Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree. I haven’t commented on ATL for several weeks, despite watching faithfully, as I don’t think there’s much to say. It’s boring and whatever soft reset they thought they were doing is a failure. 

I am all for following their real lives but someone as negative as Kenya is draining to watch and in a world full of serious bad news, I don’t care to endure someone as negative as she is.

• Members

RHOA

Mallory and that side-eye...chhhillde...

But let me not get ahead of myself.

For me, it's been in the nuance. The slow burn. Not to mention the alleged potential drama tea that was cut off that might have made this part of the season more interesting. I definitely think that it's been interesting seeing how Georgia and Texas handled the Co-Vid since they filmed more or less concurrently enough. I think this has been another case of how the 'Pass the Peach' game the producers like to do on the girls rather than firmly decide who is in and who is out from GO has hurt RHOA. So far, this season...Eva the Diva like Tamra on OC this season has a BTS hand in things to the point she was better off being on it still. It seems like Eva is friends with a lot of these newbies and that might have helped more getting them integrated organically. 

I like slow burns. As long as they build to something. I enjoyed that we started the season with some real world issues. I know not everyone was not here for that. However, it needed to be said. Preferably not preachy. And it did get a bit repetitive. However, I can always count on the Peaches to turn it around and get messy. 

And slowly, but surely they are getting there. And they already show on a commercial that it appears that Kenya/LaToya might be going private plane to the trip while the others did a van...already setting up messy drama. And I cannot wait. 

But so far...it's not that I've been bored like everyone else. But it's...just there. And I cannot just blame that on the girls. There's been a lot out there the girls did. There's been a lot filmed allegedly. So if it's boring, I'm looking at production this time. 

KANDI. I know. Shocking. I'm starting with Kandi. It occurred to me while watching...why Block? I understand it. For sure. But here we are watching her getting ready for an event...a worthwhile one...and we are getting that. I know when this was filmed they were dealing with Co-Vid...but why not touch on her appearance on THE MASKED SINGER or on THE CHI in season and see if it ruffled any feathers between her and Todd. Not to mention the ladies. Clearly, there are other things with Kandi they can show...that aren't tired like Block. However, I think that was the first time that felt forced to me. And funnily enough I don't feel that way with the Kandi Koated Gang usually...though Don Juan is shading Kenya online right now.

Please register in order to view this content

KENYA. I love her, but...bitter betty.   While her imitation Porsha was spot on, she was just bad to watch. When the best drama she is giving at the moment is what is happening OFF SCREEN, no bueno. Of course, that will stop next week, but she was just bitter tonight.

DREW. I like that she is supporting her man through his father's death. And she pulled an Eva (see that?) on the phone, but that was just it.

PORSHA. Growth. It's funny since her and seeing how funny she still is. But at the same time...a viewer can see how she's grown. Old Porsha was totally there at that dinner with Cynthia. Kiki-ing and all. Then later, we saw the more mature Porsha. She came through for Kandi OF ALL PEOPLE and EARLY for a good cause. I definitely don't think it is a photo-op for her. She's turned into the real deal. But you know what they say about people on the raise...people get jealous and want to bring you down. It's funny seeing Porsha being the bigger person as Kenya keeps poking her. 

CYNTHIA. Messy. it's funny to see Cynthia trying to make this season all about her and her wedding. The real juicy drama was what was in the room tonight. Cynthia has not been looking good at all this season...personality wise.  She's been doing questionable things for weeks now...echoing what Nene has been saying about her for a while. And as the person (according to Lauren) that is responsible for this latest feud between Porsha and Kenya, she was doing more mess. I now have to side-eye that whole episode with the domestic violence commercial now. Did her mother really not know? Did Cynthia trick her? And then after that...to want to invite her father to the wedding, dissing her mother? Mallory gave her such a large side-eye...IT SPOKE VOLUMES. It was during Cynthia's rant...deflecting. Watch it again...it was like Mallory was about to check Cynthia, but stopped and just let her leg shaking, clearly hoping her tongue...something Mallory does not do. What's the tea? LOVE Noelle stepping in and checking Cynthia for everyone. Noelle was right. How could Cynthia be so selfish? She's showing a new face...and it's not pretty at all.

Yep...a tame episode. But a good one. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Covid (those face shields are useless) isn't helping, and neither is Cynthia wanting to host a potential super-spreader event for her third wedding.

But IMO production is the true culprit. I probably shouldn't comment because I haven't watched since episode 2 of the current season. However, I have long felt ATL is badly done by this current production team. Everything feels very surface and by-the-book. Rehearsed shade? Check. Outfit/glam watch? Check. That's about it. Cast members appear to be going through the self-produced motions. It feels jarringly edited at times, too.

I re-watched S6 and S7 a few months back. Woooo! What a breeze those were to watch. Not a wasted moment or comment. The show was fire, and it showed us EVERYTHING. Even the stuff Nene or Phaedra did not want us to see. With ATL the last little while, I'm not feeling the fire. I feel like this is a clock-in/clock-out job for everybody involved.

Maybe I just need to catch up when we get to the 'sex party' episode LOL

Hello Joyce GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Cat

• Members

I think she and Porsha are draining to watch at this point and y'all know I love me some Kenya. I am so over Kenya v. Porsha x1000th. It's stale. It's boring. I'm to the point where I want Bravo to can everyone and find a new batch of a women. 

I don't think it'll pick up at all. They are about to drag out stripper-gate much like they did with the fight on Potomac or Denise/Brandi on BH. 

If these shows are going to focus on dragging out one story all f*cking season long, cut the episode count down to 10-12 episodes for each show in the entire franchise. Hell, I think they need to do that anyway. Every city is stale and it all boils down to production being too heavily involved. 

