Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Wow, you guys really think they should cancel RHoNY? It give me life this season. I would rather they cancel BH and especially NJ before they can NY, tbh. It is so much more watchable than those two franchises right now.

Although I agree that Heather, Carole and Kristen are not connecting with the audience. I enjoy Carole's wit and Heather is a goddess but it is just not enough to bring in an audience, I guess. Personally, I would make Sonja a 'friend of,' keep pitbulls Ramona and Aviva so that they can fight pitbull Jill who is CHOMPING at the bit to return. LuAnn should be made a full-time HW, Heather and Carole too if they are willing to engage and SHADE ToxicJill forever. On the fence about Kristen.

I liked Alex but I don't necessarily miss her or Simon so... And Kelly and Cathy can both stay gone.

Bethenny looks down on the show so I'm not sure I need that attitude "gracing" us with her presence tbh.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

NYC needs brand recognition. If Ramona is being demoted, and I hope she isn't, I would think they would be smart enough to heavily feature her, just like LuAnn this past season. Who knows what's really going on, as I've heard other reports that LuAnn is definitely back as a full-time housewife next season. If it's a matter of money, then I can see why they want to downgrade Lu and Ramona. Their ratings don't equate to large salaries, unfortunately.

Heather and Carole are great supporting ladies, but they're not the leaders. They're not the faces people are coming to see. They're not the Lisa Vanderpump, NeNe Leakes, Vicki Gunvalson of NYC; they're the Cynthia Baileys, Jacqueline Lauritas, and Taylor Armstrongs. They need Jill back for face & name recognition. Bethenny, too, as a Special Guest Star, a la Heather Locklear. For Alex, it'd be fun if they picked up where they left off with her and LuAnn. Their icy conversation at the end of Season Four was one of the best moments ever on Housewives, IMO.

Cat, I agree about OC. I would vote it MVP this year, too, even over Atlanta.

I liked this season of NYC, but it felt like a bunch of "Lost Footage" episodes pieced together to create a season. There wasn't a throughline from start to finish, other than everyone's distain towards Aviva.... but she barely made it in half the episodes and was removed from the opening theme twice!

• Members

I agree with what you're saying Cheap, but I think that isn't necessary. Bravo are just single minded fools. Look at how black viewers flock to their shows on Sunday with heavy black presence. When relaunching New Jersey, why scrape the bottom of the barrel trying to find more Italians in a diluted market, when they could've cast a black housewife or other races that aren't in that circle of Italian/Mob culture. They shouldn't be so afraid to mix it up and be diverse in their casting. For all it's faults and lack of success, I'd say Beverly Hills has probably been the most risk taking when it comes to casting. Last year you had 3 non-Americans with accents and one Puerto Rican housewife. That would NEVER happen on the other series.

• Members

Miami was an all latina telenovella, which is the same problem I feel you have in New Jersey. They cast all their Miami shows with the same type of people and the audience is too narrow for that type of show. Why would they watch RHOM on Bravo when they have endless options on Telemundo and Univision? Basketball Wives was set in Miami and had almost an entire black cast. Where were those women on RHOM? I want integration on all of these series, including ATL. It's just real life and by limiting the search pool you're more likely to end up with dud housewives.

• Members

Ramona is being demoted because of money. NYC has horrible demos. They can not afford to keep her as a full time which is why she'll be part time and only paid for the scenes that make it to air. She is undoubtedly looking for a Nene-sized check when Nene's franchise has 3x the audience. Her demotion is nothing more then when Guiding Light had to put people on recurring to keep their budgets low. I am expecting NYC to go on a cast trip to Peapack, NJ next year or something.

Edited by Eric83

• Members
The Nene/Kandi/Kenya/Cynthia/Phaedra combo is the best in reality television. I'm hoping they continue to break records this season. Lol well Nene basically spilled that Bravo was never actively looking for white housewives until she brought Kim around. I actually don't mind them having a specific type for certain series like OC, NJ, and ATL but areas like BH and NYC are known for their ethnic diversity. That should be showcased more.

• Members

I remember reading somewhere (I don't remember where and it was purely speculation, of course) that Bravo hesitated in bringing on black housewives anywhere but ATL because they were/are worried that it would mess with African American viewership of RHOA, which is obviously a high percentage of that shows huge audience. I don't know what's true and what isn't, but I do wish we could get an AA housewife on NYC or BH, especially.

• Members

Hmmmm.... that seems like such a copout, like for real. If they want eyeballs on these other franchises then they need black HWs. I'd watch the first few initial eps. just to get a feel for who they are and what they bring to the table. It wouldn't make me stop watching ATL.