Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

That Garcelle had brought up her own situation with her son and that her questions about Rinna's dancing were in that context. It was not an attack, and it was not taken as an attack at the time. Rinna is only now using it to get publicity.  You can find the edited footage on twitter. 

Edited by chrisml

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Cheap21, I got you, boo.

Please register in order to view this content

We talked about it a few pages back.

ETA: Awwww at all the Kal love. Nice that I'm not the only one that seems he is Gizelle's common sense.

@DaytimeFan YES. I used that same metaphor for the HWs re: Frons a while ago. Great minds. and @Cat thank you for confirming it was a year ago. TT started saying Bravo was looking for younger and since then they have been letting most of the OGS shoot themselves in the foot one by one to get rid of them (except for LVP and sadly Kyle though she was on her way this season and we all knew it) so they could free up money for new young thangs. Not unlike Frons. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Yes, I find TT very uneven when it comes to her scoop, but that information has panned out to be very true. You can see it at every single franchise (except NJ which is really The Teresa Giudice Show) and it's classic Frons. Bravo needs to be very careful because these shows can die in a single bad season and casting someone like OC's Gina is a surefire way to make a season intolerable. And once that happens, once that habit is broken, the shows are over.

• Members

I don't know what NYC's demos are like, but I feel like they promote the show in more of a hot drunken Golden Girls kind of way. Like, we know they're all a bit older, but they're wild and carefree and don't hold back. And the Golden Girls are always trendy, for both young and old! lol 

• Members

I admit that I have gotten to a point that I have grown to find her scoops uneven as time has gone by, but yes, watching what has been going on with the OGs over the last year, it looks like where there is smoke, there is fire.

While I do not think Bravo would kill the golden goose (Teresa) over at NJ, I also feel they like toying with her. There is a reason why they showed her setting Danielle up and then the cameras/breaking the fourth wall during the finale this season. And I still think they were setting up Marge vs Teresa for this season. 

I don't think they are above above trying to get her to shoot herself in the foot either. I just think that Teresa knows how to play the game surprisingly better. 

Agree on one bad season. Just look at RHOD. I've seen me dropping a LOT of shows this year that I used to love, but I have openly admitted that I might peek in on it still. And unless Garcelle, Denise, and Sutton are back or even LVP I don't think I will be watching BH next season either unless it's that or Garcelle put her foot to Lipsa's neck over all this fake narrative stuff. 

• Members

Thank you @Taoboi for posting the link.

I  take any site with a grain of salt because anyone can be right sometimes. Most of these sites just throw out stories and hope that any of them stick.

IS Bravo really going after the expensive older stars, or are the long-established stars imploding (Tamra, Nene, Vicki,  Dorinda, Leann, Ramona, etc.) and Bravo sees a way to cut costs? They never would have let LVP go if she hadn't quit. IF anything, I think these personalities last longer than they should have because the network thought fans had loyalty to them. In a way, I get it because the HW shows are like soaps, and when you start firing the veterans, you do lose viewer loyalty. I just think Bravo gets it wrong when they think viewers have loyalty to certain wives over others.

• Members

I agree. I can't begin to tell you last season and the start of this one how they have made bad work days awesome with their silliness drunken fun.

However, they do need some fresh takes on that. Last season had fun, but there was still stuff going on. 

Observing for a year. I would say BOTH. Like I said earlier, I definitely feel if someone...another producer on the show more than likely...hadn't told Kyle how she was looking on this season of BH, she was NEXT to be cut. But I've already discussed several times how I feel about the hiatus and what it was about and theories on it with proof have what has been seen so I won't do it again.

I agree with you on this. I feel Bravo does not know how to read a room when it comes to who fans have loyalty to vs the wives they SHOULD get rid of.

• Members

@Cheap21It looks like Ramona isn’t leaving, so who else IS leaving? Sonja? I feel Andy loves Luann too much to let her go and Leah is new so she’ll stay bc she’s cheap. 

Also, here is the full context with Garcelle and Rinna. The tweet I’m quoting is among Rinna’s likes on Twitter which shocked me. Shows she knows she fucked up. I don’t think she expected Bravo to show the full clip and now it proves her to be a liar. 

• Members

I'd like to think so, but I imagine that Rinna probably thinks that the haters just don't understand her. She thrives on being disliked. I would Rinna to have some semblance of humanity, but if she did, she would have immediately apologized for all the hate she threw Garcelle's way. Instead, radio silence.

• Members

NY

Now that I'm done with my workout...lol.

I liked Dorinda at first. CLIP is one of my favorite NY moments and the Birkshires was one of my favorite places. So much fun drama that it became an annual event. 

That said...Dorinda has been going downhill since last season. I didn't like the attacks on LuAnn. I was hoping they would come to some turn in Dorinda's storyline, but it doesn't even look like they will...unless this season got the BH edit.

Please register in order to view this content

And reunion sounds messy.

Of course...I am behind watching. And it will be interesting to watch knowing this is her last season now.

• Members

The London trip with Carole was one of the most moving episodes, and the Puerto Rico trip with Bethenny was one of the most intense and honest. Dorinda is incredibly polarising as a HW (as the responses on this thread today illustrates) but she was 100% real and showed us the good, the bad and the ugly. Many times I felt moved by her and related to her. There wee moments when she verbalised her and other people's emotions with a lot of insight and empathy,  but that empathy which made her a fan fave has been missing in recent times.

Interesting that people here believe she chose to leave, rather than Bravo firing her.

@DynamiteKiddo thank you for the insight about CLIP and Sonja’s past as a hostess/coat check. 

I hope Sonja won't be let go. I think she is a keeper.