AMC: Tuesday, 3/2/10

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So now it gets interesting. If Tad is not the father, then who did Hillary sleep with besides Mitch? I remember she dated Tad's brother Jeff for a bit when Lorraine was HW in the late 80s. They'd deSORASed the character, but could never find a good actor to play the role, and finally gave up.

They could say that Tad and Hillary bumped into each other when they were both off canvas and had a one-night stand. She could've become pregnant, and with Tad gone, passed the baby off as Mitch's. It's hard to believe they would dredge up such ancient history, but with Lorraine back, who knows? Again, she was writing during this time, so she knows the characters' history together.

• Members

Adam hired Tad to swindle Phoebe out of some of her land. (Adam and Tad used to have that kind of relationship - Adam would pay Tad off and Tad would screw over whoever, including friends (e.g., when Adam was jealous that Erica slept with Tom the night before she married Adam, Adam paid Tad to take an underage girl to the Goalpost and order drinks so that Tom would lose his liquor license). Anyway, Tad asked Phoebe for some of her land so he could build a dream house for Hillary and himself. Tad sold the land to Adam for $1 (plus a payoff for Tad) and then Adam sold it to the state so they could build a massive highway on it (right through Phoebe's back yard!) This and other problems caused a big split between Tad and Hillary but they were making their way back to one another when Hillary found out that Tad had an affair with Skye and that was it. They were never romantically involved again and Tad left for California (where he became a PI) shortly after Christmas 1985 (so maybe very early 1986). Hillary was around for months after that and became involved with Mitch Beck (Donna's cute motorcycle riding brother) and eventually left town with him. So unless, Tad and Hillary hooked up off-screen afterward it's impossible for Tad to be the Damon's daddy unless they re-write history which is probably what they did because not that many people would remember anyway.

I have the last two full episodes of Tad before he left in late 1985/early 1986 which are great (a lot of goodbye scenes with his family, Hillary/Brooke/Phoebe/Langley, and he and Adam have a terrific goodbye scene - and the best part is that Tad is wearing leather pants!). I wish I knew how to share it. I have some assorted scenes with Tad and Hillary too. I would love to have their wedding which was great - Tad got locked in a bank vault with his ex-lover Robin McCall (played by Hunter Tylo) by bank robbers and nobody knew where he was when he didn't show up for the wedding … Hillary went out looking for him (location shoot in the snowy streets of PV) and was hit by a car driven by Dottie (Tad's first wife) and Edna Thornton, but she was fine and it was played for laughs.

Even though it isn't possible for Tad to be the Daddy (although there is little doubt in my mind that he will still turn out to be), I'm glad that Hillary is the Mom. Before Tad and Dixie made me forget all about them, I loved Tad and Hillary!

• Members

Yup. Did Damon say that his mom was alive or dead? I hope she's alive. Hillary was the first love of Tad's life and I remembering hoping that they'd bring Hillary on when Dixie was still on the canvas. I wonder whom Tad would've chosen.

Archived