Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Frons era -- DaytimeFan, you just sent a chill down my spine.

Please register in order to view this content

IMO Bravo has been invested in younger demos for over a year now. LVP, Vicky, Tamra gone last year. The last few seasons of ATL have felt like an experiment in a new RH 'style' to attract a younger demo. (Though personally, I haven't felt as connected to ATL since Carlos King left after S9).

RHONY always skewed older, but I loved that 'crazy broads' dynamic. I felt invested in this cast. I know there needs to be change because its been Groundhog Daying the last few seasons, and I think change has been beneficial on BH with Sutton, Denise and Garcelle. Nevertheless, this still feels like a loss.

Totally agree about Sonja -- the last episode proved it with her Century 21 speech at the end how funny and light and off-the-cuff she can be. 

Dorinda had a bad few seasons. I hope she finds peace too, because I think her issues and unwillingness to tackle them are a real problem. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

NYC: Wow, I have mixed emotions on Dorinda leaving. On one hand, she dug her own grave. I know some people here say she's been nasty since day one (going for Heather in her first year, etc.) but I pretty much enjoyed everything about her until her 4th season and it's been a steady decline ever since. I'll miss the good years, the fun, funny, and quirky one-liners (back when they were organic -- CLIP!) 

I haven't read the gossip regarding the other women, but I think they're focusing on the wrong Housewives show to gut and reboot (hint: Beverly Hills is in desperate need of a reset, but their ratings say otherwise, sadly).  So when you have lower ratings and the execs want younger demos and all the ladies are full generation older than the one newbie (Leah), old heads will roll.  It would be strange to see RHONY without Ramona admittedly. Just as we had Luann/Ramona/Sonja to anchor the reboot of Season 5, it would be hard to see them do it all over again with just Lu and Sonja as the OG's. But we'll see what develops. 

Get Jill back. Get Heather back. Bring someone from the past back to help with what sounds like will be a transitional year. 

POTOMAC:  So far, I'm not totally feeling the new girl. The shade towards Karen for not having sex with her husband is too hard too soon. We've barely seen she and Karen even talk, so why the hate? Is this another Carlton case (BH, her immediate disdain of Kyle) where the new girl has been instructed to target a person right off the bat? It feels orchestrated. 

+1 on the love for Gizelle's friend Kal.  Also, I forget who here has mentioned him twice already (but I know you'll speak up!), but I'll give a late +1 to Monique's beautiful gay younger brother. Those eyes... 

Candaice is trying to be like Camille, saying all these shady things on Twitter and social media about her co-stars and then acting like it was all innocent in person. Candaice, you are no Miss Donatacci Grammer-Meyer and it's not working for me. 

That said, Gizelle desperately needs to get a landscaper out to her new home and put some life into that exterior space. It looks lifeless and rundown. I suppose if you're aiming to keep burglars away, thinking it's a dump on the inside too, then it's working. 

BH:  Glad for Garcelle's new gig, but I echo the sentiments in hoping she's not a one-and-done as a result. 

• Members

OMG now I'm getting nostalgic. Dorinda in her earlier seasons was MY FAVE.

A 'Real Housewives' Dictionary in GIFs

Sonja was interviewed on a podcast this spring (while stuck on a yoga retreat in the middle of lockdown) and she was giggling about CLIP and what an iconic shutdown that was. Even though she was the target of that shutdown!

RHONY is taking the brunt of this sudden urge to reboot but ITA with you, BH is the one that needs the overhaul. I hope RHONY's transitional year is helped out by a few familiar faces. 

Phaedra's wit is what I miss the most from her time on ATL. With Kandi around, though, I don't think she is ever coming back.

