Y&R: Week of March 15 Discussion

• Members

I'm sorry but Shick don't deserve to raise Cassie 2.0. They barely take care of the son they have now. Unless Noah has a near death experience the usually ignore him.

Of course he will. I hate how they make it seem like Reed needs Victoria than he needs JT considering how it looks like JT takes more care of Reed than Victoria does (he wasn't called Mr. Mom for nothing).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Storylines like the GH's Monica adn Dr Dorman scene, whereafter Dorman took it too far by messing with Monica's children, Monica kindly drugged, tied and smacked him around (That whole scene had me as a viewer feeling victorious and the dialogue was made of win) for example is what would have been effective here

• Members

Beware US viewers. Gurning Billy appears more than once today, trying to win over LimpToria. Meanwhile, Eileen and the gorgeous dumpling playing Faith continue to show up how over-actorly everybody else is. It's like ED decided that not even bad writing was going to get in the way of her handle on Ashley.

• Members

Don't really like Adam, but he comes across as sympathetic compared to these douchebags. The people who should have beaten Adam didn't. I would like a good long redemption for Adam without ruining Hope or Cliff anymore than they already have. Or without a sexual abuse storyline, that's such a cop out. Adam can be a pain in the ass for the Newmans.

I understand why people are saying JT is self-righteous in this situation, but I still think he's in the right on this. Victor has been toxic to his children and grandchildren the last few years. His vendetta with Jack has cost his granddaughter to become brain damaged. If Victoria is really like Victor than Reed is going to have some serious mommy issues.

How much time has Victor spent with Faith? I can't recall the old fart spending time with the baby after she was baptized.

Hehe.... I like the name Fluckers.laugh.gif Is Tucker an official failure? I see SN!Tucker being praised, but that seems more for Stephen Nichols being Stephen Nichols than it is for his actual work on the show. I actually liked the character(not necessarily the actor, but he did get a bad rap for his time on Boy Meets World) before the recast, but that's just me.

• Members

The thing is, everyone in town has a motive to kill him now. It will be very hard to redeem someone who is unapologetic and lives in denial about gaslighting a pregnant woman to her miscarriage and switching the child of the women he married and manipulated for months.

That's the thing about this show, EVERY CHARACTER is so damn unsympathetic. There's no one here to root for because they've all been written either to be super self-righteous, or their crimes have been too damn disgusting to redeem.

But, what counts as a "long story" on this show anymore?

I still don't get the purpose of Tucker on this show, and the storyline with his introduction and his settling in Genoa City has been so damn bad, and dreadfully boring.

I don't see what the hell is so special about Stephen Nichols, he's not bringing anything to this role, nor is the writing interesting for this character.

And Granny Cooper has been damn HORRIBLE for a while now.

But of course this writing team and their ego thinking this is the best Y&R has ever been. :rolleyes:

• Members

Victor has never been near Faith. The closest he got was browbeating Neil into staying away from Ashley. Faith was in the room at the time. That's why I never bought that Adam was getting any kind of revenge against Victor in his plans against Ashley. Victor doesn't care about women or children.

I don't know if Tucker's an official failure. There are some who will love him because of the actor only, which I can understand, we all have our favorite actors, and I think Stephen Nichols is wonderful, on a show that is not crap. I can't stand the character, the Katherine story is one of the most horribly paced I can recall, I was disgusted by the way he so casually discarded Jill and even more disgusted that some sicko at the show obviously thought this would show us what a hot stud Tucker was. He's also just plain weird. Stephen Nichols frequently looks confused and when he doesn't look confused he looks constipated. And when he wears those f***ing glasses he looks like Carrie Donovan from the Old Navy ads.

But he's a success in terms of "Look, we got someone who was famous from another show! We're so cool!" which seems to be a major reason for Y&R's casting decisions now.

I loved William Russ on Wiseguy and I thought he was OK on Boy Meets World. I think he better fit the quirkiness of the character. I don't think he would fit today's Tucker, but that's to his credit.

I think Tucker was SOL as soon as Braeden decided to stay. They tried to salvage it by hiring a Barbara Bloom favorite, and I'm sure we will get a lot more feuding between Victor and Tucker, but I don't care. I don't want to see my great grandpa in his leather jacket wheezing around. If I wanted to see that I would have watched Walker Texas Ranger. At least they had Linc Lafferty in tight jeans.

• Members

Tucker's been a failure from the start...a Victor replacement with a sloppy background story put together after Victor came back. The whole "maverick billionaire" angle was joke, tennis shoes without shoe laces, sunglasses, and rock music and all

Eileen Davidson = :wub:

• Members

I read you Y&RWorldTurner, I really do. I hate to see a character from a main family and someone with parents like Cliff and Hope being unredeemable. Plus it would be nice to see a character to truly be responsible for what they did and pay for it. No saving someone, being punished for a crime they didn't commit, or my parents beat me, or I was sexual abused. A 5 year jail stint would be good and have people hate him for what he did. If a character like Kevin Fisher can be redeemed and become popular than I think Adam can too.

• Members

I don't even think think Kevin has been redeemed, he still breaks the law when it suits him and he's barely even sorry for anything he's done.

Kevin's "redemption" has been a total flop in the long-term. I wish he had gone to prison and was written out years ago.

and plus, look at the types of stories Kevin gets these days...eeek.

I do agree, Adam spending time in a jail off-screen would be ideal. Then he can return with a younger recast, Muhney has always looked older than Morrow and Heinle, when he's not supposed to. He can then proceed to prove himself again...

• Members

The only reason why Kevin looked like he is popular because he made CKLily into being a victim. I mean who wasn't cheering when CKLily was Kevin victim. I bet if it was somebody else they would have wrote him off a long time ago.

I think Adam is redeemable. He needs to go away for several years for this to work.

• Members

Y&R doesn't have several years left to even try redemption, which I don't think is possible with this character.

I don't think Stephen Nichols would be such a flop if it wasn't for Tucker dumping Jill the second he stepped into the role like Jess is somehow undeserving of a "real star" like Stephen. His character getting to treat Jill like trash to push the writers agenda that women over 40 are useless made me sick and is one of the reasons I barely watch anymore. Real Writers would have given them a few weeks to either work or fail and then directed story to fit that.

Archived