Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Image result for meh gifs

None of the ladies sound at all convinced about those taglines.

And Melissa Gorga's tags are always bafflingly smug. Why should we envy your life again? Your music career flopped,  'your' store got cleaned out of all its merchandise by the rightful owner and Kim D, and you are married to a balding little ape-hobbit.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So agree. 

Who the f-ck would envy Melissa with her chauvinists pig husband, and her numerous quick rich schemes? To think that once upon a time, I somewhat liked Melissa. Once Caroline, Kathy, and Jaq were removed from the picture, the true Melissa emerged and she's just as foul and fake as described. Not saying Tre is better but everything she said rings true.

• Members

You liked Melissa in the early seasons, huh. I disliked her from the get-go. She convinced her dumbass husband to throw his family under the bus for Bravo and her Discount JLo aspirations (lol remember when he 'overheard' her singing Amazing Grace in the walk-in closet and was like "OMG! Is that you singing? You have da voice of an angel! YOU SHOULD BE FAMOUS!").

Melissa and Kathy came on NJ seething with jealousy and resentment because they felt they were ENTITLED a spot on the show. They came on promising producers to take Tre down. Melissa tried to pretend Teresa was 'attacking' her family, but in actual fact she was lapping up the victimhood role. There's a reason her Gorga parents-in-law couldn't even stand to look at her in scenes.

I am actually kind of stunned at how she came on the show expecting the audience to fall at her feet for simply existing.

Please register in order to view this content

With that said... I will be tuning into NJ's first episode next week lol

Edited by Cat

• Members

Now... you know I love you @Nothin'ButAttitude but Kathy's a big girl. She sold out family for a spot on the show, was (and still IS) competing with Teresa over who is the better cook.... and she sicced Richie Wakile on us. Unpardonable!

I sort of felt bad for her last season when she tried to make amends with Teresa, but even that was only because partners-in-crime Melissa & Joey switched sides and dumped her ass!

Related image

I agree though Melissa was worse and really selfish in her motivations. She tore apart a family that wasn't hers for (what she thought would be) stardom and unending riches. I suspect Kathy's motivation was partly resentment at Teresa's fame (there's something very Jan about Kathy). However, it was also because of her mom's history with Tre's dad. Something bad went down, and since the Gorgas would die rather than apologise for anything, that poor old lady will probably never reconcile with her brother in this lifetime.

From the looks of the trailer, I don't think Melissa will be getting her comeuppance this season either. That fake-ass is Teflon.

Image result for RHONJ Melissa singing on display gifs

• Members

@Cat I believe the latter (re: Kathy/Tre). I never believed they were as close as Tre said they were in s3. I think that was a load of garbage. I think that Kathy/Rosie v. Tre does stem from their parents and was going on WAY before Housewives came into the picture. I can admit that Kathy might've been a bit jealous about Tre's success but there was enough room for both of them to prosper in the culinary field. Also, I do feel that Tre envies Kathy somewhat too. While Tre might not like Rich, I do think it irks Tre that Kathy has a healthy marriage and her hubby does have a legit job. I think the entire Gorga/Wakile clan's issue is jealously. They are all jealous of one another and it's generational. I do hope that with the recent passing of Tre's mom that they all have an epiphany one day and let bygones be bygones. Especially, the parents. It bothers me that Kathy's mom and Tre's daddy have no sort of sibling relationship.

In other Housewives news, looks like Brandi v. Kameron continues in Mexico:

While I do think that Kameron is a stick in the mud, I am loving her annoy the f-ck out of Brandi, who is flip-flopper. It tickles me how Kameron saying the slightest thing unnerves Brandi. 

I was stunned to see in the clip that Steph got snippy with Kameron seeing as she wanted to use Kameron to get into the Dallas social circle. Cary snitching on Kameron probably nixed her shot at getting in too. While these women come at Kameron about her zip code, they all secretly wish they had it. 

Oh I love how social status and class wealth is playing a pivotal role on Dallas this year. This is what I wanna see on Housewives. It's like classic soap. The haves v. the have nots. 

