also Candiace would never stand for it, and I think Candiace might have more sway with production and more fans in the audience than one might think. The Diamonds & Rosé book about RH has the production EP co-signing this, calling Monique fake and untrustworthy and basically it was a "see ya." So, I wasn't sure Monique would ever be able to return. But you are right: we are two seasons out from her final season, and Monique's shadow continues to loom over proceedings.

Basically, RHOA are crying out for Porsha, Nene and Phaedrea to return, so RHOP might as well go for broke and getting her back. Otherwise she remains the 'elephant' in the room.

• Members

It all depends on how the women treat production backstage.  It isn't the only factor..but if you have nothing going on in your life or bringing anything to group scenes...then it becomes important.

I recall Bravo did a special on season 8 of OC... and as it turned out...Gretchen had nothing going on in her personal life, she kept making Tamra the heavy in their team up against Alexis, she also faked the proposal and was not too popular with production.

In regards to Mia, Wendy, and Candiace...

Candiace:

Is giving in group and individual scenes...so she'll have to do something truly vile on social media to get the boot.  I'm curious how production feels about her.

Mia:

She doesn't gel with the group and not sure about her individual scenes.  She might be a dream to work with behind the scenes with production..who knows.

Wendy:

She has an interesting backstory and she does provide a nice contrast to the other women.  However, she seems a little too high on herself and seems like she'd be a nightmare to production (and her condescending tone to the designer on Project Runway enhances my theory).