Y&R: Week of March 15 Discussion

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eileen Davidson. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I cannot stomach the Newmans one second more. Not one of them. Not that I'm defending Adam -- he was DeadToMe the second he caused Ashley's miscarriage and then let her continue thinking she was pregnant -- but the way they stood around judging his ass... Really, people? Are you all above the law? He's a psycho. Lock him up! And the way Vamptoria was all "We have to play our part, just like Daddy told us to. Because it's all part of Daddy's Master Plan and we must obey." What a wet noodle this bitch is. Let Daddy do the thinking for you! If Daddy was so smart, how come Daddy didn't have guards posted around the cabin so that Adam couldn't make his escape? Dumbasses.

And what the fck was Gurning Billy doing there, chewing scenery like a little blonde beaver? Shouldn't this be about Ashley, Sharon and (god help me) Victor instead of focusing on his Adam-induced trauma?

And Giggly Heffa can go take a long walk off a short pier. I can't stand her self-righteous ass either. The psycho was about to burn the letter intended for Ashley so that she could hold on to her pathetic excuse of a neanderthal husband. What a shining beacon of womanhood she is. Honestly, I thought OLTL was messed up but Y&R is even more of a dysfunctional clusterf*ck than that godforsaken show.

• Members

Word.

Not to mention, the beats in this story were so horribly rushed over that it makes everything look more absurd than usual. No one in that room had any room to judge.

Victoria has been so beaten down, it's BOTH the writing and actress. It's a shame what they've done to the child that used to be the most like her father.

I have to roll my eyes at people who claim Billy will save Victoria and Amelia Heinle. :rolleyes:

How is anything going to save a character that's been stripped of her identity and personality? This character is unrecognizable.

I mentioned this last week. Out of everyone there, Billy was the one that stuck out like a sore thumb. He barely shared ANY scenes with Adam and they do not have a history together, like the one Adam and Jack have through the forged diary.

It's a classic example of his this horrible writing regime overexposes their pet character and pet actor Billy Abbott/Billy Miller. This character has lost everything I liked about him during the David Tom era.

Exactly.

clap-1.gifclap-1.gifclap-1.gifclap-1.gif

This show is pathetic and has lost everything resembling its identity.

• Members

I would have liked it better if it had just been Sharon, Ashley and Heather. The macho posturing in these Adam take down scenes was incredibly bad. Victor was especially cartoonish, but Billy and Nick were also acting like high school bullies. I'm pretty sure we were supposed to admire them for holding a blind man's arms behind his back and beating him, but I wasn't impressed.

Adam did deserve the beat down, don't get me wrong. Especially after Sharon was basically down on her knees begging him to tell her what happened to her baby. Having Victor, Jack, Nick and Billy give it to him just didn't work for me at all. Having all of these guys together really brought home how badly the men of Y&R are written.

On the plus side, I like Jill's little B story. It's nice to see her working to bring Tucker down after how he treated her. I also liked it when Katherine admitted that she cares more about getting her company back than she does about Tucker.

• Members

Giggly Heffer was being praised to the high heavens for putting her relationship with Nick to one side and giving Ashley the letter. What a woman. Give this paragon of virtue a medal for doing the decent thing that ANY one of us would do.

And what a great marriage this must be if a Shick child is viewed as a threat. Given the way Nick practically ignored Victor's hand in Summer's near-death and let his son run off to live alone in a foreign country at the tender age of 16, I don't think Phyllis has to worry about this latest kid becoming his top priority. Not when there are damsels-in-distress that need beddin' and half-brothers that need an ass-whoopin'.

• Members

That was about as insulting as when they showed Noble Victor and his coven of handmaidens taking the law into their own hands and delivering their own brand of militia justice.

The way Victor grunted at Rafe and Heather to "go take a walk" -- which they obliged -- was disgusting.

• Members

Today was pretty good. ED has been doing so well with this story. Some of the dialogue in this episode seemed kind of :o to me though. Like when Jack walked in on Ashley and said "Oh my God, not again!" Jack Abbott master of tact. :lol: Ashley's reaction was hilarious though. I'm not sure if that exchange was supposed to be humorous, but Y&R hasn't made me laugh so hard in sometime.

Then Phyllis says "Don't let Ashley's sanity stand in the way of spending one minute with your daughter". :unsure: Nice. I can understand Nick and Sharon's wanting to get their daughter ASAP, but maybe calling in Liv and a psychiatrist to mediate this situation might be the way to go considering Ashley's history.

JT is so right about Victor, but I'm sure he'll get screwed over soon enough for daring not to bow to TGVN. I miss the Victoria who was her father's daughter, but wasn't a daddy's little girl.

Archived