January 18-22, 2010

Toups

• Members

Very well said! And ditto, go AMC!!!!

It is both silly and pathetic how certain ATWT fans push their show as so great and keep hoping for another show they've never liked to sink in the ratings. It's not going to save ATWT and it's not going to convince anyone to watch that show before it goes off the air in September.

If AMC can show this much growth with a mostly reviled headwriter, just imagine how high the ratings could go with a good headwriter starting next month!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that ABC must be pleased that GH seems to have stabilized that 18 to 49 women demo, but apprehensive that the demo continues to decline. GH struggles to hit a high of 1.5 and was stuck at 1.2 for a while. We know about the budget cuts so with this upcoming Franco NY episode, there must more budget cuts to come. I am sure that ABC will be keenly watching the February sweeps demos after the money spent on promoting Dante's shooting. I think that GH will do well, but not as well as they hope.

• Members

Direct TV is freaked by the Comcast/NBCU deal and they want to own/distribute content. The know that Comcast will be doing 'Comcast Only' shows and that a cable war is starting to shape. Each cable provider will hype that they exclusively broadcast certain shows. We are all going to be thinking of cable companies as mega channels in a few years, especially as it all shifts online.

If Direct TV can work a good deal with PGP, they will pick up ATWT. I also bet they pick up a few other shows. I am really curious to how Time Warner and Verizon deal with this. Verizon will need a content partner so, within the next year or so, they will merge with a studio or network. I could see a Verizon/CBS deal.

• Members

I'm a fan of AMC and a fan of the genre, so I like to see all soaps go up. I'm happy for AMC - especially those demo numbers compared with last week. The show is slowly regaining it footing. The last five years have been hard to watch, but I am encouraged about the future. I think the move to California is good for the show, but it is also a last chance. They have to keep the numbers - and, I hope, the quality - on the upswing.

• Members

I agree with everyone when they said "why would you wish for another soap to die?". And most of them are coming from ATWT fans. It's annoying and really you can express your hate but we see it EVERY minute. Happy for AMC!

With OLTL I don't find it enjoyable.

I am glad DAYS is once agian inching the #2 spot. Well deserved.

• Members

I'm torn about AMC. It's always been able to pull me back for short periods of time so in a sense I'm always ready to go "home" to Pine Valley. I've been hopeful that the move to L.A. and Pratt's firing would lead the way to a Days-like renaissance for the show, then with the announcement of the new writing regime, my Battered Viewer Syndrome kicked in and I lost that hope. As long as ABC is managed the same way, it's like running a hurdle race with 20lb weights around your ankles.

• Members

There really is no mysery to these Days numbers, either. It's about weighing up your assets, losing the fat, and solid work both in front of and behind the scenes.

GH's terminal slide has to be a wake-up call to ABC. Guza has run out of steam. What a pity GH's "stars" are holding the show to ransom. I'm willing to bet that this week's ratings will see a gain for GH, though. It has actually been rather good. Gulp.

Archived