Soap Openings: Past and Present

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think the woman has a nice voice. I didn't mean to put her down.

The wonders of the Internet. We'd never get to see some of these shows, much less the themes, otherwise. Back in the first few years of WOST, before I had broadband, I would go and watch some of the theme songs on dialup, and it would take forever, but would be worth it. I was in disbelief at how many opening some of "my" soaps had had -- I remember being especially disbelieving with the GL theme that the Dobsons referred to as "dead leaves."

• Members

LOL I remember visiting WoST with dial up, and yes each time it would be worth it. I find it interesting that looking at GL from its inception and on, at how many different opening sequences it has had. I'm taking a wild guess here, but HOTL has to have been the longest opening sequence it has had.

• Members

Oh my Lord, I forgot how long it used to take to watch those WoST clips, and I'd wait in such eager anticipation. Buffering, buffering, buffering... Every Friday was like Christmas, and Christmas was like... well, it was a very special site thanks to Brian and the people who donated material.

A couple of months ago I found an old notebook and in it I had jotted down a few things I wanted to search for on my next visit to what was then the Museum of TV & Radio. I had to chuckle to myself as that list is completely checked off now, with almost an embarrassment of riches when it comes to the material I thought I had zero chance of ever seeing.

• Members

Yeah WOST was a miraculous Godsend to me for the same reason. I was glad I managed to save over 40 of their episodes, though unfortunately two I most want now (the Loving pilot movie and the 1968 Another World by Agnes Nixon) I didn't seem to save :(

I feel like an idiot--I had NO idea that Harding Lemay wrote under Marland for a time at GL till those credits :lol:

• Members

I really hope OLTL gets a new opening. Only a new design though, I want them to keep the same music. I would also like if somehow they made the theme longer to fit the whole cast into one opening.

This is the order I would do:

Todd

Tea

Blair

Starr

Cole

Markko

Langston

Ford

Cristian

Layla

Fish

Kyle

Roxy

Rex

Gigi

Schuyler

Brody

Jessica

Natalie

John

Marty

Nora

Matthew

Dani

Bo

Kim (In case of recast)

Clint

Dorian

Charlie

Viki

I didn't put Rachel in since DD is on her way out, and I left out Greg because he has no connections to anyone but Rachel. I added in Fish since he should be in it regardless of being on recurring or not. I also just threw in Roxy to sort of connect Kyle to Rex.

Archived