• Members

Same.

I'll vouched for you since I'm up to date.   That is how I am feeling. Moreso after seeing a tweet suggesting what was cut out of the season so far to hurry up and get to Strippergate. And that tweet...if true...was juicy and could have been the cherry on top along with Strippergate. However...if true...producers were worried about how it would look. Especially after BH where the group ganged up on one person (Denise) that was a fan favorite, POTOMAC where the group ganged up on one person (Monique) that was a fan favorite. And if the tweet was true, it would have appeared to be the group AGAIN ganging up on one person who currently would be the fan favorite...Porsha. 

HOWEVER, by not including it, the season is looking like you said jarringly edited. I'm enjoying it more than the rest of you all, but I admit that I do feel a good with the motions with it as well. Heck, I didn't even pull out wine until AFTER the episode. I haven't done that for RHOA, RHOP, and M2M for YEARS now. It clearly did not deserve the wine.    

If 2020 showed us viewers anything, it's that production has gotten too heavily involved (like their puppetmaster Andy Cokehead) and it's messing with their brand. They need to let it flow, show EVERYTHING, and stop protecting folk if it is hurting the show. Let the real be...REAL.

Same.

• Members

I have to agree re: Kenya.  The hateration has grown stale. We know what she has, we know what she doesn't have, we know what she wants... and her hating just reflects all her own insecurities. If she does it merely to stir the pot for television, well again, it's grown stale. 

Drew and her fineass husband are on another show. It actually felt weird having her call in to Cynthia (or was it Porsha?) to check in with them at Kandi's event. She feels like a completely random woman interspersed between scenes. Has she been to one event yet with all the cast? 

Cynthia's daughter Noel continues to WOW me every time she's on screen. Just a stunning beautiful girl. But please detach yourself from your phone every once in awhile unless you intend on needing glasses by age thirty. 

Porsha continues to give me the giggles from time to time. Other than that... Meh. 

• Members

Interestingly, BH and ATL got rid of their long-time production people around S9/S10. And it shows.

Evolution has always produced BH (it also produces OC) but EP/crew changed in S9. 'Sources' at the time *cough*Kyle/Rinna*cough* claimed that this was a fabulous change because the previous crew on seasons 1-8 'favored' LVP. Well, they may have favored LVP, but look at S6 under the old production team -- Eileen and Rinna exposed LVP's machinations and no-one could say LVP was edited in a favorable way. They showed it all. By contrast, S9 and S10 felt like there was a lot more to the story than we were seeing, and a lot more production interference and re-editing.

Similarly, I feel like ever since Carlos King and co were shown the door (and to be clear, Carlos was messy, had faves and likely overstepped), the Don't Be Tardy crew that replaced them has leaned heavily on scripted, surface content. That's possibly because DBT is a highly scripted, surfacy, 20 minute show in the Chrisley Knows Best mold. But RHOA is not a Chrisley Knows Best and you can tell that when there is a reunion -- the women are quick on their feet, firing shots and bringing stuff out production didn't necessarily flesh out during the season. I will always remember the highly epic S10 reunion which followed a lacklustre, Kim Zolciak-friendly season. When the women were left to their own devices, they were on fire.

I'm not sure if the DBT crew stayed on with ATL -- right now it looks like Truly Original are in charge of production, and that's the same company that produces Potomac and DBT. It feels like the same DBT vibe: surface, scripted, reshaped seasons. The team based in DC seem to be producing a little differently and pointing a camera at the drama. Which is working up til now. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Not a fan of Gizelle on Potomac, but lord, she was the most stunning beauty when she was young -- and she is still a looker.

All this potential -- family background, stunning looks, college education, smarts. So why Jamal? I feel like Gizelle was destined for better somehow. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Gray Bunny Drew I think so far has interacted only once. That will be changing soon. 

@Cat yes, that is indeed interesting. I had forgotten about the change with BH. In fact, I think I saw the editor that hated Denise in the Lisa Nicole vs Quad fight from Season 3 (was watching old episodes last night). Things to make you go hmmm. 

Oh, yes, Carlos was all of those. But could still put on a show. And because he was so close went deeper into the ladies' lives than what they are doing now. Even with what we have so far, I am sure he would go much deeper and it would not be blah. 

Well didn't the production team for RHOA this year change again? Or who is in charge of it? 

I hate those shows. re: DBT/CKB lol. 

• Members

@Taoboi The only reason I believe Braunwyn isn’t returning is because it’s leaked why Shannon is so mad at her at the reunion...Braunwyn allegedly offered Shannon’s 14 year old daughter coke. Even worse, Braunwyn isn’t denying it, instead claiming she doesn’t remember. I don’t see how you can come back from that. 

On the subject of production companies, they do impact the quality of the show. You can tell just looking at how some have handled Covid compared to others. New Jersey looks like a regular season and although it’s mostly home based, Dallas is pretty seamless as well. ATL on the other hand can’t even get their cast in the room together and they’ve clearly let Covid take over the show. I’m very curious how NYC and BH will handle it. 

Also, we see Salt Lake City had to switch production companies and the original didn’t see the value in keeping Mary despite her being central to the drama. Imagine how the season would’ve went if they edited her out as intended? A good production company can do a lot with the same footage. ATL is in DIRE need of someone with a vision. A vision for casting and the overall chemistry of a group that works. Perhaps they people who do Married to Medicine could help them. That show even on a bad year is entertaining. 

• Members

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? Yeah I don't see her coming back from that if true, either.

I agree about RHOA. But I could say that for a few of the other shows as well. They need someone with a vision and a great eye for casting.  It took a few tries with NJ but look at them now. They found the group chemistry. Same for NY only having to change very little.