In Atlanta news, Nene and Kim are back at it again. Apparently, Kim is ditching another cast trip which has Nene in her feelings. 

NeNe took a shot back and it isn't looking pretty. I knew these 2 would clash soon enough. But I am with Nene, as why did Kim come back if she's gonna be half-assed in her contributions?

• Members

@Nothin'ButAttitude nobody forgets a slight in the Gorga family -- and this was the way society operated in Southern Italy for centuries. Papa Gorga will never forgive, and nor will Kathy/Rosie, nor will Teresa, nor will Joe Giudice. Melissa better be aware; I don't believe for a second that Tre has let bygones really be bygones. And now Mel has alienated Kathy who won't forget either.

You hit the nail on the head regarding Dallas. It is about class and social standing and that's what I love about this season. LeeAnne is looked down upon by the others but the irony is that she introduced D'Andra to the group who has legit status and Dallas pedigree. Moreover, she comes across as genuine and real. By contrast, Brandi is very two faced and playing people against the other, and turning on Kameron may not be the smartest move. Kameron isn't the carnie the other women enjoy mocking and bitching about. 

Kim Z deserves to be dragged for being bone idle as usual. And pretending her laziness is actually due to work. I imagine Nene feels she has had to hustle hard to get somewhere, whereas Kim Z has simply laid on her back and got everything handed to her on a platter. I hope this spat isn't limited to Twitter and we get it on the show too.

• Members

Agree 100%. I, too, have not liked Melissa since Day One. The fact that she was singing a song on her first season called "On Display" about fame and everyone's eyes are on her... gurrrl, you just began filming and it hasn't even begun airing yet! Someone sure had high expectations... 

She really wormed her way out of her comeuppance. I was hoping we'd get an onscreen airing of her dirty laundry re: Melissa vs. Danielle ("Have you acknowledged your nephew...?") but I guess they're sticking to the Tre/Mel/Danielle vs. the others.  

ATL: I'm sure Kim vs. Nene will be cute, but it's not the same. The first 3-4 seasons with them was true anger, resentment, and jealousy. Now, it's just a performance for the show. I don't really buy it, but you know I'll be watching

• Members

Kudos to Kenya. It was time for her to exit. She got the man she wanted, and I always felt this season was bound to be her swan song. Glad unlike all those other miserable hags that she chose happiness over 15 mins of fame. 

They better hold onto NeNe as long as possible b/c the second she leaves (again), this show will be f-cked. Ain't no way Sheree, Kandi, Porsha, and Cynthia can carry this show alone. 

Honestly, I feel like Kenya is gonna be the first of many casualties. I have a feeling that this'll be the last season for Kandi, Porsha, and possibly Cynthia too. 

• Members

Kenya leaves...then what?! She drives story and moves things along. Porsha, Sheree and Cynthia cannot carry this show.

I'm dreading Kim's return. It'll be: Cuss, Cuss, cuss. I have a fabulous life I don't need to be here! **exit stage left**

Love her or hate her, Kenya is the HW people talk the most about/creates buzz for the show.

• Members

^

This. 

And cheap knockoffs like Marlo ain't gonna cut it either. 

But according to TT, she's said that Kenya contacted her and didn't quit, nor did she have anything to do with Kim not going on the trip. 

I'm beginning to wonder if this elaborate scheme to bring back Kim and have the women turn on Kenya was the plan all along. Word is that the new EP is Kim's best friend and was former EP of Kim's show. Plus, we all know Andy would love to get rid of Kenya, as he loathes her.

I hope this blows up in Bravo's face tremendously. 

I get people don't like Kenya, but Kenya >>>>>>>>>>> Kim all day, every day.

• Members

I know she has a fan here so I don't want to act like everyone hates her, but I just don't get Kim's appeal. I get it in the early years of RHOA, but not now. To be honest she makes me feel sick and dirty any time I see her. She looks like someone on the local news, never for a good reason. 

I think that Kenya probably had reached a natural end (of course Nene did too and she just keeps coming back) but her last season being about some sort of conflict with Amanda Lepore - it's beneath what the show can be.

Edited by DRW50