Sad that it seems like she's on the desperation train these days.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I'm glad Dorinda got the boot/quit. I'm one of those who disliked her from the beginning. I have waited for audiences to turn on her, and I'm glad most people now see her for the mean-spirited lush who attacked Heather. I also find it amusing that it was her relentless hate of Tinsley that led to this. She thought she was so much better than Tinsley and the audience would love her attacks on Tinsley. She probably doubled-downed on her behavior at the reunion, and she knew it was not going to look good for her.  I've been hit and miss with watching RHONY this year, but could rhony survive without Ramona's antics (good or bad)? I know she's a terror in real life, but does she add something to the show? I think viewers crave consistency until it becomes too toxic. Is RHONY at toxic levels if Dorinda is gone?

• Members

I picked those one of those same two to return for a transitional season, as they were both around this season. Heather might be an interesting choice, as I think she’d somewhat fulfill any demo requirements (she’s a younger-seeming 50), but Jill has the long-standing history and willingness to mix it up. Just depends on whether Bravo could tolerate her full time.

• Members

I always thought “Clip!  Clip!...” was about something else, revealing Dorinda’s worse impulses.  I could be completely paranoid, but I worked at a bar for over 6 years and for a couple of those years, I had coat check shifts.  Dorinda HATED Sonja that year (because to pay her back for cutting her out of the Blue Stone Manor, S called D out for recreationally doing coke) and took every opportunity to mercilessly shame her.  At the Italian restaurant in Queens, Dorinda was being cruel about Sonja’s past as a hostess/coat check attendant and I think that iconic “Clip!...” tirade was about Sonja in coat check taking rich people’s (like her, Ralph, and Richard) stuff and clipping the claim ticket to it.  Dorinda was evidently still drunk from the night before and claims “Clip!...” just came to her randomly and meant stfu, but this has always been my theory.

I’m conflicted about Slurrrinda.  She is a disgusting bully on one hand, but a lovely woman with SO much heart on the other.  She’s the real enigma wrapped in a riddle and cash on all the hw shows.  And even though it was a precursor for the horror to come, nothing was better than when they’d have to subtitle her when she’d throw her arms up.  “You better back that $h!t up because I said you said I said you did back it up!”  Or whatever it was!  Lolol!

• Members

I agree with the above tweet. Dorinda may not have always made it nice, but she kept it real, sometimes agonizingly so. I remember, on the plane with Bethenny, when she wondered aloud if she fell at home and died, would her body be discovered or would she simply be noticed due to the smell. She shared so many harsh insights into loneliness and grief alongside some of the lighter moments. I’m thinking again of the trip to London with Carole.

• Members

Totally - good, bad, or indifferent, Dorinda was very raw about certain parts of her life that undoubtedly endeared her to the audience, I know it did for me.

However, this has been a downward spiral a long time coming. The result seemed inevitable unless Dorinda had a breakdown, said she was an alcoholic, and went to rehab. She isn't doing that. So she exits.

• Members

I’m still stunned about Dorinda. It’s not that I disagree about the show being groundhogs day or that she’s been a total [!@#$%^&*], but even with a reboot looming I didn’t think they’d get rid of Dorinda. 

This gives me hope for Beverly Hills. The are in dire need of Erika, Teddi and Rinna leaving. Who knows? Maybe it will happen. IF they’re willing to lose the Berkshires and Dorinda, maybe BH will let some of their dead weight go.  

• Members

Dorinda fired herself. Her behavior was deplorable this year (and I know she got worse after I bailed on the season). Are the good moments worth all the venom and negativity? I never thought so. Ramona is a monster, but she at least has moments of humour and lightness. I still chuckle at Ramona and Sonja looking up the meaning of white trash. Would I miss Ramona? Not really, but even clueless Ramona is self-aware enough to know to give an apology even if there's no sincerity behind it. Dorinda never wanted to take responsibility for anything. She became unhinged around Tinsley; there was nothing entertaining about it. It was scary and it was all over nonsense. Even if Tinsley were guilty of everything Dorinda accused of, it still didn't matter. Who cares?? It was like annihilating someone for returning a library book two days late. 

I'm shocked how no mainstream media outlet has picked up the way Rinna has treated Garcelle especially now that the full context of the conversation has been revealed. Rinna was throwing a black woman to the wolves for publicity and it's offensive on so many levels.